Tavern Tales and Rumours

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 10 DM

kid
Dungeon Master

Re: Tavern Tales and Rumours

Post by kid »

The people of Darfleet are in a bind...
Something has gone wrong with the vermin cave just at the outskirts of the little village, something that cause the various vermin to flee.
It all started with a huge spider busting through the caves mouth at noon, flailing, killing a near by cow in a frenzy before a large group of farmers managed to bring it down with flaming arrows.
Since then various creepy crawlers have been showing up here and there, burrowing through the ground or scurrying through the fields, risking the lives of the workers and most of all of the village children, who are mostly ordered to stay indoors.
The farmers are scared senseless and send requests of aid to the nearby Gate.
So far none has responded to the call.
Some of the farmers swear that they can hear far away deep groans coming from deep inside the cave, but none have been brave enough to venture inside and confirm it.
/// EL 9,
Meaning, for a group composition equal to four people level 9 this should be fine.
Any less that than, this might still be doable, but dangerous, XP will be granted accordingly. Please do not solo this (even if you can).
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by CloudDancing »

*her cornflower eyes roll up to the Barkeep, slightly narrowed, as a long-fingered hand moves to gently stroke the pommel of her longsword*

"Did you just say giant spiders?"
SwordSaintMusashi
Mook

Post by SwordSaintMusashi »

A group of mis-matched adventurers journied into the cavern outside of Darfleet. Not long after, they all emerged, laughing and singing songs of 'land sharks' and 'mating'. A dark-skinned woman was proudly proclaiming to have wrestled some massive creature to the ground.
Current PCs:
Zova Earth Breaker, Monk of Rasheman
Alyra Ashedown, Knight Commander of Silverymoon
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

So little time has passed, and the people of Darfleet are again troubled...
Late at night, or so they say, an Ogre sneaked into town, grabbed one of the farmers, and forced the poor man to relinquish all of his livestock - three cows - and grains and flour gathered over the last year.

The farmer has nothing to offer, the ogre, wandered over behind the hill taking with him a small fortune in grain and cows, leaving clear tracks behind him.

No bounty was offered.
------------
/EL 3 or below, fitting a well peppered group (3+) of level 1-3.
Others should ignore this as best they can.
XP will be granted accordingly.
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

A man and a woman limp back into town bloodied from head to toe, they can be over heard talking about some two headed gigantic ogre that attacked them out in the cloakwood hills then ran off .
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

A scout traveling to Baldur's from the nearby Citadel stumbled upon ogre tracks and followed them, a short hour later the scout headed back into Darfleet, carrying a large, near year's supply of flour and grain.

The scout reported he found an abandoned camp, three dead, mostly eaten cows, and a dead ogre, female he says, that seemed to have been dying slowly over the course of the last few days from some old wounds. Tracks of another Ogre led away from that camp and deeper into the wilderness. Seems like that as soon as the female one died, the other left, back into the wilds and away from the village.
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

In the dead of night, a cloudy, chilly night at that, a horrid shriek was heard echoing through the silver spires.
The guards who shot their eyes up towards the sound managed to see a shadow passing, swift and shapeless, tearing through the clouds, releasing another bone wrenching faraway cry, before vanishing into the moonless night.

Elsewhere, a small womanly figure cringed before a white bearded scowling face. The larger figure leaned over, its heavy icy breaths sending a chill through the woman's spine. "I... I don't know, father. She saw through my words, she saw through me wholly, I... I'm sorry." The woman's bright blue eyes looked up and up and up, before meeting that stern icy stare. "Surrender..." The large bearded creature muttered with a spiteful, rumbling voice. For him it seemed that word was interchangeable with the word the smaller woman dared utter before him. "Peace." She thought to herself, not daring to repeat it thought. "Not surrender, father, she said... peace..."
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

Citizens of and visitors to the Castle District of Baldur's Gate find that some very intensive construction taking place. One of the estate homes has been sold and it appears that extensive renovations are being done. Workers are hesitant to answer any questions regarding the work being done, but rather direct passers-by to the sign that has been erected in front of the site:

COMING SOON!!

Branja's Better Boutique

Bringing you the best from Baldur's Gate and Beyond!
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

Something have stirred an unrest at the gnoll-lands down south.
Many a gnoll bands are reported to be sighted along and around the tradeway between Beregost and Nashkel and are making merchants and city officials uneasy.

