Does anyone play D&D?

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

maxcell
Githyanki

Does anyone play D&D?

Post by maxcell »

Didn't know if this was posted anywhere before, and no I don't get a kickback (though I wish I did in the form of stuffs) I love this site for all kinds of PnP goodies

http://www.dndclassics.com/index.php
SCI-kick
Gelatinous Cube

Re: Does anyone play D&D?

Post by SCI-kick »

Nice! This brings back some great memories.

One of my favorites if the "Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" / "Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun" combination. Never completed...Both parties that we had all died :(
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

Yeah, I DM and play in a couple groups. One with my boys at home and the other at school with my students. Playing 5th edition now, and I have more adventures than time to play them, not to mention if/when I do some homebrew stuff. I still enjoy DMing the Realms though, so not a big deal. That link is nice, I think I've grabbed a few things from them before.
shad0wfax
DM Admin

Post by shad0wfax »

I'm DMing a 2e campaign that has been going for several years. I also play 2e and some 3.5. I've DMd and played Pathfinder, but I don't care for it.
SCI-kick
Gelatinous Cube

Post by SCI-kick »

shad0wfax wrote:I'm DMing a 2e campaign that has been going for several years. I also play 2e and some 3.5. I've DMd and played Pathfinder, but I don't care for it.

Do you use the fighter kits? I remember our group had a really fun campaign when the Complete Fighter Handbook came out... All fighter party with Berzerker, Samurai, Noble Warrior, and a Ranger.
Duck One
Orc Champion

Post by Duck One »

I got the original box set (it was powder blue before they updated it later and put it out red) as a Christmas gift the first year it came out. I had all the first edition AD&D reference books. Some of that crap was worth money, but I used mine so much they were not in great condition. Played on and off for 20 years in PnP before ALFA.
Duck One

Some guy who used to do some work 'round here.
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

I have the little tan paper back books that were originally released before they came out with the boxed sets. One was a DMG, one a Players hand book and the other was a Monster manual . Then I got both boxed sets, all the 1st edition books and modules, most of the second edition books and modules, Once 3rd edition came out I was less thrilled with alot of the changes. 4th edition just seemed made for the powergamer and have not even looked at 5th edition books.

I have played PnP on and off over the years since the earlier 80's . . shared games with family and friends. Taught some of my kids to play. Currently not running /playing in any sort of PnP campaign though.
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
shad0wfax
DM Admin

Post by shad0wfax »

SCI-kick wrote:Do you use the fighter kits? I remember our group had a really fun campaign when the Complete Fighter Handbook came out... All fighter party with Berzerker, Samurai, Noble Warrior, and a Ranger.
The group is a fighter/thief, a bladesinger (fighter/mage op kit), feywarden (specialty priest), wizard, and ranger. They're all good elves. They have a CN alu-fiend follower NPC (from a module) who is trying to be an elf with them.

They're currently finishing up a little side adventure into the Underdark to get some magical item components before they attempt to enter Myth Drannor.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Ah yes, the rather infamous 2e Bladesinger... I almost had a chance to play one in an online campaign once that narrowly didn't make it past the starting gate. :(

That sounds like a fun group/campaign regardless; some fond memories (and headaches!) of playing in faerie elf only bands. :)

I think my ideal DnD setting would be 1e/2e FR; it's one of the things that hooked me into ALFA1, it had a more earlier edition feel, as Dorn mentioned people often didn't see +1 magical items or full plate until well into midlevels, the tradition of Elves not taking rezzes is from 1st or 2nd edition, etc.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt