AK's DMA platform/ Why i'm running.

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

Analogkid
Ogre

AK's DMA platform/ Why i'm running.

Post by Analogkid »

Here we go again. Why am I running you ask, and while knowing I go into this likely to lose once the powers that be move against me?

But, thats all the more reason to vote for me as DMA. You see, the biggest reason is we need someone in admin outside of the current clique. As it is, only the L.A and DMA positions are competitive at this point, and with the DMA, we can still have one person outside this clique yet who can serve as a watchdog so to speak.

I ran for DMA, not that long ago, and for L.A. more recently. In reality, the role of DMA I think is more important as the DMs here are...ALFA's lifeblood, without whom we would just simply have pretty servers. We...as DMs need our neutrality and impartiality, and I promise to stand behind our DMs and represent them and their interests with admin.

Oh and yes I back making all positions accountable to all within ALFA, as well as all making it easier to DM across the board with shorter wait times.
"Cast in his unlikely role....ill equipped to act"
Heero
Beholder

Re: AK's DMA platform/ Why i'm running.

Post by Heero »

To be even...

Have you done much ALFA Dming?
Heero just pawn in game of life.

12.August.2013: Never forget.
15.December.2014: Never forget.

The Glorious 12.August.2015: Always Remember the Glorious 12th.
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Post by FoamBats4All »

What sort of things do you want to get done if elected? Is there anything that you think ALFA needs, in terms of DMA?

Do you prefer a heavy or light touch to managing HDMs? Why?

Do you work well with other admins/contributors?

Why is Wynna awesome?

Do you think it is the domain of the DMA to police or determine all in-game content?
Analogkid
Ogre

Post by Analogkid »

Heero wrote:To be even...

Have you done much ALFA Dming?

I have been an on and off DM on ALFA since ALFA began. Currently I dm on MS, generally on Saturdays and Sundays, though I am thinking to review my schedule since participation has been spotty those days.
Last edited by Analogkid on Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Analogkid
Ogre

Post by Analogkid »

FoamBats4All wrote:What sort of things do you want to get done if elected? Is there anything that you think ALFA needs, in terms of DMA?
Change the DM 30 day rule to 14 days.

Support making all admin positions eligible to be voted by the entire ALFA community.

Push to increase the Bio submission XP award to 500 XP, while making sure the bio is appropriate to our standards.

Make sure that the same rules are applied ALFA wide when it comes to standards.

As for what what ALFA needs from the DMA. I believe ALFA needs a DM who will be impartial when it comes to handling disputes arising from DM/player issues. ALFA needs a DMA who will make every decision based on whats best for ALFA and what is appropriate without regard to personal feelings or friendships.

Do you prefer a heavy or light touch to managing HDMs? Why?
Generally a light touch will be favored. We're all volunteers here, and adults after all. I will try to work things out and discuss issues with the HDMs.
Do you work well with other admins/contributors?
I believe that if elected, we all will be responsible adults and I know I will work hard to maintain communications with all of admin.
Why is Wynna awesome?
She seems pretty cool, though I never have really interacted with her that much to be honest other then some short conversations here and there. I know that she has been a huge boon to the community though.
Do you think it is the domain of the DMA to police or determine all in-game content?
I do believe its part of the DMAs role to make sure our content is appropriate and that things apply in a standardized way when it comes to rules. DM's have a lot of leeway in content though, since "content" includes the stories they create for our players.