Causk for PA

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

causk
Brown Bear

Causk for PA

Post by causk »

Ive been around for a few years with varying intensity. Currently playing once or twice a week. I labor under the delusion that im reasonable and fair minded. I havent been part in any Alfa drama or disagreements and must admit i dont know most members playing in US evenings well. The lack of timezone overlap with the majority of the playerbase is probably a minus, but there doesnt seem anyone else agreeable and playing stepping up.
Questions?
ImStrokerAce
Orc Champion

Re: Causk for PA

Post by ImStrokerAce »

Do you have anything interesting planned for your term or will it be business as usual?
Current PC:
Mephis the Awkward Mage
causk
Brown Bear

Post by causk »

Business as usual. PA domain is defined as " Applications, Guilds, ALFA Player’s Manual, ALFA Representatives, Player Discipline, and Player Acceptance."
I don't know the details of our current Application situation, but i cant imagine we are being flooded by them. I think as a gaming value proposition Alfa is a hard sell for people who arent already here. I see us deep in the negative feedback loop of low player numbers causing low player numbers and there is not much we can do about that from a policy perspective. Because of that sentiment and my limited english language skills, I am probably the wrong guy to head a PR campaign to try and bring people back.
Guilds, Manual and Representatives i dont see much scope for change. The wiki could probably use a bit of updating, but thats hardly something only the PA could volunteer to do.
Player Acceptance: I dont know if we are currently turning people away. This far into the game we shouldnt, but i think thats pretty business as usual.

Player Discipline is the obvious troublemaker. I think no community can go without some policing and guideline for conflict resolution. Alfa has survived pretty long and well with the mechanisms in place, i dont think now is the time to change them. With just 51 decisions in about the last ten years i dont think the issue will come up that often(hereby cursing myself). If it becomes necessary, im more than willing to give everyone a fair hearing and follow our guidelines. You probably dont need to worry about a reign of terror, im not Austrian born.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Have you gone mad?? Why are you doing this??

#2 is actually a serious question. :)
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
causk
Brown Bear

Post by causk »

I wouldnt trust anyone to be sane, if they arent a little mad.
As to why: someone should do it. AK for one reason or another doesnt have the confidence of people still around. Heero probably isnt a hero with dyslexia and cant be expected to stay around forever serving in a community function, where he doesnt play. And of course there is the pay. And fame. And glory. Im feeling very heeroic.
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

He seems a heeroic chap, fighting for a just causk.

You have my vote.
12.August.2015: Never forget.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Clearly insane, yes.

*casts Mage Hand, remote click vote*
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

Ha.
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

Post by Ithildur » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:11 pm
kid wrote:Post by kid » Tue May 17, 2016 9:41 am

Ha.
You must provide an onyx worth at least 50 gold pieces to animate this thread.
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

Zelknolf wrote:
Post by Ithildur » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:11 pm
kid wrote:Post by kid » Tue May 17, 2016 9:41 am

Ha.
You must provide an onyx worth at least 50 gold pieces to animate this thread.
Question is how much gold and little pieces of onyx do I need in order to reanimate ALFA... :?
:|
:(
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

Reanimating a community costs work, not gold. But there is no yellow brick road, no one to hold your hand, and nobody values an "ideas man." If you want to help, you need to personally get a plan to get more people in game and execute on that plan.
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Thank you for applying. And good luck!
causk
Brown Bear

Post by causk »

How about not feeding the lurker? Might bite. I kid you not. And welcome to my non-heeroic reign Galadorn.
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

causk wrote:How about not feeding the lurker? Might bite. I kid you not. And welcome to my non-heeroic reign Galadorn.
He's right, I was on the verge of biting, but Causk, the generous and wise overlord that he is, made me bite my tongue instead.

Also, that "Ha!" was intended for you Causk, obviously.
causk
Brown Bear

Post by causk »

You wrote "Ha." not "Ha!". This is telling. Im not sure about what. I shall hire sages to ponder the question.
As a kid is involved it cant be good. They are more managable in hordes.