Rumple and Cyb0r

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Re: Rumple and Cyb0r

Post by CloudDancing »

I always thought the general ESRB notice on the game covered it all. Something to the effect of "due to the nature of this game content is always changing, be advised there is no standard or rating of in game content."

It is also not surprising to me that due to the complex construction of NWN2 that the type of data one could use to have legal issue with content and players has not produced any lawsuits as far as we know.Thus an indignant person has to rely on a wisely taken screenshot (which could be fabricated or presented out of context) OR produce a section of a hard to find log file which is a text file which can be fabricated or presented out of context.

It goes back to an old, old argument, one that pissed off one of my good friends and long-time Alfa foundational personages.

We function on one simple assumption:

Players are adults.

General knowledge of the internet and anecdotal tales of Alfa long-past point that that has not and is not always the case.

BUT...

Players here also function under one unique commitment; to stay in character and roleplay down to the bitter end of whatever events befall them.

So for example I have gone WAY overboard with characters for the sake of RP. I have gone along with DMs flights of fancy to places I NEVER wanted to go (Ask me some time about the demonic ghost twin baby instant pregnancy childbirth thing someone pulled on me OR Caine's uncle blackguard who was a were-bear.)

The point is there is this tremendous obstinacy to STAY IN CHARACTER.

So in the process of manifesting and possessing (as we dms call it) your PC, you become them. And all aspects of the magical world suddenly become your tools.

And a moment of love or lust or passion is suddenly hard to ignore or resist because just like real life, it happens.

You must stay in character.

And nothing will ever be the same again.

If you want to protect your kids from that, don't play multiplayer games, stay out of MMOs, and definitely don't play any Bioware RPGs.

As for a DM, spawn a rat, giggle, and run away. Better yet, spawn some herpes.
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

Staying in character could include a "Fade to Black".
Last edited by Rumple C on Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
12.August.2015: Never forget.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Obviously every single one of the gross out moments were illustrative examples of Sexposition ala Game of Thrones, and therefore, absolutely essential to the greater good of the narrative.

/sarcasm off
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Xanthea
Dungeon Master

Post by Xanthea »

You never know what's going to happen when you fade to black, though.

You're in a bedroom fading to black one moment and when the next scene arrives it's three days later and you're on a cargo ship bound for Chult.
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

That's called starting an adventure.
12.August.2015: Never forget.
Swift
Mook

Post by Swift »

Ithildur wrote:Obviously every single one of the gross out moments were illustrative examples of Sexposition ala Game of Thrones, and therefore, absolutely essential to the greater good of the narrative.
We were ahead of our time, clearly.
Spider Jones
Pit Boss

Post by Spider Jones »

Looking for cyb0r buddy on MS, aged dwarf druid seeking company, please send tell!
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

Spider Jones wrote:Looking for cyb0r buddy on MS, aged dwarf druid seeking company, please send tell!
I know of a few nice-looking rocks who'd enjoy getting hammered by the right dwarf.