Greengrass

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Greengrass

Post by Ithildur »

Alright, so DMA elections are done. Let's talk Greengrass!

I believe this is coming up in a couple of weeks?

Seems like BG is where things will be happening; are there things a non BG DM can do to help things along, other than take part and stir up trouble with my PC?
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Veilan
Lead Admin

Re: Greengrass

Post by Veilan »

Ithildur wrote:Alright, so DMA elections are done. Let's talk Greengrass!
The grass always appears greener on the other side of the election.
The power of concealment lies in revelation.
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

You can show up.
http://www.alandfaraway.info/phpBB3/vie ... =3&t=51402

Also, if you know some eldritch secrets of motivation, or have become a software developer, those would help to make the event better; there's not a whole lot of frills beyond providing the basics to have players able to run this.
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

So will Tes be like... master of ceremonies+reward bank?
Sorry for bluntness, mostly curious how's this going to run.
I'll try and be there regardless and add my feeble attempts at RP to the mix.
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

Tess has some loot that's useless to her that was pried from the cold, dead hands of the last demon gnoll invasion, (a lot of little items worth 1k-2k; +1 stats, +2 to a save, +1 armor, bonus low-level spell slots, that sort of thing) which will be prizes for the events.

Winners of tourneys also usually get to ask for a boon from whatever noble or head of state sponsored it (that would be Tess this time), but those can be declined. So the prizes I can promise.

I can also attend all of the events that got scheduled at the times they're scheduled, so Tess is master of ceremonies and running each event. If I can acquire motivation and be less buried by the requests of everyone else, there might be an opening speech. There were also some non-concrete murmurs of others wanting to run things-- those others should, if they're sure they're going to do the things, post some posts and pick some times; just make sure that Selûnites and their paladins wouldn't throw you out for it.
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

bu's always available to beat the shit out of some people if needed! (oh the shock! nah he'll sell some mushroom cupcakes or something though!)
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

Make them eat shit(ake).
12.August.2015: Never forget.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

I'll have Aglaril chat with Tess about it, but he may have a nice bauble or two to offer as prizes.

Definitely think some scrolls (that are inexplicably rare and hard to find in our world) will be nice prizes for the mage dual event, but also a couple of items that others might enjoy (or at least sell for good coin).
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Brokenbone

Post by Brokenbone »

Hey Player Admin or BG HDM or whoever is listening... two-PC rule. Suggesting a free pass, free validations, no restrictions on timing of a 2nd PC popping in and out for the relevant Greengrass weekend. Metagaming, muling, twinking whatever, all that still applies.
ALFA NWN2 PCs: Rhaggot of the Bruised-Eye, and Bamshogbo
ALFA NWN1 PC: Jacobim Foxmantle
ALFA NWN1 Dead PC: Jon Shieldjack

DMA Staff
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

I will support this as Lead Admin. Someone should probably try to contact PA Mikayla.
shad0wfax
DM Admin

Post by shad0wfax »

I'm fine with it, if I'm not too late to answer.