MOONSHAE GROUP??

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

Arianna
Tech Admin

MOONSHAE GROUP??

Post by Arianna »

So I have been contemplating running a game on the Moonshae's for New toons only, basically everyone starting at about the same level.
Where as in the past I have been trying to let everyone bring whomever into the game, trying to be inclusive within reason and all that jazz. I think this time I want to try to keep people all around the same levels and to limit the numbers to a maximum of 6 , 5 being the actual ideal number. I am hoping for a group that all has the same end goal in mind and not working cross purposes to each other.

There is a need for at least some of the people to be born and raised on the Isles, Would be Ideal if at least one Druid of the Mother [but not a requirement] was there as well as an elf in the group . . . . local or import though local might have more reasons to join.

Keep in mind that people born of the Isles, doesn't matter the race, have a different mindset than their mainland counterparts. This includes Elves, Dwarves, Halflings and Gnomes as well as Humans. It has been less than a century since those non human races have started intertwining their racial gods in with their worship of the Isles Earthmother [NOT Chauntea]. Chauntea held some sway here for about 25 years while the Earthmother was regenerating after the last battle with the Beast. But the Earthmother has returned once again.

Magic from other than Druidic or Bardic sources is looked upon poorly by the Ffolk of the Isles, The Northmen are also fine with Clerical magic. Necromancers are forbidden as is the worship of Talos, & Malar and those who claim Helm as their god are looked down upon. Mages staying very long on the Isles are required to register at the Mages guild in Callidyrr.

The over all premise of this is that Queen Alicia has come to a realization that much of the History of the Isles has been lost because the majority was verbal carried down by the druids. All the original druids were lost years ago due to the Beast, Many of the eldest elves were lost when Ityak-Ortheel was loosed upon Synnoria , summarily destroying the city and many of its people. The Northmen have kept few Histories also of the Oral tradition among their Skalds that were not about war and their conquests. The Dwarves are slow to share.
Due to discoveries by the Heros that recently saved the Isles from its most recent rounds of disaster, Many of the ruins encountered have not been studied since . There has been a dearth of things come to light that needs more investigation.
The Queen has instituted an Office of Histories, currently headed by the Queens Bard, Ashara, to find, study and gather as much history as can be saved and recorded and find artifacts connected to the histories. To put together a comprehensive set of texts so that future rulers can learn from the mistakes of the past and hopefully avoid the things that have plagued the Land previously.

THAT BEING SAID - Game would be run on Monday nights Starting about 6pm pacific time and run for about 2-3 hours. I would want to spend a short bit of time with each toon and more or less a session zero sort of thing . First Game would be 11/9 after daylight savings time changes back here in the states.
It would also require some restraint on the part of the players involved. As I want to keep the levels fairly close together I would frown on individuals logging in to do stuff in 1's and 2s to do alot statics and run mail to get a jump on the xp. IF your level gets higher than the group in general I may have you sit out till it levels out again. IF you ALL want to jump on and do something together that would be fine but someone dying is going to put the group down with the ability to fill the space harder as time goes on

Let me know if there is enough interest in this

Those who have submitted concepts for the game I will post your names and character concepts once a bio has been sent to me . I will pick the 5-6 choices from all those sent

SLOTS
1. Magile - Local Human Druid - approved / AWOL
2. Gribo - Imported Elven Wizard - approved
3. Awesomesocks1999 - Imported Elven Ranger - approved
4. Ana1logKid - Local Hin Fighter - approved
5. Mick - Local Gnome Cleric - approved
6. Perle -Local Human Druid - approved
7. Saaz - Local Human Bard - approved
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
Analogkid
Ogre

Re: MOONSHAE GROUP??

Post by Analogkid »

I'll join and roll up a level 1 if this actually happens. Most likely hin fighter as I discussed in Discord.
"Cast in his unlikely role....ill equipped to act"
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Quite interested... I'll have to check whether Monday night works out.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Analogkid wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:11 pm
I'll join and roll up a level 1 if this actually happens. Most likely hin fighter as I discussed in Discord.
Which toon would you be permanently retiring?
I know you already have 2

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Analogkid
Ogre

Post by Analogkid »

It would be Toby, though I would like to discuss a few things before hes retired.
"Cast in his unlikely role....ill equipped to act"
Magile
Otyugh

Post by Magile »

You know my answer already. 100% Druid
Part of ALFA since May 2000.
NWN 2 PC (BG): Layali Mae (Arcane Trickster)
NWN 2 PC (MS): Marius Lobhdain (Druid)
Curmudgeon in IRC wrote:(2:29:40 PM) Curmudgeon: The community wants 24/7 DM coverage, free xp, and a suit of mithral plate mail in every pchest.
Awesomesocks1999
Goblin Scout

Post by Awesomesocks1999 »

I am definitely interested in playing on ms and ill start a new pc at lvl 1. I should be available Mondays.
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

I might be interested. I have a hin concept I'm dying to play, but might not fit on MS. :chin:
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
Heero
Beholder

Post by Heero »

I am interested in playing a druid for this.
Heero just pawn in game of life.

12.August.2013: Never forget.
15.December.2014: Never forget.

The Glorious 12.August.2015: Always Remember the Glorious 12th.
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Also let me just clarify

LOCAL = someone BORN AND RAISED in the Moonshae Isles

IMPORT = Someone never been there before or recently arrived

If your an import I will be orchestrating the manner of your appearance on the ISLES and the reason your being recruited

IF your a Local I will be orchestrating the manner in which your character is recruited

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Magile
Otyugh

Post by Magile »

Just in case people are following it here, there's still a sixth slot for the group -- Heero's name is tentative and he hasn't submitted a biography yet. We want to start on November 9th, so get in contact with Arianna or submit a bio!
Part of ALFA since May 2000.
NWN 2 PC (BG): Layali Mae (Arcane Trickster)
NWN 2 PC (MS): Marius Lobhdain (Druid)
Curmudgeon in IRC wrote:(2:29:40 PM) Curmudgeon: The community wants 24/7 DM coverage, free xp, and a suit of mithral plate mail in every pchest.
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Two more into the fray

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin