Signing off

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

Duck One
Orc Champion

Signing off

Post by Duck One »

I am calling it a day. Things broke right for me to give it a shot with the arrival of some slack in the summer schedule and Wynna tempting me back with a good story, but those are now both gone. I am curious where these characters might go and how they might develop, but it does not appear that there is going to be enough for me to see that through. Some parting thoughts:

I am a busy guy. I have a career, family, and am at a point in my life when free time comes at an extreme premium. I enjoy gaming, but there are only two ways I can play it. If a scheduled session can give me enough notice to plan, I can create free time to sometimes make it work. If an ad hoc time windows opens, I could log in and play a pick-up game with whomever. Unfortunately, neither seem to be working well for me.

I’ll continue to watch and see if opportunities arise. A big thanks to those who were helpful in getting me going. A big thanks to the DM’s and players who shared some time with me. I will hope that ALFA continues to grow and thrive.
Duck One

Some guy who used to do some work 'round here.
ImStrokerAce
Orc Champion

Re: Signing off

Post by ImStrokerAce »

I'll look forward to the time where I get to RP with you again Duck : )
Current PC:
Mephis the Awkward Mage
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

It's been fun. Hopefully catch you on TSM now that I'm DMing again. There is always the possibility of SCL or Shards Online too, down the road. I feel your pain with the scheduling around family and life events. Here's to the future.
Dorn
Haste Bear

Post by Dorn »

You didn't retire dhar so I know (hope) you'll be back!!!

I have resigned myself to one set session a week (plus extras when i'm crook) as that's all i can fit in around my family/work.

I look forwards to when a few things gel and you're able to step back into the breach.
playing Nathaniel Ward - Paladin of the Morninglord and devout of Torm (cookie cutter and proud of it)
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

Most of us with families and careers face the same pressures. Enjoyed the RP with both of your PCs. Come back around when you find the time. It can be fun even if it is sporadic.
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

Sorry to see you go, Duck. I have enjoyed having you around. Hope you will find your way back soon!
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
maxcell
Githyanki

Post by maxcell »

I was already missing Dhar, now this. :/ I hate RL. Down with RL!!!

Will miss your RP, come back in what ever form it may be when you can.
Grand Fromage
Goon Spy

Post by Grand Fromage »

Jeez you convince me to come back for you and Wynna and then you both disappear. I must be toxic.
Swift
Mook

Post by Swift »

Grand Fromage wrote:Jeez you convince me to come back for you and Wynna and then you both disappear. I must be toxic.
GF4PA!
Grand Fromage
Goon Spy

Post by Grand Fromage »

Swift wrote:
Grand Fromage wrote:Jeez you convince me to come back for you and Wynna and then you both disappear. I must be toxic.
GF4PA!
Since the haks download at 5 kb/s it doesn't look like I'll be playing until 2016 anyway.
Duck One
Orc Champion

Post by Duck One »

I can't help it that you take like 5 months to respond to my PM, and who knew Wynna would would have a case of real life. The summer was to be my golden chance, and I knew it was going to be a long shot to sustain anything in the fall during soccer season. But that group that runs on Saturday morning has been fairly regular and productive, and it gets some love from JLM from time to time.
Duck One

Some guy who used to do some work 'round here.
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

The Saturday morning TSM group is still a thing. Come back when you can Duck. 8)
Grand Fromage
Goon Spy

Post by Grand Fromage »

Hmph, I'll have you know it was a mere two months before I saw the PM. If it were 1850 and we were trading letters across the Atlantic that'd be a decently fast turnaround.
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

To be fair, if it were 1850 and we wanted to D&D together we'd have to establish patterns of post to be sent so that we can have any kind of communication, where we might say "What the hell is D&D?"

Except we wouldn't say hell. We reserve such talk for scolding women who show their bare ankles in public.
ImStrokerAce
Orc Champion

Post by ImStrokerAce »

One has to take a firm hand when such moral and social degradation flaunts itself...
Current PC:
Mephis the Awkward Mage