ACR Update

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

ACR Update

Post by Zelknolf »

Another ACR update is staged, and will be rolling out to each server as I get an opportunity to restart them--
  • ACR_CREATURE_BEHAVIOR may be set to 1 on the module to turn on ACR_CreatureBehavior for all creatures in the module. Creatures without an assigned AI type will get one based on the distribution of their hit dice across their levels.
  • "Phat lewt" containers no longer drop any illegal loot and no longer drop any loot for characters over the wealth cutoff (with the same patterns and safeguards against exploitation as combat loot drops).
  • Quest triggers may now use ACR_QST_REQUIRED_SKILL and ACR_QST_SKILL_DC on their triggers (or waypoints, if they're constructing waypoint-based triggers) to cause a trigger to only update the quest if it is triggered by someone who passes a skill check of the former variable at the DC of the latter variable.
  • Will o' Wisp touch attacks now do 2d8 electrical damage, instead of 128 damage of type 2d8.
  • Wraiths who successfully touch attack a target acquire 5 temporary hit points.
  • Ghosts who successful touch attack a target heal 5 hit points.
  • The ghost touch attack disables its target based on if the ability score it's actually draining could be reduced to 0 if the ghost decides to drain an ability score other than the default.
Wynna
Dungeon Master

Re: ACR Update

Post by Wynna »

Thanks, Zelk! The phat lewt update and the quest trigger variables are exceptionally awesome.
Enjoy the game
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

Hurray Tech!
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

A. Cool, thanks.
Zelknolf wrote:[*]Will o' Wisp touch attacks now do 2d8 electrical damage, instead of 128 damage of type 2d8 [/list]
B. Aren't Willos currently invisible? (Well, lacking a mod or... don't know the definition, but unusable essentially?)
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

kid wrote:
Zelknolf wrote:[*]Will o' Wisp touch attacks now do 2d8 electrical damage, instead of 128 damage of type 2d8 [/list]
B. Aren't Willos currently invisible? (Well, lacking a mod or... don't know the definition, but unusable essentially?)
I don't actually know this one. I assume that a will o' wisp visual would be easy enough to create. We have a couple monster appearances which are just floating clickable VFX nodes, which are easy enough to attach a hellish glow to. Moderate skill if you want a custom hellish glow.

The actual story is that I got code from BG with the request that the touch attack handling be updated with it some time ago, and I didn't give it careful enough review-- I often don't when it's a DM submitting a monster power. There's not really a conflict of interest there; getting monster powers obviously wrong means tech rezzes and potentially drama, which sucks for the DM. I assume they're not being used, because the Will o' Wisp touch attack went in a while back and 128 damage is pretty obviously wrong.

More recently, Teric went sniffing around touch attacks to look for what might be useful for WHL and found a couple problems, which is where the touch attack fixes are coming from.
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

No problems, was just curious if that lacking visual got fixed somewhere, somehow, along the way.
Thanks again.
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

Thanks for the work, Zelk!
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

Thanks for the update. I can confirm that the WISP attack is now doing electrical damage (*wince* but I'm still not seeing any vfx on hit. Sorry).

As far as Will o Wisps being invisible afaik I'm using a copy of the original campaign version which is both visible and selectable. Appearance: Will-O-Wisp_X2. Visual Effect: fx_willowisp_blue.
shad0wfax
DM Admin

Post by shad0wfax »

Zelknolf wrote:Another ACR update is staged, and will be rolling out to each server as I get an opportunity to restart them--
  • ACR_CREATURE_BEHAVIOR may be set to 1 on the module to turn on ACR_CreatureBehavior for all creatures in the module. Creatures without an assigned AI type will get one based on the distribution of their hit dice across their levels.
    [...]
  • Will o' Wisp touch attacks now do 2d8 electrical damage, instead of 128 damage of type 2d8.
Yay, thank you for adding the ACRAI feature to modules. Also, sorry for the parameter reversal on will-o'-wisps.
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

shad0wfax wrote:Yay, thank you for adding the ACRAI feature to modules. Also, sorry for the parameter reversal on will-o'-wisps.
Well, I intentionally didn't name the DM, and it's fine. It also didn't get much scrutiny on my side on account of the very-low scope of the change and the lack of conflict of interest. Near as I can tell, it only confused one builder some long time later.