Question About Cleric Spells

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

Tamlin
Shambling Zombie

Question About Cleric Spells

Post by Tamlin »

Hey! So I just made a new cleric and I want to make sure I'm playing him correctly. I took the Good and Plant domains (worshipping Chauntea) and I was doing some googling about the class. According to the nwn2 wiki, domain spell slots are given at each level but taking a domain spell is not a necessity (due to originally there weren't domain spells at every level). In alfa are we expected to take a domain spell as one of our spell slots with the idea that one of those spell slots according to pnp rules should be used only for domain spells?
Ex. For my first level spells I currently have two lesser vigors and a cure light wounds spell prepared. Should I be preparing either Protection from Evil or Entangle (the domain spells) as one of those spell slots instead?
Thanks, any comment would be highly appreciated.
"My friends, watch out for the little fellow with an idea."
-Tommy Douglas, probably about gnomes
Stormbringer
Owlbear

Re: Question About Cleric Spells

Post by Stormbringer »

Tamlin wrote:. According to the nwn2 wiki, domain spell slots are given at each level but taking a domain spell is not a necessity (due to originally there weren't domain spells at every level). In alfa are we expected to take a domain spell as one of our spell slots with the idea that one of those spell slots according to pnp rules should be used only for domain spells?
Thanks, any comment would be highly appreciated.
Did you mean NWN 1 Wiki? NWN2 is a lot different than NWN1 on a lot of things.

I would if there is a domain spell available.
Current PC:
Former PC's
Saman Barb/Sorcerer
Kal Rogue/Ranger of Selune
Aiden Ketter Priest of Kelemvor
Kree (ubber not smart Barb)
Past PC: Jena Steel | Hamar Marrion (Marcus)and many other dead PC's
Tamlin
Shambling Zombie

Re: Question About Cleric Spells

Post by Tamlin »

No this is the nwn2 alfa server that I'm on so I used the nwn2 wiki. And yeah I've ended up memorizing one of my domain spells and then just having the spontaneous conversion so I can change it to cure light wounds if need be. Thanks for the response!
"My friends, watch out for the little fellow with an idea."
-Tommy Douglas, probably about gnomes