3rd PCs

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

Xanthea
Dungeon Master

3rd PCs

Post by Xanthea »

A 2nd PC has certainly made me play ALFA more than I would have otherwise because it let me get in on some campaign stuff that's not level appropriate for my 1st PC. The sky didn't fall when 2nd PCs were introduced. It seems like a widely popular policy.

I would love the chance to play a 3rd PC so that I could get involved with groups that wouldn't be in character for either of my current ones.

How about it, eh?
Rumple C
Bard

Re: 3rd PCs

Post by Rumple C »

I bet "The man" is going to say no. They're trying to keep you down, son.
12.August.2015: Never forget.
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

I have been told I am the man.

Therefore, No.
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
Swift
Mook

Post by Swift »

danielmn wrote:I have been told I am the man.

Therefore, No.
+1
gribo
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gribo »

Lets make it clear, Danielmn is the man.
Nuclear winter is coming
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Xanthea wrote:A 2nd PC has certainly made me play ALFA more than I would have otherwise because it let me get in on some campaign stuff that's not level appropriate for my 1st PC. The sky didn't fall when 2nd PCs were introduced. It seems like a widely popular policy.

I would love the chance to play a 3rd PC so that I could get involved with groups that wouldn't be in character for either of my current ones.

How about it, eh?

That would basically limit you to one PC per server with very little traveling between them and if you DM'd on the 4th server well your pretty well locked in then cause then you could not even shuffle a PC around.

I would never want to see people have 2 PCs on the same server nor DM and play on the same server . ..
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
maxcell
Githyanki

Post by maxcell »

Swift wrote:
danielmn wrote:I have been told I am the man.

Therefore, No.
+1
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

I think we should make an exception for Xan. His/her pc's are only half as good as everyone else, after all.

4 pc's for xan.
12.August.2015: Never forget.
Xanthea
Dungeon Master

Post by Xanthea »

Arianna wrote:That would basically limit you to one PC per server with very little traveling between them and if you DM'd on the 4th server well your pretty well locked in then cause then you could not even shuffle a PC around.
In my case I rarely play one of them, but still do not want to commit to permanently retiring one.

I suppose an alternative would be bringing back temporary retirement.
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Post by FoamBats4All »

Would you find an improved/more lenient retirement policy as appealing then? I can't imagine 3 PCs being super useful, but I could see the appeal in only temporarily retiring old PCs. Maybe have that 3rd PC be a retirement slot?

My concern with more than 2 PCs is that it cuts down on the appeal of DMing. Not only is it a lot of work, but then you have to retire one of your PCs to DM.
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by CloudDancing »

That sounds really confusing and I have a short attention span.

Why not just make another PC on another PW (GASP!)?

I made a PC on RoD and it is fun to be out of the mold and get to play Drow for once with other Drow players.

I find it broadens my perspective and widens the window I can find satisfying playtimes. It also makes me realize how ridiculous NWN2 is as a community. We don't share our tech enough and do not visit other servers to get ideas.

I can't tell you the awful attempts at customization methods, money handling, and storage I have seen. And it is all based on some basic concepts that Foam and Zelk understand and other people in other PW just never figured out.

So we can reach out, gain new players for our PWs, and help them with some of their erm..less than efficent systems.

I don't think one more PC is going to help us. More dms and more timeslots would be much more useful.
Xanthea
Dungeon Master

Post by Xanthea »

FoamBats4All wrote:Would you find an improved/more lenient retirement policy as appealing then? I can't imagine 3 PCs being super useful, but I could see the appeal in only temporarily retiring old PCs. Maybe have that 3rd PC be a retirement slot?
Yes that would also be perfectly fine.
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

Xanthea wrote:
FoamBats4All wrote:Would you find an improved/more lenient retirement policy as appealing then? I can't imagine 3 PCs being super useful, but I could see the appeal in only temporarily retiring old PCs. Maybe have that 3rd PC be a retirement slot?
Yes that would also be perfectly fine.
I think that's alright...
But truly, this is better.
Rumple C wrote:I think we should make an exception for Xan. His/her pc's are only half as good as everyone else, after all.

4 pc's for xan.
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
Brokenbone
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Brokenbone »

At this late, late stage in the game, why not? If someone really doesn't want to play say, their powerful priest or whatnot, BUT sees OGR or Dorn or maxcell having a ball with a nooblin crew... go be a nooblin and maybe it works, maybe it doesn't (timing, fun level, whatever) with no "RISK" if you will that your high powered but homeless / rootless old PC can't be brought back for the right fun event?

I'd try a nooblin though I'd hate to toss my existing PCs. Existing PCs aren't going to be played in absence of say, seeing Regas around (for both SE / Vilquari campaigns) or some mix of other people like KMJ, jmecha, Ronan, whatever (whether DMing or with complementary PCs). Right people and story come back around though and hey, I'd like more play in that realm please n' thanks.
ALFA NWN2 PCs: Rhaggot of the Bruised-Eye, and Bamshogbo
ALFA NWN1 PC: Jacobim Foxmantle
ALFA NWN1 Dead PC: Jon Shieldjack

DMA Staff
SCI-kick
Gelatinous Cube

Post by SCI-kick »

I have no problems with this, or even unlimited PC's. I also agree that you should be able to move any of your PCs to wherever you want, anytime.

It's almost impossible to power game here, and even if you tried it would get noticed.

I've always thought ALFA was a bit snobbish in this regard, among other things.