Wanted: DM for next Fri night

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

Valdimir
Head Dungeon Master

Wanted: DM for next Fri night

Post by Valdimir »

Aloha!
I have a few current and past ALFAns that are looking to meet online next Friday (22 Jan) in an attemp to sate an unquenched thirst for some RP. We are aiming for a US 7:30pm PST/10:30 EST start time for about 2-3 hours.
If there is a DM that would like to take us on, this has the potential to develop into a recurring session. Perhaps treat it like a first date and see if there is a love connection. ;)
Alternatively, I'd love to hear what servers are busiest at that time or even which has some good static content to get the PCs out of the pub to explore.
Anyhow, thanks for considering.
Happy New Year!
Cheers,
Valdimir
Former Sembian HDM, Whitehorn and OAS ADM
Current PC: Some halfbreed journeyman...
Former PC: Yakuut, Barbarian of Damara, Gladiator of Westgate, Sergeant of Daggerford Militia
Brokenbone
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Re: Wanted: DM for next Fri night

Post by Brokenbone »

Wow, a Valdimir! Hope life's treating you well. I can't do any DM'ing or at this stage even playing, don't even have NWN2 installed at this stage but I wish y'all the best if you do get a game rolling. Especially if feeling "everything is fresh" there is a ton of static content that will feel new to you, particularly in BG, though obviously if a DM is able to show some PCs a good time that will always beat statics.
ALFA NWN2 PCs: Rhaggot of the Bruised-Eye, and Bamshogbo
ALFA NWN1 PC: Jacobim Foxmantle
ALFA NWN1 Dead PC: Jon Shieldjack

DMA Staff
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

Arri DMs on Moonshaes on Friday nights.

If you're old ALFAns, all of our servers probably have something new for you in the static content department. On TSM, you'd want to look at the new Rivermoot quests that Wynna added during her brief bit of activity last year. On BG, we have an intro quest arc that starts in BG city and big fat shovelfuls of content running out of Ruqel, being a small town built on the road to Candlekeep (provided that you're good or neutral; bunch of paladins and reputation system in there). MS has also seen a lot of build recently-- builders who were new to building when they picked it up (e.g. Arri, Rumple), so those tend to be smaller but also more novel (new blood reliably brings novelty).
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Greetings ,

Are you bringing back old PCs or making brand new ones?

I regularly DM on Fridays on the Moonshea's , usually am available between 3PM and 10PM PST

Currently I have a group of higher levels [6 - 15] on from 6PM to finish on Friday nights and have been DMing the lower levels earlier in the day . Other days/nights are as I have time. I do reserve Saturday mornings to go Play on BG though [when I am not working].

MS has a ton of new static content starting out of Corwell and heading east currently , Enough that a careful level 1 could probably make it to level 3 in no time.

For Finding Static Content Talk to Town Criers and Market Merchants
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
Valdimir
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Valdimir »

Thanks for the quick reply.

Ari - I have a low level PC that I started on TSM ages ago that still may be in the vault. Can't speak for the others, but it is a mostly NWN1 crowd, so likely the same. I wish we could get on MS earlier in the day, but unfortunately I am posted in Hawaii now and will be at work until you start your high level session. (I think that is the first time I said moving here was unfortunate... :D )

Any other DMs free?
Former PC: Yakuut, Barbarian of Damara, Gladiator of Westgate, Sergeant of Daggerford Militia
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

Hmm... in that specific timeslot?

HEEGZ has recently come back, and DMed U.S. evenings in the past, but he's more of a seasonal/ improv kind of DM. The best way to catch his eye is to organize a group and just sort of... "misplace" ... information about when and where you'll meet somewhere that he'll read it. But sometimes the timeslots are just incompatible and you're just poking around the mod for content unDMed. Little bit of a gamble like that.

My own time is split between DMing a PnP game and doing platform work (OGL in 5e is a thing as of just recently, and "computer languages" are explicitly allowed in that; it's got some pretty big holes in it, but also a license to just write whatever you want to fill those holes [as long as it's not the thing they've got a copyright and/or trademark on] so I'm giggling like a schoolgirl while attaching new rules to my map application), so I'm unlikely to pick up the wand right now, and the product would probably be crap if I did anyway. I could probably help some lowbies find enough static content to hit 6th level through static content and hop onto the Arri sessions, and be not-super-helpful beyond that.
ImStrokerAce
Orc Champion

Post by ImStrokerAce »

Im sure all of us here relay our deepest sympathies to you being posted to some tropical wonderland... :-)
Current PC:
Mephis the Awkward Mage
Valdimir
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Valdimir »

Brokenbone wrote:Wow, a Valdimir! Hope life's treating you well. I can't do any DM'ing or at this stage even playing, don't even have NWN2 installed at this stage but I wish y'all the best if you do get a game rolling. Especially if feeling "everything is fresh" there is a ton of static content that will feel new to you, particularly in BG, though obviously if a DM is able to show some PCs a good time that will always beat statics.
Hey brother! Almost missed your post on my tiny little tablet. Life is good. Married for three years now to a wonderful Brit. Selected for Colonel. And as previously noted, living in paradise... Nostalgic for the old Sembia days though. In that vein, I think I have successfully goaded Electryc to join me in this foray next week. Hope all is well with you and yours!
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

Friday nights are really an option for me unless it is later after kids in bed. I am more free on Saturday mornings, and was hoping to get a session in this Saturday. Seems like they always fill up these days... Will try to hop on Friday night if I am free but can't promise anything.

Also, don't forget that someone in your group could always volunteer to be the DM (or take turns). I'd be happy to show someone the DM client and tools. They are very powerful and not near the headache they were years ago.

In any case, great to hear from you again, hope you're well.
Valdimir
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Valdimir »

Thanks for the reply, HEEGZ. Hope all is well with you.

I certainly appreciate the DM tutorial offer and may take you up on that eventually. It may be a bit much for now. We are really just dipping our toes in at this point. We plan to link up around 9:30pm CST. Please shoot me a PM if the kiddos go down and you think you might be up for a little "light DMing."
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

If you can't find a regular weekly DM

I may be able to work something out with every other week to switch between the high and low level groups in that time slot

Need to finish up their current focus though so they can continue with other things on their own time
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
maxcell
Githyanki

Post by maxcell »

Vald! Hiya! let us know which server you are planning on I would love to meet ig for rp
Valdimir
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Valdimir »

Will do, my friend. Would be great to see you. Leaving work now. Going to go see if all my haks loaded...

Think we were leaning toward MS in the off chance Ariana has a few spare moments. I don't think HEEGZ is free.
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

Just got freed up. Looks like everyone is on MS, nice to see so many people logged in. Sorry I couldn't make it home sooner. Gotta get to bed or I won't make the TSM morning session tomorrow, heh.
maxcell
Githyanki

Post by maxcell »

I have a lvl 1 on MS! Vald, you guys are looking to start Next Friday right? the 29th?