Tavern Tales & Rumours

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

Analogkid
Ogre

Re: Tavern Tales & Rumours

Post by Analogkid »

Word begins to spread around Cantrev Koart and a few surrounding communities about the discovery of a brutalized body of a young lass which was found a week ago buried in a shallow grave on an outlying farm. Reports and word of mouth claim the girl was last seen with a man of average height and build, of perhaps middle age who may go by the name of Fenrin.

More recently, travelers passing through Dultann village, have heard that a local family have reported one of their daughters missing within the last day.
"Cast in his unlikely role....ill equipped to act"
Analogkid
Ogre

Post by Analogkid »

Travelers passing through Dultann village report that the entire village is in mourning. The remains of a local girl who had been missing for the last few weeks have been found. Some claim that the details remind them of similar macabre find recently near Caer Koart.

Elsewhere, at various taverns around Gwynneth isle, sailors can be heard to speak of increased lizard men sightings, and even of minor raids occurring with increasing frequency. Some merchants and ships have gone missing with suspicion falling upon the lizardmen
Analogkid
Ogre

Post by Analogkid »

Word travels around Gwynneth isle that a battle occurred in the fens of the fallen. Those passing through Koart would hear of how a group of heroes pushed the firbolgs back to their fort within the fens and that there will likely be no trouble from them for some time now.
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

As mid summer approaches the isles find themselves wracked either with sweltering heat or drenching rains. Storms such that have not been seen in the isles in many a year are sweeping across the isles. Already some areas are reporting that early crops are failing . Berries and fruit are rotting on the trees or withering under the glaring sun Wheat and corn is not growing at all .
Reports have filtered in from Skaug of a hurricane blowing though and while it does moderate damage and sinks a couple of ships . . . on the bright side . . it did wash alot of the filth from the gutters. Merchants rebuild with their slave labor and ill gotten gains.
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Word spreads that there will be a grand Festival in Regents Field on the Isle of Alaron to celebrate Midsummer. The brewery at lowhill is sponsoring a drinking contest featuring their beer, contests of magic and might will be held for prizes and bards from all over the realm will gather to impress the flolk with their stories and song. Entertainers and merchants will gathered to show off their wares.

((Coming to you later this next week there very likely will be side adventures between contests))

In darker news the Cantrev of Horsetall has sent word to Callidyrr that they have been attacked by fishmen from the sea and a number of their prize horses were slaughtered as well as a number of men.

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

A grizzled adventurer overheard talking in the Silver Salmon at Kingsbay

I tell ya . . . there be dark critters coming outta Llyrath these days . . . Boars nearly as big as I am an.... and rats . . . so many rats . . . more then I wanna try to tackle on me own . . . ya all better think about closing them gates if ya want ta keep them out I tell ya . ..

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

News around town says that Captain Rowlina in Corwell has another job available for willing adventurers

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

Strange and eventful happenings around Cantrev Dultann:

In the early morning hours, well before sunrise a strange howling was heard emanating from the forest South of the village. Some ffolk shuttered their windows and through logs on their hearth fires as the haunting moan brought a chill to their bones.

Shortly thereafter an elf emerged, crawling towards the lamp lights at the guard posting near the village edge. As he came slowly closer it was clear that his face was so pale as to be nearly translucent and he was wracked in pain.

Hovering above the elf was a malevolent spectral figure who howled and emitted what seemed like a taunting, sick cackle as it wrapped its arms around the elf.

The elf himself let forth a weak groan of pain, as if his very spirit was being stolen and he collapsed at the Cantrev's edge.

____

At this point the happenings in the story become less clear as three figures emerged from the darkness. Two were large brown bears, the third a grey wolf. The three were said to drive off the spectral form, which disappeared into the darkness.

The elf was dragged into the village and left to rest. The bears were not seen again, but the wolf is said to remain by the unconscious elf's side, baring teeth at any that approach.
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Overheard in the Silver Salmon in Kingsbay

Young Militia Man " Heard that Father Benjamin got his self killed by some Deaders up by MacSheehan, Curse'd place that . . . . *drinks* And poor Tomas was buried just this morn killed by some Rotted corpses comin down out of the hills there yesterday . . . "

Grizzled Old man "Ya? Me boy tells me there be some stranger in town going out there and puttin down them deadders . . . . Strange that the good Father died after he went out there . . "

Young Militia Man Mebbe so . . but he came bleeding back to town ta day with a bag full of them deadders heads . . .

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

A new young halfling of the land introduces herself.

"Hey, I'm Lunette! you want to know a bit more about me? ... ... ... YOU DO?!" she composes herself for a moment putting on her 'serious face'. "So, I'm hoping to find some adventure on this land. Got to do a bit circle around the world to dance with the moon you see that inspired me. I'm going to own a ship one day, and a port to call home. It will have a big telescope to view the heavens with. Oh right yeah- got to keep my heads out of the clouds though if I want to survive. It ain't easy you know? Always distracted by shiny things."

She looks over her various pieces of equipment, donning a medium armor, blade in hand, even a few lock picks and other items of dubious intent.

"To long didn't listen? I'm a halfling rogue and I want to see the world and beyond!"
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

For a few days the town of Kingsbay is once again bustling, as its fishing boats bring in several large catches of salmon more in one day then they have in the last 6 months, but within a few more days the fish once again seem to have abandoned their normal waters.

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

KINGSBAY
Terror has struck the outlaying farms, as the last two nights have each found a person dead in their field or barn. The body's were pale and desiccated as if all the fluid had been pulled from it. There were no witnesses to either death. To make matters worse many of the farmers and their families have been complaining of nightmares recently and have become very uneasy. The town guard is unable to explain the strange happenings and deaths and advises everyone to stay indoors after dark in the company of others.

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Kingsbay

*For the past week the weather in Kingsbay to as far away as O'Mally has seen nothing but raging storms with pouring rain and driving winds*

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

The Ferry returns from Wyngate at the setting sun, its crew injured. The captain reports being, beset by corpses that climbed up onto his ship from the water. He also reports that Wyngate has reported attacks by a pack of Huge wolves in the middle of the day, Stealing livestock and disappearing into the Llyrath forest.

Traders from Dynnatt arrive early in the morning . . . bearing news of a pack of wolves harrassing the village in recent days. Some of the foragers have reported hearing Howling coming from deep inside the forest. Though many claim it sounds like no wolf they have ever heard before.

Kingsbay has sent traders across the Kings Road with fresh fish to sell. If the good luck continues they are talking of sending a cargo ship to Callidyrr with Fish for the City.

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

As dawn breaks over the Firth in Corwell its heralded by clear skies and the first day the sun has been seen in weeks. Damp spirits seem to brighten, and children come out to play

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin