Changing death

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

Rick7475
Haste Bear

Re: Changing death

Post by Rick7475 »

Galadorn wrote: Where’s my GAD DAMN rideable horse??!
Heh good luck with that. I saw the scripts for horse riding, and they look pretty messy. I have a bunch of cute doggy pets on Daggerford I still want to get working on WD, so I may look at them and also the horse scripts. Though I may just rewrite the horse scripts from scratch.

Once I am done adding Keep on the Borderlands to Daggerford. But then there is EE ...

oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

ImStrokerAce wrote:I might be biased here, but I think Veilan roll a PC and start playing some NWN1 with us. :-)
Well said.

I'm not into judging the RP of others. Never my intent. I was trying to suggest that the game design could be tweaked to better promote IC immersive RP over OOC player considerations as to survivability. As Rick pointed out, some form of divine caster seems to be a favorite class choice in ALFA. I think there are real reasons for this, and survivability at early levels is one of them.

I really and truly did not want to get into a pissing match or point counter point flame war. If you look at your original post aimed at me Veilan, you state quite clearly that I lack "intellectual honestly." To me that is a liar by another name. I felt attacked. I hit back. I have no desire to carry it further. I am here to play and have fun not argue with people on the boards.

Let me close by saying Heero is a god. He needs to roll up a PC and come play on NWN1 too.
Veilan
Lead Admin

Post by Veilan »

ImStrokerAce wrote:I might be biased here, but I think Veilan roll a PC and start playing some NWN1 with us. :-)
Yeah, maybe once I moved. For now I'll do you one better though and have summoned an Electryc :D.
The power of concealment lies in revelation.
ImStrokerAce
Orc Champion

Post by ImStrokerAce »

The only thing better than that is you both joining in the fun!
Current PC:
Mephis the Awkward Mage
Veilan
Lead Admin

Post by Veilan »

oldgrayrogue wrote:I really and truly did not want to get into a pissing match or point counter point flame war. If you look at your original post aimed at me Veilan, you state quite clearly that I lack "intellectual honestly." To me that is a liar by another name. I felt attacked. I hit back. I have no desire to carry it further. I am here to play and have fun not argue with people on the boards.
Sorry if I took it the wrong way. I guess I got frustrated with the politics, which are complicated, strenuous and exhausting - I had many a battle for or against "more PnP" - and was thus triggered by the claim we only do things in one direction, to basically screw over players. I consider myself a player foremost, but also am at the moment a part of ALFA governance, and thus felt very much unjustly characterised in our efforts to make a bettter game world - albeit in fits and starts, granted, with often clashing visions.

Anyway, let us carry on, I look forward to some game tomorrow morning on TSM and will try my best to give the new NWN 1 a shot once I moved (and maybe the EE came around).
Rick7475
Haste Bear

Post by Rick7475 »

Beamdog will be dropping new graphic items over a couple of years, so while EE will launch, the new graphics will be added bit by bit. Friday is also NWN1's big game night, but if you check the boards, it looks like a lot of adhoc groups having a ton of fun over the week. I have also updated Daggerford so that you can Caravan all over the server relatively quickly, so it is less lethal.
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Rick7475 wrote:
Galadorn wrote: Where’s my GAD DAMN rideable horse??!
Heh good luck with that. I saw the scripts for horse riding, and they look pretty messy. I have a bunch of cute doggy pets on Daggerford I still want to get working on WD, so I may look at them and also the horse scripts. Though I may just rewrite the horse scripts from scratch.

Once I am done adding Keep on the Borderlands to Daggerford. But then there is EE ...
Yea the horse thing was a complete joke, never meant it. It's a dead horse that likes to appear to lighten the mood during other potential dead horse threads that crop up.... like "Changing death" for instance... ;)

Oh yea, can we have Permadeath on ALFA please - k - thanks - bai
Rick7475
Haste Bear

Post by Rick7475 »

So to make a change to the dying script in alfa_include (NWN1) means updating the haks. I might revisit testing changes when we are updating the haks again.
Veilan
Lead Admin

Post by Veilan »

Veilan wrote:
Yeah, maybe once I moved. For now I'll do you one better though and have summoned an Electryc :D.
I have now done two better and roped in a Creslyn, though he has not dared post yet :).
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

Veilan wrote:
Veilan wrote:
I have now done two better and roped in a Creslyn, though he has not dared post yet :).
Now we are talkin'!
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

solid, Creslyn, heh
ayergo
Penguin AKA Vile Sea Tiger

Post by ayergo »

*throws a peanut at Creslyn*
There's a place I like to hide
A doorway that I run through in the night
Relax child, you were there
But only didn't realize and you were scared
It's a place where you will learn
To face your fears, retrace the years
And ride the whims of your mind
Creslyn
Orc Champion

Post by Creslyn »

Guess I do remember the old account details after all.
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Creslyn wrote:Guess I do remember the old account details after all.
snap

welcome back ol'feller