One problematic group is sighted between Beregost and Gullykin, and guard captains of both town have offered payment for those willing to have it removed.

Another larger and more dangerous group has set up camp on Uldoon trail, and has been assaulting large merchant caravans on the tradeway before turning back to their hideout in the mountains.
The merchant league offer a contract for the removal of that threat.

However a few knowing scouts reported that the cause for all the trouble is that it seems that the gnolls have been driven out of their stronghold, which is known to be somewhere north of Nashkel.
Nashkel officials have offered significant payment for exploring and removal if needed of that new threat that lurks there.
----------------
ELs 5/7/12 respectively
The more people you bring the more XP i'll give.
Loots and spawns are in place.
Sidenote: The 12 might be littered with 4-7 ones along the way, so... enjoy!
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

Travelers between Gullykin and Beregost are warned to beware.

A merchant returning from the halfling village reports that he had trouble near the marshy area along the trail. He relates over drinks in Feldepost's that near the bridge over the marsh the water seemed to come alive to attack his mount. The poor beast was felled, but the fellow managed to escape as his steed was being devoured.

The merchant goes on to say that he managed to lose some of his belongings that were strapped to his saddle, but Tymora's fortune allowed him to retain most of his things.

Encounter set. CR 7-8ish.
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

Around the caravaners and tradestops, talks around fires all seem to center on one thing of recent.

"I tells ye, it were's big as a boulder, it was....Imagine bigger, you stretch out the wings on it. Points everywhere, teeth, wings, talons! Just layin there by the road it were. Someone done killed a Dragon an left it by tha road!!!"

An old grizzled wagon driver retorts.

"Weren't no dragon, ye daft son of a shite shovler! Were a Wyvern....had feathers an whatnot. Still, a Wyvern be a fearsome beast. I'd not want ta see one alive....or meet whatere killed it!"
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by CloudDancing »

*a carefully written note posted outside on the board reads Masterwork plate armor for sale. It is of fine make and design. Please inquire with Sir Caine Kross at the Sword and Stars. Fair offers will be considered.
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

Posted on the missive board, at the Office of Missives in Baldur's Gate, a new pronouncement appears.

"Praten of Greatworm, now healing those afflicted by maladies. Also providing healing to those who are injured in battle. For a small fee, he can alleviate minor medical problems! Seek Praten across the river of Darfleet in his camp. If he is not there, feel free to leave either written message pinned to his tent, or a message with one of the locals!"
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
shad0wfax
DM Admin

Post by shad0wfax »

Rumors are flying wildly in Baldur's Gate that the wizard known as Toby Menzer is not only a foul necromancer but also a perverted defiler of the dead. A credible witness has gone to Duke Eltan with the serious allegation of necrophilia committed over several tendays within Toby's apartment. The corpse is that of his dead girlfriend, Kata, a barbaric fighter of some small repute among adventuring circles.

Further speculation among the populace suggests that he may be responsible for the death himself, though the Flaming Fist is not answering. All that any Flaming Fist mercenary will say is that Toby is wanted for unclean relations with a corpse.
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

shad0wfax wrote:Rumors are flying wildly in Baldur's Gate that the wizard known as Toby Menzer is not only a foul necromancer but also a perverted defiler of the dead. A credible witness has gone to Duke Eltan with the serious allegation of necrophilia committed over several tendays within Toby's apartment. The corpse is that of his dead girlfriend, Kata, a barbaric fighter of some small repute among adventuring circles.

Further speculation among the populace suggests that he may be responsible for the death himself, though the Flaming Fist is not answering. All that any Flaming Fist mercenary will say is that Toby is wanted for unclean relations with a corpse.
Upon hearing these rumors while stopped in a local tavern, a well known and well armed man speak up loudly enough to be overheard and cause a stir.

"I came upon the lad just after he found the girl mauled by a bear. I guarded them the whole way through the East Gates, and trudging right to the Temple of Tymora, where she was prepared for burial. I'll believe such rumors only when I see proof. I'm going to get to the bottom of this."

He was seen downing his drink quickly and stalking out to stunned silence for a moment before the dull roar returned to the 'Blade'.
The real Gonz.0
"Where morality is present, laws are unnecessary. Without morality, laws are unenforceable." -Anonymous

Horatio
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l157/ ... atio-1.jpg