Tavern Tales & Rumours

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Re: Tavern Tales & Rumours

Post by CloudDancing »

*Friar Bobo asks for your patience. He casts a spell of gentle repose over the corpse and sets it carefully in their vault. He bids you return in the morning when their prayers are done and he will let you speak with the dead and assist you in your wishes. However, he mentions the temple has no large diamonds, being a simple temple in Corwell and bids you prepare wisely if you are sure of your dead friends wishes.*
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Post by FoamBats4All »

Cloud_Dancing wrote:*Friar Bobo asks for your patience. He casts a spell of gentle repose over the corpse and sets it carefully in their vault. He bids you return in the morning when their prayers are done and he will let you speak with the dead and assist you in your wishes. However, he mentions the temple has no large diamonds, being a simple temple in Corwell and bids you prepare wisely if you are sure of your dead friends wishes.*
*The elvish woman would thank Fiar Bobo kindly, and head home for the day. She drafts a number of letters to a few known contacts, namely Dawn, Sam, and Tha'is, sending them out to let them know of their friend's death. Come the next morning, she would return to the temple, to hear how Fumir wishes to be laid to rest. And, perhaps, if he wishes to truly be brought back instead -- if possible.*
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by CloudDancing »

Rumors out of Corwell say that the last messenger to the temple of Kemlevor at the ruined village of MacShehan did not return with the usual mail. The next one sent came back in a dead run, saying it is overrun with scads of undead. A posse is forming in Corwell to go investigate as meanwhile the Druids prepare for the Autumnal Equinox*
Lucifer
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Lucifer »

Three brave souls fearing for the well being of their friend Thanatos, a Kemlevorite priest, set out for MacShehan's . The Elven Wilding Dawn, Capatain of "The Fury" Balkr Stormsoul, and The Amnian Merchant Fumir, battle their way through the undead to The Temple. Fighting valiantly they are able to free the clergy. In the aftermath it is found that a force of brave souls from the surrounding area had sought to do the same and perished.
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by CloudDancing »

*still mutterings remain among the people of Koart and Corwell"

"Why won't the dead find rest in MacSheehan, despite the priest's constant efforts!?"
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by CloudDancing »

Let it be known that this day, the dancer known as Thais, has been granted a measure of land near Horstall and Lyrath forest to build an orphanage. She will henceforth be known as Lady Thais and known as a lady of the court, in reward for all her good work for the kingdom.

So Saith,

High Queen Alicia Kendrick
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

Fumir has been named as one of the great heroes, that saved a young woman from the curse of lycanthropy. Though others were involved, it was only by Fumir's incredible force of will, that kept Frandoie from succumbing to the curse. It was said that he stayed by her side, urging her to fight, until the cure was found.
StephenUmpf
Dungeon Master

Post by StephenUmpf »

Any traveler to the Port of Skaug would notice fewer of the dangerous sort on the streets or in the inns. There is a strong undercurrent pulling these men to the Lighthouse on the Isle.

OOC: Stay away from the Lighthouse or bring lots of mean ugly friends. At least until the server resets.

Let me have men about me that are fat;
Sleek-headed men and such as sleep o' nights:
Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look;
He thinks too much: such men are dangerous.
- Julies Caesar, Act II, William Shakespeare
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

A VERY unusual occurrence outside a farm..

The house on a farm outside Corwell, was on fire. It is said that a man named Curn lived there, with a daughter....

For some very strange reason, those who went to investigate the fire were turned to stone.

There was also a dead body near the main road....

The statues were taken to see if they could be restored, as possibly the only witnesses to what happened...
thinkpig
Orc Champion

Post by thinkpig »

A band of seasoned mercenaries docked in Skaug last night and almost immediately the bulk of them-- 20 or so-- made out the gates and into the wilderness. The ship's captain, a broad-shouldered, dark figure, was said to have disappeared immediately into the Umberlant temple and though no one seems to have seen him or her emerge, and the mercenaries did not return from the wilds, the ship set sail again before sunrise.

((investigate this at your peril, the encounter and a reward are spawned. I may or may not be available on IRC if you do go, otherwise send a PM))

((edit: and for the love of jebus, don't go alone))
"So Mom, Dad... about that gold those guys brought me when I was a baby. You remember that GOLD, right?" - Jesus
Lucifer
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Lucifer »

Hearing of the fire and people being turned to stone was alarming enough, but when Fumir heard the name Curn,a past acquaintance, he travelled to the Druid Grove where most of those turned to stone were in various stages of recovery. He spoke to the Druids there Newander being most helpful and interviewed a Hin farmer whom was first on the scene and one of those completely healed. Learning what he could he travelled to the secluded Farm south of Corwell and some good distance before Pontswain. What he found was his friend Dead, the man's little girl missing, and Rumor of a young Lady using fell magics. Monies have been donated for a service and burial of what little remains of Curn.
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

Rumours drift of a red mage in Skaug known as Master Asan, with an enticing offer:

"I require the egg of a blue dragon... if you provide it to me, I will pay 10 000 coins."

"... the egg must be intact, and alive."

.. so far nobody has taken him up on this offer. Probably very wise.
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

Old man in Cantrev Dultann: "I don't think we'll be seeing them mainlanders again. They said they'd be back by nightfall. That was four days back."

Dultann Inn Tavernkeeper: "Yup"

Old man: "Making for Darkhorn they were."

Tavernkeeper: "Yup"

Old man: "That one elf looked like he knew what he doing though."

Tavernkeeper: "Yup".

Old man: "But the others looked too young for anything but shoveling out a stall."

Tavernkeeper: "Yup"

(( Encounter set. - Be carefu - a balanced small party of mid-levels about right))
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

The Red Mage, Master Asan is displeased as yet another group is sent, and has not returned on his 'dragon hunt'. It looks like they were all killed. Again.

"Is it too much trouble to get competent adventurers that will slay a dragon? Hm... well I have a new job. I desire the eggs of a Harpy. A smaller job for lesser people, and I will pay 1000 coins for it."
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

A single house in Corwell has... disappeared.

An entire house gone, as well as the family that resided in it. Who they were however, is not well known. Commoners nervously dismiss rumours feigning everything from it being taken by the fairies, or never being there in the first place, to an over night demolition.

"Are you sure there was ever a house there?"

"Not completely... I mean it isn't there now. Maybe it was just demolished?"

"It was recently sold too... maybe it was a wizard."

Life goes on though.