Tavern Tales & Rumours

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

orangetree
Dungeon Master

Re: Tavern Tales & Rumours

Post by orangetree »

A young halfling heard of adventures heading to the ruins again and keeps her ears to the ground for any word be it success ... Or failure.

Naturally she is very worried
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Rumors in Corwell speak of a gold haired Elf who entered Trapper's Inn, a rather bright smile on his lips, and plunked down a generous sum of coins on the bar. Some say the Elf proceeded to reassure the staff and patrons that the town's recent troubles were at an end, while purchasing several celebratory rounds of drinks for everyone present with the coins.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

*While Kingsbay is again deluged with stormy weather , the southwestern portion of Gywennth has seen naught but sunshine and clear weather for the last 10 day or so. There have been no further reports of wolves or undead from Wyngate or Dynnatt since the Elf claimed to have solved the issue, in the Tavern talk around Corwell*
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Morning breaks in Kingsbay , and while the weather breaks clear , there is talk from many people of having been awoken in the early morning by a throbbing head ache . . that did not last overly long.

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
epetrow
Dire Badger

Post by epetrow »

A farmer who just brought in crops for the suffering people of Kingsbay is overheard in a tavern:

I tells ya I thought we were goners fer sure. My boy n me were camped just east o' Koart and a gobo 'unting party comes out of the woods. I put me boy behind me and leveled me spear at 'em when a figure bursts from the shadows and tears inta them gobos. At first I thought 'e were a wolf cause 'e wore a wolfhead. Anyways, after the gobos be dead I ask 'im ta share our food and fire ta thanks him for saving us from destruction. 'e just laughs and says, " I guess that be what I do now" 'n disappeared inta the night.

Others who have recently travelled the kings road confirm seeing a shadowy figure traveling the wilds as far west as just outside Corwell.
Current NWN1 PCs: Cyrus Thelvair, Castien Miracaryn, Yargrim Goldbrew.

"Bring out your dead!"
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

*The winds have calmed and the Sun shines forth from Corwell to Kingsbay these last weeks. The good weather has lifted the spirits of many .*

*Local traders from Winterglen and High Home have reported severe storms of late, as well as attacks on travelers by hill giants in recent days. Its said they seem to be almost in a rage as if something is driving them mad.*

*News from Callidyrr include rumors that the Queen is with child and will deliver by summers end.
The crown will not be sponsoring any of the Festivals this year due to a shortage in the coffers and the wet weather has left Regents field little better then a mud bog.

Traders running the High Kings Road have reported seeing Wolves of extreme size near Horsa.
Foragers from Horsa, daring the wet weather, have reported seeing the foot prints of something extremely large while gathering peat near the Tearglade.*

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Coinciding with a dramatic improvement to the local clime, several strangers to High Home have been seen going about the settlement and surrounds for the past few days... rumors say they defeated an army of hill giants and worse things... someone apparently has been going about reporting numbers of defeated foes in the hundreds, even thousands, and claiming that they are working on publishing a grand account of the adventure titled:

The Thousand Giants

The name A.S. Ralvatore (or possibly R.A Shaelara?) has been floated about as the nom de plume of said would-be author.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

Following what was her most dangerous adventure yet, disarming traps locks and other acts of guile. "Yeah that was fun."

So there was going to be a book about it... Lunette wondered if she would get a mention. "Eh, fame and glory will come..."

She spends most of her time now on the gnome airship watching over the moon rise and setting. Viewing the land above the clouds felt so right to her.

"I will live in a flying house some day,"
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

A halfling attempted to entertain the elves in Rilifane run with a magic trick. She somehow disappeared within a cloak! The cloak was folded and twisted, then unfurled. Like an aparition it rose and with a spark of confetti she appeared again.

She certainly didn't look like anyone with magical prowess so how the feat was accomplished remained a mystery.

The elves clapped politely at the antics but the halfling looked pleased as punch.
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

A few traveling merchants have remarked that the weather in Blythe and Pembroke has improved dramatically in the last fortnight.

A party of envoys from White Rock, were overheard talking in the Gryphon's Rest about having seen a party of Gnolls in the foothills heading into the mountains with a white colt strung between them. One of the party commented that they could have sworn that colt had a horn coming out of his head but it was too far away to tell for sure. There was also talk that the Gnolls have become particularly fearsome this past year and that unusually large specimens have been sighted at times.

