Calling all 'underutilised' DMs - can we advertise you?

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

Dorn
Haste Bear

Calling all 'underutilised' DMs - can we advertise you?

Post by Dorn »

So JLM has about 50 people hanging off his every move.

But I've noticed a few DM posts about other sessions pop up.

What do you think about a promoting actual DMed session times to the NWN2 community?

Do we have DMs with spare capacity who are committed to a medium term campaign at least and would happily accommodate low level ALFA-newbies?
playing Nathaniel Ward - Paladin of the Morninglord and devout of Torm (cookie cutter and proud of it)
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Re: Calling all 'underutilised' DMs - can we advertise you?

Post by HEEGZ »

I've had a hard time finding a game and motivation since I quit DMing. Trying out stuff as a PC on BG, but might be interested in something like this on TSM. Are you thinking like a weekly campaign timeslot or more of a PW style ad hoc sort of thing?
Dorn
Haste Bear

Post by Dorn »

I think to entice people into ALFA a regular timeslot would be better to start with, which could then fade into PW ad-hoc after the first campaign/story concludes and they're on board.
playing Nathaniel Ward - Paladin of the Morninglord and devout of Torm (cookie cutter and proud of it)
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

Okay, I'll put out feelers for my friends on TSM. If things continue not to work out I may just revert back to DM status again instead of playing with 1-2 people, which wasn't what I was expecting.
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

Honestly, if a DM started another infestation on BG, or even MS I'd play on those servers with my other PC in between JLM sessions. Without any overarching story going on -- even of just the infestation variety -- logging on with less than a group of 4 is not enticing.
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

I think Arri posted 2 weeks ago there is an infestation on MS. Maybe?
johnlewismcleod
Dungeon Master

Post by johnlewismcleod »

HEEGZ wrote:I think Arri posted 2 weeks ago there is an infestation on MS. Maybe?
Yes...there is an infestation underway on MS
I seek plunder....and succulent greens

[Wynna] Chula Lysander: [Talk] *Shakes head* I've been in worse situations. He was just....unjoyful! *stomps foot*

Retired PC's: Torquil, Gwenevere
Former PC's: Rugo, Flora, Rory Mor
Adanu
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Adanu »

I'll be returning for DM status next week likely. TImes to be determined, but placeholding at sunday as previously.
First Character: Zyrus Meynolt, the serene Water Genasi berserker. "I am the embodiment of the oceans; serene until you summon the storm." Zyrus: http://tinyurl.com/9emdbnd

Second Character: Damien Collins, the atypical druid. "What? Being a stick in the mud is boring. No pun intended grins"

Western Heartlands HDM: On break. PM for emergencies
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

Okay, not sure about a set night of the week. Will depend how my tabletop games shake out now that we are starting a new campaign "Out of the Abyss".

I've asked Curm about staying on as a TSM DM. I'll chat with JLM and see what kind of coverage we can offer on TSM.
Dorn
Haste Bear

Post by Dorn »

Musing over a post.
Hello all,

A Land Far Away is an in-character, adventure-roleplay, focussed persistent world set in western Faerun. It spans four servers from the Silver Marches, Baldurs Gate region, Western Heartlands and the Moonshae Islands.

We currently have several DMed adventures and new players would be welcome to join the existing campaigns.

Baldurs Gate - DM Shad0wfax - "Intruige" (link) - Friday and Sunday evenings PST (US west coast)
Moonshae Islands - DM Arianna - "Darkness falls" (link) - Wednesday evenings US west coast
Moonshae Islands - DM AnalogKid - "High Seas" (link)- Sat evenings
Western Heartlands - DM Adanu - "Tradewar" (link) - Sunday evening US east coast
The Silver Marches - DM HEEGZ - TBD (link) - day TBC, US evenings
The Silver Marches - DM johnlewismcleod - "The Savage Frontier" (link) - Sat evening WAustralia- asia/Sat morning US West coast
The Silver Marches - DM Wynna - "The Silverymoon University" (link) - Sat evenings PST (US West Coast)

If you enjoy DnD style in character roleplay with other players and DMs running quests, come and get involved. Post in the linked threads if you're keen to play and I hope to see you in game soon.

PM me, Dorn, on the forum if you want any help getting started, or want to get linked up with some regular players in your timezeone, in A Land Far Away.
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

Should make sure that these games are all still going and taking new players-- focus on where people can go to play right now; for instance, I know Wynna's winding her efforts down, due to losing availability. Not sure that she'd be taking on new PCs.
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

My timeslot would be US nights. Actual day TBD. Though I could possibly do Sat AMs again.
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

WED do not seem to be working out looking to move the game to Sat or Sun nights
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
Dorn
Haste Bear

Post by Dorn »

HEEGZ wrote:.... Though I could possibly do Sat AMs again....
In that case you're all mine and i'm not sharing!!!!
Dorn
Haste Bear

Post by Dorn »

Noting recent changes. Can anyone add to this? I'll PM all DMs
Hello all,

A Land Far Away is an in-character, adventure-roleplay, focussed persistent world set in western Faerun. It spans four servers from the Silver Marches, Baldurs Gate region, Western Heartlands and the Moonshae Islands.

We currently have several DMed adventures and new players would be welcome to join the existing campaigns.

Baldurs Gate - DM Shad0wfax - "Intruige" (link) - Friday and Sunday evenings PST (US west coast)
Moonshae Islands - DM Arianna - "Darkness falls" (link) - Friday evenings US west coast
Moonshae Islands - DM AnalogKid - "High Seas" (link)- Sat evenings US
Western Heartlands - DM Adanu - "Tradewar" (link) - Sunday evening US east coast
(paused for a few weeks) The Silver Marches - DM JLM - "The Savage Frontier" (link) - evenings US West coast
The Silver Marches - DM HEEGZ - Char focus (link) - Saturday, US mornings

If you enjoy DnD style in character roleplay with other players and DMs running quests, come and get involved. Post in the linked threads if you're keen to play and I hope to see you in game soon.

PM me, Dorn, on the forum if you want any help getting started, or want to get linked up with some regular players in your timezeone, in A Land Far Away.

Of course if you want to DM, also feel free to drop me a line and i'll point you in the right direction.