Platinum armor & sheild

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

Heero
Beholder

Re: Platinum armor & sheild

Post by Heero »

Cursed so that...

...the wearer...

...must...

...converse...

...like this...

;) :mrgreen:
Heero just pawn in game of life.

12.August.2013: Never forget.
15.December.2014: Never forget.

The Glorious 12.August.2015: Always Remember the Glorious 12th.
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

My goodness!

Thanks again for input...lots to think about...

Well perhaps a "Goodbye (to my attempt at something different for RP purposes) and thanks for all the fish!" ?? Is in order?

So lemme see at last count we are at: 150lb. Armor that will take 1000 days (no no WAY longer), to make? That will cost over 3300 gold unenchanted ya?
*sigh*

I just might do it out of spite now! :)

I was just curious as to the specifics, and did not expect such brutally huge barriers to its possibility. Times 3 weight seems unrealistic as I was sure Gold was heavier than platinum, and current gold armor in game does not seem to have any weight increase (not entirely positive on that).

Gathering the weight in platinum IS possible (if an approving active DM actually hummored me on this) But looking at TRADE BARS for sale on BG, they are also unrealistic (I think).
It costs 500gp in game right now to purchase 1 Platinum Trade Bar.
This trade bar (in game) weighs 1lb. Hmmmmm

If said armor (Full Plate (iron) weighs 50lbs.) was NOT forced to weigh triple normal weight (I.e. 150lbs.), so let's say the armor will weigh 50lbs... That's 50 trade bars? So 25,000gp to buy the raw platinum.

So how would this convert into "raw materials at 1/3rd" cost when custom crafting? It might overrule it completely I assume...unless a DM just allowed it?

Other wise at 150lbs. If DMs forced the "triple-weight" equivalent situation, the raw platinum (if bought from that crook outside east gate), it would cost 75,000gp. Before even starting. I hope no rolls are 5 under the DC! :)

....my level 2 character might need a few more mail runs it appears...

Hm.

How much would it cost to cover my current suit of +1 Full Plate in "Platinum Leaf"? :) :) :)
...hey Rumple! ALL THE OSTENTATIOUSNESS without the back-end cost! WIN WIN!

:)
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Heero wrote:Cursed so that...
...the wearer...
...must...
...converse...
...like this...
;) :mrgreen:

That would be

A blessing

To talk

Like this.
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

Just go platinum cod piece. Much less gaudy, but just as worshipful. Obviously you couldn't wear anything else, so everyone could see how large your devotion is.
12.August.2015: Never forget.
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

That is a plan.
But my codpiece would still need 150lbs. Of platinum to fit so no progress once again...

By the way, still loads of input from lurkers...and no lurkers login'in...do you all really just enjoy the Forums "regularly" for ALFA, and not the game? The Forums and chat are pure poison - a tool to add to the "game".
Why not play??
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

Should be a distinction between the rules as we use them (where platinum full plate is 55lbs) and the real world (where platinum weighs about triple what steel does-- the fact that it's ridiculously heavy and doesn't tarnish is what makes it a precious metal).

Craft times are totally ridiculous, though. Way better off finding armor that already exists and having it fitted.
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

:(

Yes, it appears me hopes be dashed. But thank you so much for the help. I'll be findin' and modifyin' probly. Perhaps Platinum plating my current suit, resistances be damned!

Cheers
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

Platinum exterior paint. 15 year warranty.
12.August.2015: Never forget.
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Rumple C wrote:Platinum exterior paint. 15 year warranty.
me likka!