LA Election June 2019 - Self-nominations

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

Veilan
Lead Admin

LA Election June 2019 - Self-nominations

Post by Veilan »

This thread shall serve for self-nominations for the position of Lead Administrator, period Jun - Dec 2019.

LA theoretically does "Oversight of Administration, Veto & Referral Authority, Election Oversight, and Public Relations. Also responsible for resolving disputes over domain classification of any particular issue.".

All members in good standing can self-nominate. The voting constituency is all members.

Self-nominations will last for seven days. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Cheers,
The power of concealment lies in revelation.
Analogkid
Ogre

Re: LA Election June 2019 - Self-nominations

Post by Analogkid »

"Knock knock"
"Cast in his unlikely role....ill equipped to act"
Veilan
Lead Admin

Post by Veilan »

I am the one who knocks. I mean, please only post in this thread if you are self-nominating.

Coincidentally, I hereby self-nominate. With nobody having stepped up in two self-nomination periods, I suppose I can still fill the position. I will of course actually discharge its duties where required, but I will not pretend that I have a grand agenda.

However, this time I actually have one item on my agenda. As demonstrated, ALFA's charter allows a seated Admin to stay in their job if unchallenged at the election period. Rather than going through the full election motions of having the same five people volunteer every six months, I suggest that, in the future, these people do not challenge for their own position if they are the only people interested - but that I leave self-nominations open until such a time that somebody else steps forward who actually wants the job.

When this happens, I will then declare a seven-day self-nomination closing window to give the incumbent or other interested people an opportunity to challenge for the position, after which normal elections occur.

Additionally, I will start a closing seven-day self-nomination window and normal election proceedings if requested to do so, to still allow votes of no-confidence.

I hope I managed to formulate that clearly. I am not going to change the charter or ALFA's rules in the slightest, simply suggesting that we have less elections by incumbents not immediately stepping up for their position, even if they are interested in keeping it.

Of course, rather than applying this suggestion immediately myself, I very much prefer to give voters a change to boot me in case they disagree - hence my self-nomination here for a "normal" election cycle.

Cheers,
Heero
Beholder

Post by Heero »

I was hoping to self nominate for this but I forgot. Is it too late?
Heero just pawn in game of life.

12.August.2013: Never forget.
15.December.2014: Never forget.

The Glorious 12.August.2015: Always Remember the Glorious 12th.
Veilan
Lead Admin

Post by Veilan »

Not if you're serious.