Boombrakh: the Q&A saga

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

boombrakh
Githyanki

Re: Boombrakh: the Q&A saga

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
Last edited by boombrakh on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pragmatic (adj.)
The opposite of idealistic is pragmatic, a word that describes a philosophy of "doing what works best."
From Greek pragma "deed," the word has historically described philosophers and politicians who were
concerned more with real-world application of ideas than with abstract notions. A pragmatic person
is sensible, grounded, and practical.
Adanu
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Adanu »

So you're saying that PCs and DMs are one in the same?
First Character: Zyrus Meynolt, the serene Water Genasi berserker. "I am the embodiment of the oceans; serene until you summon the storm." Zyrus: http://tinyurl.com/9emdbnd

Second Character: Damien Collins, the atypical druid. "What? Being a stick in the mud is boring. No pun intended grins"

Western Heartlands HDM: On break. PM for emergencies
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
Last edited by boombrakh on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pragmatic (adj.)
The opposite of idealistic is pragmatic, a word that describes a philosophy of "doing what works best."
From Greek pragma "deed," the word has historically described philosophers and politicians who were
concerned more with real-world application of ideas than with abstract notions. A pragmatic person
Adanu
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Adanu »

Gotcha.
First Character: Zyrus Meynolt, the serene Water Genasi berserker. "I am the embodiment of the oceans; serene until you summon the storm." Zyrus: http://tinyurl.com/9emdbnd

Second Character: Damien Collins, the atypical druid. "What? Being a stick in the mud is boring. No pun intended grins"

Western Heartlands HDM: On break. PM for emergencies
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

I'm asking question i was really curious about.

Though the somewhat mocking answer just makes me wonder why I even bothered.

Good luck.
If people DM where they play I guess I'll just stop playing.
Yet another reason to vote Boom.
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
pragmatic (adj.)
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

This from a candidate who responds to a questions with "Hahahaha!" give or take an H.
A true sign of maturity.

Could never understand how a group of such cool people have such an idiot as a friend.
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
pragmatic (adj.)
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Oi vey... is this really necessary Kid? I've seen a lot of stuff on these forums but your remarks here are unbelievably bluntly insulting and personal.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

I honestly started with no ill intent.
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

danielmn wrote:Speaking of forced will....do you have any comment on the poll that shows 3/4 of alfa are actually against the proposition, Boom?
Copied from another thread. You obviously see people threatening to leave as forced will, but don't see you pushing forward a proposition that most alfans don't agree with as something different. Explain to me, if you will, the difference.

2. You would have us trust everyone in the community. Cited from another thread....
FoamBats4All wrote:The one sample we have of allowing DMing where you play on ALFA has resulted in that DM cheating.

The guy who is running for DMA on the platform of DMing where you play also cheated while he was HDM.
Would you not agree, that once trust is broken, it is not easily earned again? Given these two examples, do you really think the statement is wise, to trust everyone? Also, if you were DMA, and an HDM pulled something like what you pulled previously, what would your coarse of action be, to maintain a fair and balanced playing field for ALL ALFANS, not just those you like, or are your friends?

3. What rules, if any, would be put into play with the proposition of dming where you play? What restrictions would there be, and what consequences would be rendered if trust was once again broken?

4. Given that you abused power previously as HDM, why should I and the rest of Alfa trust you, once again, in a position of power that could be abused? Fool me once....shame on you.....
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
Last edited by boombrakh on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pragmatic (adj.)
Xanthea
Dungeon Master

Post by Xanthea »

As a person who votes solely based on the amount of drama that the elected official will provide for my entertainment...

Will you continue to be a source of drama once you are elected or will you fade into obscurity and do little to satisfy this desire on my part until your term is up?
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
Last edited by boombrakh on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pragmatic (adj.)
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

So will you be logging in to play during US evenings any time soon Boom?