Note posted around the Gate

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 10 DM

talonbreak
Dire Badger

Note posted around the Gate

Post by talonbreak »

This parchment is posted on various boards and such in Baldur's Gate.
Attachments
Parchment.JPG
Parchment.JPG (159.77 KiB) Viewed 5387 times
Last edited by talonbreak on Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Characters:
Samuel Kirkson

Dead Characters:
Fror Ironstar~ eaten by a Dire Boar at Friendly Arms Inn
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Re: Note posted around the Gate

Post by Ithildur »

((can try to make it for a couple of hours before going into work; I don't suppose the time can be bumped up an hour earlier?))
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

Ithildur wrote:((can try to make it for a couple of hours before going into work; I don't suppose the time can be bumped up an hour earlier?))
I could set my alarm to wake up so I can join this at 5am. Although I am not so sure that I am able to brave a 4am wake up. :)

That said, if people want to/can start earlier, do so. If it is possible for me to jump in when i come online, then everyone wins. :)
pragmatic (adj.)
The opposite of idealistic is pragmatic, a word that describes a philosophy of "doing what works best."
From Greek pragma "deed," the word has historically described philosophers and politicians who were
concerned more with real-world application of ideas than with abstract notions. A pragmatic person
is sensible, grounded, and practical.
puny
Dungeon Master

Post by puny »

(( is it a one shot -be there or be square?))
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

((actually sat mornings probably won't work well for me as I only have a 3 hour slot even with an hour earlier start; folks probably want something beefier/more wiggleroom))

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

(( perhaps unknown to average readers is that Samuel didn't get permission to post this or to bring "adventurers" to the Silver Spires. Folk who aren't welcome there normally [e.g. followers of evil deities, especially traditional enemies of Selûne like Shar, Malar, and Umberlee] won't become welcome there because a random dude put up a flyer and skipped town.

Also, Ith, it's Saturday evening for U.S. times. It's Sunday morning in Europe. ))
talonbreak
Dire Badger

Post by talonbreak »

Out of Game:

Heegz is starting this for Saturday nights around 11PM EST. So it should be ongoing. :)

He has mentioned setting up a low level group for WHL; also a mid level group & high level group for BG.
Current Characters:
Samuel Kirkson

Dead Characters:
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

If high levels are not an issue i'll try and be there as well.
If it gets crowded I can bow down.
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Wow, I really need to get my contact lense prescription updated (and/or get more rest); it's pm eh? *rejoices*

Count me in.

talonbreak
Dire Badger

Post by talonbreak »

Out of Game:

Definitely all levels are going to be handled, this first meeting is a general call to get people involved. From my conversations with Heegz this is going to be an ongoing thing taking up were he wanted to start a while ago. :)

We are looking to make three groups and have missions to do outside of the Saturday sessions as well.

As for differing faiths and such, I am chatting with Heegz about that. The Red Knights are of course LN and if people can work with that, we can work with them.

As to the time this is kicking off, I would email Heegz and ask if you can join later/earlier. I am quite sure the wonderful and fabulous Heegz would work with you.

This is of course all subject to our Lord of Strategy and Mayhem: HEEGZ!. I am the simple PC side of things trying to help coordinate some fun for all to have!
Current Characters:
Samuel Kirkson

Dead Characters:
puny
Dungeon Master

Post by puny »

((I cant join this week, but im really intresting of joining up with something regularish)
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

As for differing faiths and such, I am chatting with Heegz about that. The Red Knights are of course LN and if people can work with that, we can work with them.
There's a wide variety of people who are inoffensive to a random follower of the Red Knight who are not welcome in a Selûnite temple-- and it is important to note that the presence of these flyers does not change that circumstance.

The rest can be worked out in character, but I don't want anyone to have the idea that there will be a protective bubble of metagaming because there's a forum post about it.
talonbreak
Dire Badger

Post by talonbreak »

Out of Game: looks like Heegz had some issues on Saturday night. I hope we can try it again next week!

Thanks for all who showed up!
Current Characters:
Samuel Kirkson

Dead Characters:
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

talonbreak wrote:Thanks for all who showed up!
Was going to show up, but I was up all night preparing for PnP and then slept right through the alarm at 4am. :/

Who knew you needed more than 1.5 hours of sleep?
pragmatic (adj.)
The opposite of idealistic is pragmatic, a word that describes a philosophy of "doing what works best."
From Greek pragma "deed," the word has historically described philosophers and politicians who were
concerned more with real-world application of ideas than with abstract notions. A pragmatic person
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

Also: A non-directed side note on all that schtuff Zelk is throwing around with deities, alignements or whatever and people rubbing up against polished moon-pillars.

I am sure that characters who are devout followers of deities who doesn't work well in social situations with Selûne don't want to be loitering in a pompus moon-palace anyways. I really don't think it's that important to make such a big deal out of pointing that out. Then again, Zelknolf might be correct in pointing it out because you can't be sure that people in this community know how to roleplay their characters correctly and needs to be instructed on how to do so.

Anyways, carry on!
pragmatic (adj.)