City Watch of Waterdeep seeks adventurers to curb rat population!

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

ayergo
Penguin AKA Vile Sea Tiger

Re: City Watch of Waterdeep seeks adventurers to curb rat population!

Post by ayergo »

Galadorn wrote:Anyone know the password for this server? .........that's the error i'm gettin'..........
Its in the server forum my BKK Bud-aay!
There's a place I like to hide
A doorway that I run through in the night
Relax child, you were there
But only didn't realize and you were scared
It's a place where you will learn
To face your fears, retrace the years
And ride the whims of your mind
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

ha!
Never even knew there was a NWN1-Waterdeep server forum on this website. You rebel!

Yes, I got it all working! And made my PC last night and wandered around the glorious Waterdeep for a half hour or so. MAN I never knew the NPCs of Waterdeep were so CHEEKY. Might need to bitch slap a few them back to last week if they keep that up.

Most uncharacteristically (pardon the pun), my character is one of those slightly "squishy" (? i think that is the term, since normally my PCs are tanks), but going a different way this time and really looking forward to it. So I need others to take the hits, and die if need be, to make sure he becomes the king of swing.

Playing in the NWN1 engine is so fun. It's just so gritty and shitty, brings back a lot of memories :). Really hoping many others resurrect the NWN1. It was so extremely easy from scratch: $10.00 on http://www.GoG.com, download, install, get multiplayer key set-up (easy instructions from GoG.com representative quick responses), get haks, create TLK folder, get .tlk file, put em all in, tick tock tick tock and you're in.

"WIZARD FOR HIRE!"

:doh:
ayergo

Post by ayergo »

Galadorn wrote:ha!

MAN I never knew the NPCs of Waterdeep were so CHEEKY. Might need to bitch slap a few them back to last week if they keep that up.
Haha, yeah that was a fun bit of interaction and role play. Wizard is a good choice, the party is a bit shy in the INT department.
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

I felt rushed making my dude. Since he only has 1xp currently, I might remake him tonite (almost exactly the same, maybe some different ability/skill picks but same feats). And a much better description since i was rushed. And maybe a new name. :)
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

Bah. I missed the part about a multiplayer key. Guess I'm out until mine shows up, unless no one else is on. I suppose the fact that my key is already in use means that someone else must have also not gotten their key yet...
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Yea, the key was not found in my account page anywhere, I looked everywhere Arriana suggested to Fionn, wasn't there, but, a representative from GoG did send me instructions like these:

"Hello,
Please extract the attachment and replace the nwncdkey.ini file in your Neverwinter Nights Diamond game folder (C:\GOG Games\Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition\ by default).

Next, please go to your My Account page and find the "premium modules re-installer", under the Neverwinter Nights additional content. Download this file and install it. The modules will now be adapted to the new CD keys."

...which after I found them, helped me get going. And the files were attached to the message. Game on!
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

goin' in..... gonna walk the entire city of waterdeep....anyone else in? c'moooooooooooooooon

EDIT: shit. server not up. :(
ayergo

Post by ayergo »

My bad. Server was still updating. Its back up now and better than ever with more processor, RAM, and storage.

If it crashes when you log in you have a corrupt character! Send me a message and I'll fix it.
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Have you made a Vault for the toons to be stored in server side?
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
ayergo

Post by ayergo »

Arianna wrote:Have you made a Vault for the toons to be stored in server side?
Yup! A few got corrupted when the hard drive filled up but it is all good now. You should stop by!
ayergo

Post by ayergo »

Server stability seems much improved with the upgrades and bug fixes. Big thanks to all for your help in getting us this far! If it continues to run well through the weekend I'll plan on getting the database hooked up for it.

We need a lot more testing this weekend though! I'll be on for most all of it (should be mostly Friday/Saturday US time). Please stop on by!

I might be in other windows so my penguine avatar will be waiting outside the safehaven inn. Just use an emote to make some noise and I'll know to check.
Analogkid
Ogre

Post by Analogkid »

I'll go ahead and get set up with it soon, already purchased it on GOG.
"Cast in his unlikely role....ill equipped to act"
ayergo

Post by ayergo »

Tidied up the bug thread and added in comments for those that were fixed/not a problem. This also lets me keep track of the fixes and versioning a bit more. I'll probably do another major rev that fixes up spawns in the sewers to be more sensible and add in as many dungeons as I can. I need to get my unified treasure spawns sorted out though first.

Speaking of which, we have a bug bounty now! Post those bugs with lots of details in the WD thread and claim your XP and/or GP! Bigger the bug, bigger the reward! Better the description, the bigger the reward! Claim yours today!
Fionn
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by Fionn »

Bug report:
Chambray edison bulb iceland butcher est. Photo booth retro lomo, brunch selfies knausgaard shaman. Chia VHS anim, mumblecore succulents dreamcatcher ex. Craft beer keytar letterpress slow-carb austin. Eu poutine butcher chicharrones normcore. Poke freegan vexillologist narwhal art party. Banh mi ut lyft, vice ethical aliquip veniam et gochujang readymade man braid humblebrag tote bag.

