Elections?

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Re: Elections?

Post by Zelknolf »

In spite of our most-brutal disagreements, we're united by our love of the naughty bits on elves, and that the elves broadly take issue with their description as "naughty"?

Sounds like best PR.
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

Zelknolf wrote:In spite of our most-brutal disagreements, we're united by our love of the naughty bits on elves
...not even
12.August.2015: Never forget.
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Post by FoamBats4All »

As the the player of an elf and a half elf, I concur.
shad0wfax
DM Admin

Post by shad0wfax »

FoamBats4All wrote:As the the player of an elf and a half elf, I concur.
So far it's 3 - 1 for elfsex and I'm about to declare elfsex a victory. *dangles the bait on a string*
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Post by FoamBats4All »

Can I change my vote?

*Bites at the bait.*
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

You people disgust me.
12.August.2015: Never forget.
Swift
Mook

Post by Swift »

shad0wfax wrote:That's what they did in ALFA 1, right? ;)
Nah, getting banned from ALFA 1 was actually pretty difficult thanks to how chaotic and faction riddled it tended to be.
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

Take a serious topic, and devolve it into cyborsex elves. I applaud. Dress it up as unserious and comical all you will....it doesn't change the concerns some of us have, voiced or unvoiced.
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

It's a bit difficult to respond to unvoiced opinions. The voiced one said he was done.
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

Dodge and evasion over devolvement. Expected from those that would turn something serious into something comical.

My own legite concern is power over right. Someone having the power to do something, giving them the right to do something. I have the power and right, to own a gun. Doesn't give me the right to pull the trigger whenever I want. THe power to change a vote is given. (yes, the IA does have the power to do this). However, I don't think there was even a question of "Do I have the right" until waaaay after the action was done...and even then it is questionable, as NO ONE has come forward with a documented case of a change vote beyond technical reasons. (likely because if it has occurred in the past, no one bothered to document the bookkeeping). However, I doubt this was even looked into till after the fact as well (stemming from just how long it took to answer the original question, as it was delayed for many posts, likely to think/discuss a good answer to the question). My other concerns have been handled, as discussions of hiding vote numbers until the end of an election vote would put to bed this type of thing going forward. (which makes me ponder, if nothing at all looked bad, then why the change? :P )

To be quite honest, I've never been a big fan of "Do something now, ask for permission later
This being a cross domain issue, I would have like for there to have been a little discussion between the Admins involved, before any action was taken, even given the timeframe for when the action was asked for. You know, Admins working together, instead of separate entities, and all. I will put faith in the IA however, and assume such contact was tried before the action was taken, and the LA just couldn't be reached at that time. Even so, waiting until contact COULD be made would have been preferable, even given the lateness to which the vote change was decided on by the player, especially given the context of a serious conflict of interest, as the elected is very good friends with the IA. (when given this situation, I usually step back, or am very cautious on procedures just to make sure nothing looks or smells foul.)

I wasn't even going to respond to any of this, until the powers that be decided to make a joke out of it.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

And I expect nothing less than shallow insults from you, danielmn. I'm sorry that my obvious prompt didn't strike you as an obvious prompt, but I'm glad that you responded to it anyway. I'm also sorry that I failed to adequately address your unspoken concerns. In the future, I will work harder at reading minds-- until I master this skill, however, I will have to ask that you find some way to turn your concerns into language so that people might respond to them.

But the response remains that there's nothing else for us to do now. The approval did arrive; no objection from a wronged party rose; LA is finding a better mechanism for future elections; we can type our little fingers down to nubs about what could have or should have been done, but I will remain focused on what we're doing.
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

I fail to see where I delivered any insults. Reign in your hypervigilance and paranoia, please. Yes, I had concerns, but as stated, I wasn't going to voice them at all, and let things progress, until this topic was made a joke of. Deflect all you wish. I was going to keep my thoughts to myself, and let what may be, be. When I feel like speaking, I will. :) Also, I didn't speak up mainly because your last paragraph is true, what is done, is done, what can be fixed, will be fixed, and hopefully, what can be learned from the situation, has been learned. You can go back to talking about cybor now, I suppose. HAHAHA.

P.S. I must have hit the nail on the head somewhere, for you to bring your classic case of martyrdom into this...

FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Post by FoamBats4All »

Anyone else have an opinion to share? This has indeed devolved into jokes of elfcybor, and personal attacks. I think the discussion has run its course. If there's nothing else to share, I'll lock it to spare us all the eye-rolling and headaches.
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

My eyes glazed over... wow.

Foam, and anyone else who is programing the website interfaces... Can we have our voting system updated to show who is running, click our vote, confirm, and get a confirmation page or alfamail with confirmation that a vote was cast, and for whom? Leave the voting tally blind until the voting is ended, and let people vote how they think or feel, and not worry if they are swinging a vote or changing an outcome. Can we? Honestly, I think it would reduce what I'm seeing here, and allow a less confrontational experience.

Thank you for your time.
The real Gonz.0
"Where morality is present, laws are unnecessary. Without morality, laws are unenforceable." -Anonymous

Horatio
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l157/ ... atio-1.jpg
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Post by FoamBats4All »

gonz.0 wrote:My eyes glazed over... wow.

Foam, and anyone else who is programing the website interfaces... Can we have our voting system updated to show who is running, click our vote, confirm, and get a confirmation page or alfamail with confirmation that a vote was cast, and for whom? Leave the voting tally blind until the voting is ended, and let people vote how they think or feel, and not worry if they are swinging a vote or changing an outcome. Can we? Honestly, I think it would reduce what I'm seeing here, and allow a less confrontational experience.

Thank you for your time.
It's certainly possible. However, this thread is not productive to website suggestions. Can you make a suggestion here, where I am more likely to see it? http://www.alandfaraway.info/phpBB3/vie ... =3&t=51340