LA Election June 2018 - Self-nominations

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

Veilan
Lead Admin

LA Election June 2018 - Self-nominations

Post by Veilan »

This thread shall serve for self-nominations for the position of Lead Admin, June - December 2018.

The LA is responsible for "Oversight of Administration, Veto & Referral Authority, Election Oversight, and Public Relations. Also responsible for resolving disputes over domain classification of any particular issue".

Any ALFAn in good standing may self-nominate. The voting constituency are all members.

Self-nominations last for seven days. If during that time the current LA self-nominates, oversight of the election will be up to the PA. Until such a thing might occur you are welcome to direct your questions my way.

Cheers,
The power of concealment lies in revelation.
Veilan
Lead Admin

Re: LA Election June 2018 - Self-nominations

Post by Veilan »

I am happy to offer another turn in the barrel, however, despite my still somewhat regular playing, my time and energy for ALFA are severely limited by my RL. I cannot be der Führer and try to drive change towards a different platform, if anybody desires LA to do such a thing, but if you need a relatively reasonable (I hope) mediator and steward to keep the seat filled I would try to.

Also, I want AK to do some actual work around here so he has to bother with this election now. 8)
Analogkid
Ogre

Post by Analogkid »

Understood...I'm in charge!
"Cast in his unlikely role....ill equipped to act"
Rick7475
Haste Bear

Post by Rick7475 »

disregard, not running
Last edited by Rick7475 on Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Rick7475 wrote:I self nominate.

My platform:

1: NWN1 EE fully part of ALFA

2: NWN1 EE DM's full access to all ALFA DM resources and related DM boards.

3: DM's can DM on NWN1 or NWN2.

4: Absentee in game DM's > 3 months will be removed from DM'ing, can re-apply if they want back.

5: Absentee in game HDM's > 3 months lose their HDMship, can re-apply for DM if they return

6: PC's can play on all platforms, NWN1 EE and NWN2 and potentially Legends of Aria. So Bob the level 1 fighter can go anywhere and play, gain XP, level, etc.

7: A member's contributions to ALFA will be counted when applying for DM/HDM, such as building modules, PR work, retention activities, and other helpful commitments.

8: Death will be changed to match closer 5e, with PC's automatically going to 0 (unconscious), and 3 death checks.

9: Create a new PR committee to start pushing ALFA with NWN1 EE community and then NWN2 EE or Legends of Aria.

10: New players can be admitted on the recommendation of an existing member in good standing.

Free ale for all who vote for me.

for the record -----"The Lead Administrator is in charge of the oversight of administration, veto and referral authority, election oversight, and public relations. They are also responsible for resolving disputes over domain classification of any particular issue."

LEAD ADMIN has NO authority to say who can or cannot DM where or what they can have access to

while one can cross platform between NWN1 and NWN1 EE it would be a nightmare for all those involved to to cross platform between NWN1 and NWN2 . . for various reasons 1 being that they are on totally different timelines , 2 being 3.0 and 3.5 are way different in skills / feats etc. and IF we ever get to the Shards platform that would be another TOTALLY different timeline, and system with 5.0 Mixing and matching rulesets seems like a homebrew rather than RAW. NWN2 EE is still quite a ways off from all I have read.
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
Analogkid
Ogre

Post by Analogkid »

Analogkid
Ogre

Post by Analogkid »

Congrats to Veilan, hes in control for another term.
Heero
Beholder

Post by Heero »

I voted nay.
Heero just pawn in game of life.

12.August.2013: Never forget.
15.December.2014: Never forget.

The Glorious 12.August.2015: Always Remember the Glorious 12th.
Veilan
Lead Admin

Post by Veilan »

Thank you for the support, and especially to Heero for checking my hubris and making me keep it real.