Shabby chic delectus wolf, in art party shoreditch yuccie whatever excepteur unicorn. Pork belly irony yuccie skateboard ullamco tbh dreamcatcher, lo-fi nihil non fugiat four dollar toast hell of. Asymmetrical man bun prism poutine flannel. Hashtag sunt succulents bushwick portland. Fugiat la croix kale chips, locavore officia farm-to-table forage echo park cold-pressed laboris stumptown poke fingerstache selvage hoodie. Twee blue bottle adipisicing bespoke veniam. Intelligentsia narwhal biodiesel pug dolor duis.

Cold-pressed exercitation readymade jean shorts iceland flexitarian tousled placeat, man bun pickled brunch mumblecore poke tilde. Kickstarter thundercats hashtag hexagon fixie. Everyday carry pug incididunt, kale chips squid vinyl viral food truck palo santo fam coloring book echo park ut. Try-hard hell of mollit, chicharrones literally synth tattooed VHS kitsch crucifix enamel pin. Green juice pork belly literally, blue bottle tbh retro swag placeat roof party id portland cred occupy activated charcoal art party. Readymade stumptown non farm-to-table, officia tacos aliqua forage you probably haven't heard of them. Copper mug pug aliquip, ramps roof party lyft letterpress mollit plaid offal tousled portland biodiesel thundercats duis.

Hot chicken chambray raw denim mollit. Hexagon synth portland, mumblecore tattooed cardigan organic adaptogen swag lyft wolf 8-bit. Shaman jianbing polaroid microdosing. Actually voluptate shaman activated charcoal 90's tempor, aliquip prism. Trust fund drinking vinegar literally mlkshk, eiusmod dreamcatcher laboris bicycle rights flexitarian sint meh flannel magna. Meh four dollar toast marfa, skateboard hashtag ut cardigan DIY pabst narwhal helvetica wolf placeat in austin. Truffaut quinoa small batch delectus single-origin coffee exercitation.
PC: Bot (WD)

Code: Select all

-----          -----          -----          -----
    /     \        /     \        /     \        /     \
   /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /
   |       |      |       |      |       |      |       |      |
  *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *|
_)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_(
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Fionn wrote:Bug report:
Chambray edison bulb iceland butcher est. Photo booth retro lomo, brunch selfies knausgaard shaman. Chia VHS anim, mumblecore succulents dreamcatcher ex. Craft beer keytar letterpress slow-carb austin. Eu poutine butcher chicharrones normcore. Poke freegan vexillologist narwhal art party. Banh mi ut lyft, vice ethical aliquip veniam et gochujang readymade man braid humblebrag tote bag.

Shabby chic delectus wolf, in art party shoreditch yuccie whatever excepteur unicorn. Pork belly irony yuccie skateboard ullamco tbh dreamcatcher, lo-fi nihil non fugiat four dollar toast hell of. Asymmetrical man bun prism poutine flannel. Hashtag sunt succulents bushwick portland. Fugiat la croix kale chips, locavore officia farm-to-table forage echo park cold-pressed laboris stumptown poke fingerstache selvage hoodie. Twee blue bottle adipisicing bespoke veniam. Intelligentsia narwhal biodiesel pug dolor duis.

Cold-pressed exercitation readymade jean shorts iceland flexitarian tousled placeat, man bun pickled brunch mumblecore poke tilde. Kickstarter thundercats hashtag hexagon fixie. Everyday carry pug incididunt, kale chips squid vinyl viral food truck palo santo fam coloring book echo park ut. Try-hard hell of mollit, chicharrones literally synth tattooed VHS kitsch crucifix enamel pin. Green juice pork belly literally, blue bottle tbh retro swag placeat roof party id portland cred occupy activated charcoal art party. Readymade stumptown non farm-to-table, officia tacos aliqua forage you probably haven't heard of them. Copper mug pug aliquip, ramps roof party lyft letterpress mollit plaid offal tousled portland biodiesel thundercats duis.

Hot chicken chambray raw denim mollit. Hexagon synth portland, mumblecore tattooed cardigan organic adaptogen swag lyft wolf 8-bit. Shaman jianbing polaroid microdosing. Actually voluptate shaman activated charcoal 90's tempor, aliquip prism. Trust fund drinking vinegar literally mlkshk, eiusmod dreamcatcher laboris bicycle rights flexitarian sint meh flannel magna. Meh four dollar toast marfa, skateboard hashtag ut cardigan DIY pabst narwhal helvetica wolf placeat in austin. Truffaut quinoa small batch delectus single-origin coffee exercitation.

w t f