Rogues Useless?

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

Mikayla
Valsharess of ALFA
Location: Qu'ellar Faen Tlabbar, Noble Room 7, Menzoberranzan, NorthUnderdark

Re: Rogues Useless?

Post by Mikayla »

My 2 cents on this, having played (primarily) a rogue for the last 4 years or so in ALFA2: In static content, I am mostly a scout - once your stealth is 20 or higher, you can be a reasonable scout. This allows the party to maximize its buffs, etc. In DM content, skills are GREAT!!! It depends on the DM of course, and the nature of the adventure/campaign, but DM'd content frequently requires mad skill rolls, and rogues are the skill monkey of all skill monkeys. So, don't give on your rogue. I did not, and I have loved playing my rogue for the last few years.

One note: I do very little static content. As a consequence, I tend to level slower than other folks because (1) I don't do a lot of static content and (2) because of my schedule, my DM contact is limited.
ALFA1-NWN1: Sheyreiza Valakahsa
NWN2: Layla (aka Aliyah, Amira, Snake and others) and Vellya
NWN1-WD: Shein'n Valakasha
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

My consistent character since 2012 has been largely roguish. A multi class rogue. This is because a rogue is very versatile. Squishy, I suppose, but Dex based AC will seem so compared to a plated tank.

We generally.encourage good rp over powered gaming, and skills help that so much. It is hard to rp lunk the tank for very long. Just remember, solo is bad, party is good. It increases survival and xp.
The real Gonz.0
"Where morality is present, laws are unnecessary. Without morality, laws are unenforceable." -Anonymous

Horatio
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l157/ ... atio-1.jpg
Relic
Shambling Zombie

Post by Relic »

My favorite characters, both in PnP and in ALFA have been rogues. Role playing wise, they can really be anything you want, spy, assasin, scout, noble rake, etc. Sure, they're not super huge tank types, but I'd rather go the AV club route than the all state quarterback myself... I've lost a lot of rogues here, but I keep coming back, because they are just too fun to role play.