Level 0 PCs

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

Galadorn
Haste Bear

Level 0 PCs

Post by Galadorn »

So, if and when I ever want a new PC, i'd like to make him level 0 to start.

Considering a little "soap opera" timing, I hope to RP him "younger" at the start. Just coming of age, and when he "Reaches" level 1, he'll effectively be a "level 1".

To do this, I would like to do this:

Also considering there's no coded level 0 stats wise, would any kind DM/HDM possibly please make me a magic ring that grants a -1 to all abilities, and if not too much hassle, a -1 to all skills if that's not too much of a request?

Even easier: a Ring of -2 to all abilities would do the same thing above but quicker...

And when my level 0 PC gains 500xp. The next DM I see on can take away 500xp, and that "OOC Ring of Level 0" item please? :) Making him a level 1.

cheers,

~Matt
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Re: Level 0 PCs

Post by danielmn »

Last I remember we have in effect a policy of PC's not being below a certain age. Might want to check on it before you instill too young an age. Just a side note.
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Yes, for sure, I would also get approval on that, but for this PC, I meant 17 years old. Which in this 'genre' is actually a very young age at all especially wrt the martial classes.

And when he hits 500xp, he'd have turned 18 years old IC. But even if the powers think this is too young (17 at level 0), then it's just not that important, i'll just start him well above 'adult' age, i.e. age 22 or 24 at level 0 start. Not a biggy.

Thanks dan
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Might be wrong but I thought that PCs were all suppose to be 18 + years of age at start so as not to conflict as a "minor" anywhere, more on a legal outlook then anything else . . . even if in ancient times you were considered an "adult" somewhere between 10 and 16 depending on area and time period.
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

18 it is, thank you Arri.
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

Arianna wrote:Might be wrong but I thought that PCs were all suppose to be 18 + years of age at start so as not to conflict as a "minor" anywhere, more on a legal outlook then anything else . . . even if in ancient times you were considered an "adult" somewhere between 10 and 16 depending on area and time period.
This is officially the policy, yes; we don't aggressively check this, but it's the rule that would hypothetically slap someone who tries to roll a kid and have them do not-for-kids things. Its implementation was more grandstanding and posturing, though, and I don't believe it's ever actually been invoked.