AKs DMA platform

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

Galadorn
Haste Bear

Re: AKs DMA platform

Post by Galadorn »

Yea, the TSM DM'ing and no DM'ing is just comical. I just don't get it. Those in power to decide that--- are you...holding onto some kind of pride over this fictional (and entirely empty) wasteland of cyber-real-estate for some reason no one else can possibly understand? I mean, i'd say "people want to know", but, i might be the only one left who's even remotely (and minimally to infinitesimally) interested in any response I won't get about it... or maybe it's a free period here at work and i'm just bored, so asked anyway. Not to mention both Rick7475 and AnalogKid would totally do a fantastic job, keep ALFA going even for a little while longer, bring players to TSM, and would never abuse it, taint it, damage it, or do anything else to it but IMPROVE it. Anyway.... meh, boring.
Rick7475
Haste Bear

Post by Rick7475 »

Yep, I was hanging with my old DM crew from DF tonight, and we were shaking our heads about the state of affairs of TSM and not letting anyone DM. You know Galadorn I did play on the Baldur's Gate server, not the ALFA one, and I had a great time. RPing was pretty good and there were lots of quests and some DM'img. Still not the same as here, but you had 50 people at any given time on the server. I met lots of people.
Analogkid
Ogre

Post by Analogkid »

Honestly it doesnt make sense. I may not have been the most rules knowledable DM previously but at least I tried....especially when I was ASKED to DM. I have been DMing table top sessions for a bit now and I think ive made things fun for the players and I wish I could do the same for those that remain here on ALFA. If theres still interest I wouldnt mind pushing for it though given TSM is closed to me it would have to be on BG.
"Cast in his unlikely role....ill equipped to act"
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

dude, we got ya (at least those of us with common sense and open minds got ya), of course it would be fine for anyone willing to DM anywhere to just go ahead and do it... especially someone like you, who's been here so long and done so much already. I'm impressed you even give a shit anymore to give your time anymore after the BS you've been through regarding this whole PW... kudos to you for sticking it out. ....why we have anyone even able to say "No." still around is downright DUMb...especially right now.

...And it better not be a "rules knowledge" thing - because HA!, there are DMs on ALFA (ALL servers), who have proven more than once that they are not even that good at all recalling the "rules", and I thought the core of D&D was: "Rules are but a guideline." anyway?

:P

heh
Analogkid
Ogre

Post by Analogkid »

yeah ...well i'll DM as soon as I can. My DMing for my table top group has made me feel way more comfortable and eager to to so
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Galadorn wrote: ...And it better not be a "rules knowledge" thing - because HA!, there are DMs on ALFA (ALL servers), who have proven more than once that they are not even that good at all recalling the "rules", and I thought the core of D&D was: "Rules are but a guideline." anyway?

:P

heh
Core D&D Does say " rules are but Guidelines" However, ALFA has set What those guidelines may be. How much Wealth and magic you can have per level being the primary sticking points, as well as how much xp you can gain per hour. One of the reasons certain "DMs" are no longer DMing is because they have stepped outside of ALFA's ruling on the guidelines.
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Aha! Sounds good there.

Now who were they! (i could guess probly)

But any DMs who gave ME too much XP or treasure were alright.
Rick7475
Haste Bear

Post by Rick7475 »

"Core D&D Does say " rules are but Guidelines" However, ALFA has set What those guidelines may be. How much Wealth and magic you can have per level being the primary sticking points, as well as how much xp you can gain per hour. One of the reasons certain "DMs" are no longer DMing is because they have stepped outside of ALFA's ruling on the guidelines."

I don't think that was the issue for the last 3 or 4 people who asked to DM on TSM and were rejected. I still pop in here on the remote chance that I can get TSM back again.
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Awesome Rick, and I look forward to that day. It will be tragic to think after that day, how much fun we didn't get to have because of dumb decisions made previously... but... no need to dwell on the negative! :)
ImStrokerAce
Orc Champion

Post by ImStrokerAce »

Lord knows you can't get any fewer people on TSM. If you get a copy of the server you can run your own version which might entice some lurkers out of hiding. Just use the forums as a springboard for population or something of the like.
Current PC:
Mephis the Awkward Mage
Analogkid
Ogre

Post by Analogkid »

theres always roll20 btw