New times, new vision, new ALFA?

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Re: New times, new vision, new ALFA?

Post by FoamBats4All »

Most people don't -want- to be an admin for more than 6 months. Sure, we get a Curmudgeon or Veilan every so often, but most people seem plenty burnt out by the end of their term, "short" as it is.
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

My 2 Cents:
DMA is an important position, when there is a problem

PA (See above)

Constant elections, are a problem. DMA, is attempting to suggest a few fixes. Thus, I think that is proof of concept there. I would most wholeheartedly agree that having just one group of people able to vote in elections is problematic, and should be corrected. I agree that elections around the calendar are a trouble, and should be unified to one time of year. I again agree that a longer term (1 year) would be an improvement. Any who do not wish a position any longer can always step down, sparking a 'special election' to fill a position until election time rolls around again.

I disagree with the notion of team elections, or as we call it in the U.S., party tickets. It's a poor system, and leads to abuse. The only reason it was acceptable was to keep the VP from wanting the President dead (and doesn't always work, at least on the wanting).

There are two things I'd like to see added since you brought it all up Boom...

1) If the player population as a whole can vote, those who have an opportunity to actually see the behind the scenes actions of the admins, should have an option to call for a vote to recall any admin who is not doing their job, or abusing their position. These should not be public votes, but among just that group of people.

2) I would like also to see any position in which someone is running unopposed not run as an election, but as a 'confirmation' with a yea or nay vote. Because if someone is overwhelmingly not wanted for an admin, they should not be just because no one else wants the job. It should inspire someone else to step up.
The real Gonz.0
"Where morality is present, laws are unnecessary. Without morality, laws are unenforceable." -Anonymous

Horatio
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l157/ ... atio-1.jpg
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

gonzo, the two requests you made are already in place. there is a recall procedure, and we also have simple yes/no votes for those running unopposed.