Boombrakh: the Q&A saga

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

boombrakh
Githyanki

Re: Boombrakh: the Q&A saga

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
Last edited by boombrakh on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pragmatic (adj.)
The opposite of idealistic is pragmatic, a word that describes a philosophy of "doing what works best."
From Greek pragma "deed," the word has historically described philosophers and politicians who were
concerned more with real-world application of ideas than with abstract notions. A pragmatic person
is sensible, grounded, and practical.
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
pragmatic (adj.)
The opposite of idealistic is pragmatic, a word that describes a philosophy of "doing what works best."
From Greek pragma "deed," the word has historically described philosophers and politicians who were
concerned more with real-world application of ideas than with abstract notions. A pragmatic person
Twin Axes
Dungeon Master

Post by Twin Axes »

I am apparently moving back to Sweden at the beginning of June, and will be available to join Team Blonde & Blue-Eyed.
"[T]he dwarvern people, are machine-like, and it is impossible to reason with a machine." - Susana
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
pragmatic (adj.)
Twin Axes
Dungeon Master

Post by Twin Axes »

I will be based near Malmköping, Sörmland. A bit of a hike from the west coast but if you're visiting Stockholm for some reason it's not too far away.
"[T]he dwarvern people, are machine-like, and it is impossible to reason with a machine." - Susana
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
Last edited by boombrakh on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pragmatic (adj.)
Twin Axes
Dungeon Master

Post by Twin Axes »

A Boom without his head to control him sounds dangerous, please do come.
Duck One
Orc Champion

Post by Duck One »

kid wrote:This from a candidate who responds to a questions with "Hahahaha!" give or take an H.
A true sign of maturity.

Could never understand how a group of such cool people have such an idiot as a friend.
Once upon a time insults and profanity merited sanctions. A lack of civility was deemed to be a reason for folks to leave. You can get personal with direct communication without splashing it all over the forums. I would urge making points with facts, logic, and reason here.
Duck One

Some guy who used to do some work 'round here.
shad0wfax
DM Admin

Post by shad0wfax »

Duck One wrote:
kid wrote:This from a candidate who responds to a questions with "Hahahaha!" give or take an H.
A true sign of maturity.

Could never understand how a group of such cool people have such an idiot as a friend.
Once upon a time insults and profanity merited sanctions. A lack of civility was deemed to be a reason for folks to leave. You can get personal with direct communication without splashing it all over the forums. I would urge making points with facts, logic, and reason here.
NECRO! :dead:

I looked for a zombie smilie but there wasn't one.

By the way, if you think this political platform thread is out of line, you haven't been digging very deeply; this thread is cuddles and kittens compared to some we've had. (For example, no one was baselessly accused of multiple federal felonies in this thread.)
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
Last edited by boombrakh on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pragmatic (adj.)
Swift
Mook

Post by Swift »

shad0wfax wrote:By the way, if you think this political platform thread is out of line, you haven't been digging very deeply; this thread is cuddles and kittens compared to some we've had. (For example, no one was baselessly accused of multiple federal felonies in this thread.)
There is nothing that has happened in the last five or six years of ALFA that could hold a candle to the stuff Duck and the other decade+ members of ALFA used to see on an almost daily basis ;)
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Swift wrote:
shad0wfax wrote:By the way, if you think this political platform thread is out of line, you haven't been digging very deeply; this thread is cuddles and kittens compared to some we've had. (For example, no one was baselessly accused of multiple federal felonies in this thread.)
There is nothing that has happened in the last five or six years of ALFA that could hold a candle to the stuff Duck and the other decade+ members of ALFA used to see on an almost daily basis ;)

Yup Yup :eek: it use to be downright scary at times
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

Yeah, I think things are pretty civil compared to when I first joined up, haha.
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
Last edited by boombrakh on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pragmatic (adj.)
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Post by FoamBats4All »

boombrakh wrote:Civility is boring. I miss the old ALFA where people had opinions outside their own private little groups.
Your signature is hilariously amusing, found where it is.