Come on in people!

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

maxcell
Githyanki

Re: Come on in people!

Post by maxcell »

ImStrokerAce wrote:Yay for evil cults!

ditto
Heero
Beholder

Post by Heero »

Zelknolf wrote:I hope you didn't actually send that email. Duncan is banned, and an invitation is likely to ring as mockery. Banned for good reason, yes, but needless cruelty is just cruelty.
Oh crap I've just seen this. I've sent out an "On behalf of ALFA, we are really sorry for what we've done..." Email to make amends for my original. I hope they accept our apology.
Heero just pawn in game of life.

12.August.2013: Never forget.
15.December.2014: Never forget.

The Glorious 12.August.2015: Always Remember the Glorious 12th.
Analogkid
Ogre

Post by Analogkid »

Heero wrote:
Zelknolf wrote:I hope you didn't actually send that email. Duncan is banned, and an invitation is likely to ring as mockery. Banned for good reason, yes, but needless cruelty is just cruelty.
Oh crap I've just seen this. I've sent out an "On behalf of ALFA, we are really sorry for what we've done..." Email to make amends for my original. I hope they accept our apology.

The guy deserves no apology, unless we should apologize to anyone who pulls such crap if we hurt their feelings afterwards. Though is is it still supposed to some secret what he was doing for years? Seriously, I am curious.
"Cast in his unlikely role....ill equipped to act"
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

and he's a psychotic weirdo. :)
Veilan
Lead Admin

Post by Veilan »

I appreciate that this community has been hurt by Duncan's actions and that emotions may run high accordingly. However, I think we would set a better example by retaining our civility and treating each other respectfully. Even if somebody is no longer a member in good standing, we are probably better off foregoing ad-hominems and other inflammatory remarks, should we feel compelled to discuss their past conduct.

Thanks everyone, and perhaps there's a chance here to get to the OP's suggestion.
The power of concealment lies in revelation.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Veilan wrote:I appreciate that this community has been hurt by Duncan's actions and that emotions may run high accordingly. However, I think we would set a better example by retaining our civility and treating each other respectfully. Even if somebody is no longer a member in good standing, we are probably better off foregoing ad-hominems and other inflammatory remarks, should we feel compelled to discuss their past conduct.

Thanks everyone, and perhaps there's a chance here to get to the OP's suggestion.

+1
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Adanu
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Adanu »

I'm neutral towards most people, but respect must be earned in my book, and Duncan has done nothing to earn mine.

The second he gets unbanned is the day I give up on ALFA for good.
First Character: Zyrus Meynolt, the serene Water Genasi berserker. "I am the embodiment of the oceans; serene until you summon the storm." Zyrus: http://tinyurl.com/9emdbnd

Second Character: Damien Collins, the atypical druid. "What? Being a stick in the mud is boring. No pun intended grins"

Western Heartlands HDM: On break. PM for emergencies
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Been seeing a small influx of new players and a few vets coming back, and a small few re-interested and who posted they might come back and/or are redownloading game/haks etc to start up again! This is good. Anyone thinking they know anyone else to re-invite, invite, or introduce to ALFA?
Every single new person especially at our smaller than ever population of regulars means a huge increase in potential players online all times and at least someone available for a trek to and fro...

Cheers ALFA
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

....few new people...everyone PM (email) 2 old ALFAns right now!

I got smoothie (WeChat) and Virvaldin (PM)!

Who you got??
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

bummed
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

Abandon hope, all ye who (re-)enter.
12.August.2015: Never forget.
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

:(

I check morning, noon, and night...everyday...
No one.
Is ALFA dead?? :(

Zelknolf what are the login numbers like past few weeks/months?

*sigh*
:(
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

I was playing less during the NBA playoffs. Now that they are over I have been logging in pretty regularly, or I check to see who is logged on, and yes, generally zero.
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

Galadorn wrote:Zelknolf what are the login numbers like past few weeks/months?
We're down to about 20 players, and less play from the people who are still logging in. Summer is usually a hard time for ALFA, granted, but this is indeed the worst one we've had.

I'll have left Persephone inactive for long enough to be able to roll a newbie without retiring her next week; I might be rolling a character to prod ALFA's content at an appropriate level around then. Quite a bit got added well after I'd outleveled it.
gribo
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gribo »

I will get my computer back this Thursday, and now, since I am on EST timezone, so yes, I will log on more.
Nuclear winter is coming