LA Platform for Clouddancing

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

LA Platform for Clouddancing

Post by CloudDancing »

My main points:

1. Alfa needs good leadership and effective moderation due to proposed changes in the charter.

2. Alfa needs to develop ways to retain new players. We get a decent influx of players consider the complex things one must do to make this game work properly. We just need to address their needs and make sure they are being encouraged through the difficult process of gaming as well as understand this is a drastically different experience from MMOs and RPG play.

3. I want to encourage scheduled party-play events as a marketing asset for Alfa. Dming is not in the La's domain, but there is no harm in encouraging a recipe I have seen work over the last six + years.

4. I want to encourage a positive attitude and encourage us to work toward consensus and moderate differing viewpoints.

5. I want to encourage creativity and foster the interests of anyone willing to contribute.

6. I want to encourage a long-term account of Alfa plots and lore BECAUSE it is an excellent tool for morale and encouragement. We love to tell our stories of great moments in game whether funny, scary, gross, or frightening. I'd like to see us write more and get xp for promoting Alfa and the morale of the dms and players involved.

I'm qualified because I was LA once before. Previous to that I was an was the assistant to the HDM on the Moonshaes. I DM'd numerous plots and events on MS. I DM'd the birth of two different babies. One involved demons and the other involved vampires.

I built a considerable portion of MS which is too much to note. I also built a decent portion of BG such as most of the main roads between BG and Amn, The Friendly Arm, Temple of Milli, updated Beregost, built Naskel, as well as the Temple of Tempus and all their interiors. Previous to that I was a DM on TSM.

I've played four different characters past level 6 plus two I didn't like so I retired and one who died of a ooze in the basement of the Three Kegs. One now lives in Corwelltown in her own Inn with her two children. One lives somewhere in the Moonwood among the Elves with her child. Another one is part of a Spelljammer crew off in space. And the current one is a young Paladin of Lathander who has nearly died more times than I can count.

Due to documented inhibition removing aspects of the internet I will concede I am eccentric and prone to flights of fancy. Due to my long term involvement in Alfa people have seen me at my best and unfortunately at my worst. I can say that about most of the people in Alfa that I've played with as well.

The fact is at any given time in the project I've never given up on Alfa and I believe in the those cathartic, synergistic moments that happen because of our collective vision.