A party of traders from Cantrev Blackstone was overheard remarking on the unusual lightening storms seen in the mountains lately.

A ship from Moray recently made port. The news from Moray town indicate there weather there has been intense and that the Orc tribes to the south have started raiding again. One of the sailors was reported to have been seen speaking to the various tavern keep's seeking his missing betrothed. Purportedly a redheaded young lass around 24 years of age, who had been playing flute at one of the local taverns to make coin.

The Queen has been refusing to see any but the most high envoys in recent days. The local healer has made numerous trips to the Caer of late as well.[/color]

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

The skys over Callidyrr have finally cleared and people are out and about taking advantage of the sunshine. A few farmers can be heard talking about trying to put in a winter crop of wheat and root vegetables but are unsure if the weather will last and be worth the investment.

The Town is abuzz with speculation over the Queen's health and if the expected babes will live past birth.

Fishing boats have started up again and hope to at least be able to bring in some good hauls of fish before the weather turns cold.

Traders from both Blackstone and White Rock have been heard commenting that the storms seemed to have abated in the Farheight mountain range and that the gnolls seem to have calmed their forays against the ffolk. They are now awaiting for the waters to recede enough to check the damage to some of the mines that were flooded due to the incessant rains over the last year, but figure it may be a number of months yet.

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Callidyr has been drying out over the last couple of weeks. The rains seemed to have receded for now.

The City is abuzz with the announcement that the Queen has delivered twins! A boy and a girl, though no one has seen them yet and its rumored that the Queen is not doing well after the birthing.

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Mikayla
Valsharess of ALFA
Location: Qu'ellar Faen Tlabbar, Noble Room 7, Menzoberranzan, NorthUnderdark

Post by Mikayla »

A Calishite woman covered in tattoos of Thorass script and wearing ancient mithril chainmail was seen at the Dance Hall. It is said by those who’ve been around the isles that she is a sailor and sometimes pirate who once served as navigator aboard Lord Drake’s vessel during the great competition for Pirate-King while secretly being a pearl-holding candidate for the title herself, though she did not stick around to see the end of that debacle. It is also said by those who have been around even longer that she first came to the isles fleeing a bounty on her head from both Baldur’s Gate and Silverymoon for crimes ranging from theft to murder.

Though she spent the night talking, drinking and laughing with a blond man, she eventually retired to the baths with one of the girls …

… hard to say if the rumors are true though, as each rumor has a different name attached to it; Aliyah, Layla, Amira, Snake and even the fanciful title “Princess of Blades”.
ALFA1-NWN1: Sheyreiza Valakahsa
NWN2: Layla (aka Aliyah, Amira, Snake and others) and Vellya
NWN1-WD: Shein'n Valakasha
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

As the Summer comes to an end and news trickles in from other islands . . there has been note that the weather on all the islands now seems to have cleared. While the commoners on Oman credit the weather clearing the the sacrifices to Auril, a few claim it was the efforts of a Band of adventurers backed by the Queen . . .

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

A young woman takes refuge in the Lodge of snowdon. She seems quite at peace in these lands, often gazing out the window. Still something in her quiet blue eyes weigh on her. She slips on a garment taken from a goblins hoard, washed and cleaned then stitched. An actual dress that gives her a softer look compared to the armour and chains she wore on her journey.

"Oh Grandmother... what would you do..." she asks herself boldly before the empty chairs of the top floor. The stage upon which she stood alone. "I want to tell you my story... do you want to hear it?"

Silence of the empty chairs... her only answer.

"Hmph... fine, it's not a good story anyway... I need to find -their- story." she was starting to miss her armour. "Well let's try and help these heroes.. I'm in a library there must be something about these stones." She leaves the stage to go to he library.

She looked upon the shelves taking hold of a huge reference book detailing many legends. "Magic stones... magic stones..." the hours passed and time seemed to rush past her. She was tired and weary the book now exhausted as she reaches for another one. Smaller written in an older script, some passages torn. She sighs a bit, reading what was just the same old stories told again.

"I'm not going to give up..." there had to be... something." More time passed and it was now night. There was no light, yet she continues to read. Somehow finding books in the dark, reading them...with a growing desperation...

Until finally her body gives in and she falls asleep on the table. Her notes and papers show endless scribbles of useless thoughts and endless frustrations.

She finds nothing but a nice dream, lost now in those legends she tried to find...