Rivermoot News:

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 03 DM

dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Rivermoot News:

Post by dergon darkhelm »

Rivermoot News:

A few rides ago now:

Jurical, the Acolyte of Kelemvor covering for Priest Ra while he is away wa supposed to have performed a final death rites before interment for 8 of Rivermoot's dead. But the ritual, often attended by the villagers, was suddenly cancelled.

Gather Info 10 reveals rumors that the bodies have been lost or stolen.

Among the missing are the 2 fallen Legion men recently recovered by Rork and Wildak, 3 adventurers, a child, a beggar, and an old woman.
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Re: Rivermoot News:

Lizardfolk were reported on the Rauvin River road not far from the old orphanage.

Sergeant WIlson plans to send the next Legion patrol but advises caution to travellers for now.

dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

doublejay_1 wrote:As Wildak finished his sprint to Rivermoot, he realized that he still had his weapon -a brand new heavy crossbow- raised. Lowering it as he approached the gate, the thickly built Dwarf took a deep breath and while tugging lightly on his beard he spoke to the two men that bravely stood guard there.

"Men Lizards! They be out there boys" as he spoke he used his hand --the one missing two fingers-- to point towards the trail leading East out of Rivermoot.

"Started with me seein a dead bear on tha road. I looked around a bit an seen there'd bin a fite"

He stopped to take a quick drink from his flask then continued,

"I crossed tha riverr, an seen it maself! half man, half lizard i tell ya. Tha thing was stupid though. Came at me so I put'em down" Pointing at his crossbow he raised his voice a notch "This thingy here shot'em right in the hed!"

A large belch erupted from the Dwarf mouth. "Excussee me. Well..I Just thought I'd let ya know so ya kin tell ya boss."

"I'm off ta get me a drink!" the muscular Dwarf shouted as he began to walk away from the guard towards the inn, the ladies, and the ale...

dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

oldgrayrogue wrote:Dane, Xiu Li and the drunken dwarf Wildak stood among the trees peering across the river. They were certain there was some movement on the far bank, but could tell little more in the dim light. Sgt. Wilson had offered bounty and Dane's blood ran hot in anticipation. The warrior drew his massive greatsword as he stepped into the rowboat. "The dwarf can row. Have your bow at the ready Xiu Li. I smell an ambush." The boat barely made the far bank when several hissing lizardmen came charging towards them. Dane leapt from the boat bellowing a challenge, the battle frenzy taking him. Arrows whizzed by as he swung his blade in wide arcs taking two of the monsters down. Xiu Li was not so lucky, taking more than one arrow behind his charge, but as her blood ran from the wounds her bravery seemed increased. She charged the archers slicing with her strange curved blade swift as a serpent. Lizards fell to her left and right as the dwarf let his bolts, both magic and mundane, fly. Meanwhile, a lizardman adorned with strange beads, shells and arcane symbols painted on his flesh waved his hands in the night air and Dane felt his mind cloud over. As his thoughts cleared, the sorcerous lizard stood before him, its dagger stuck halfway through his mail and its grotesque tongue slithering. With a roar Dane brought down his blade, splitting the thing from shoulder to breastbone. He cut another down, cast his bloody gaze about and saw only his companions standing: Xiu Li quaffed healing draughts while the dwarf looked about nervously. Dane's breath came in gasps and thick blood ran sticky across the grass.

Dane shushed the dwarf as he began to shout, but then saw him pointing down the bank at several dark forms retreating at haste. "Shoot them down!" Dane bellowed. All three brought their bows to bear, then drawing their blades Dane and Xiu Li charged and in short order the riverbank stood quiet. Making their way back to the boat, they noticed the freshly slain bodies of orcs piled near the ambush site. Bound with reeds and shafts for carrying like prey from the hunt they were. They searched the bodies, and on the sorcerous lizard's person found a dirty scrap of parchment. Words in the language of Dragons written upon it: "Meet at the Gibbous Moon. Gifts for bodies." At least that's what the dwarf read the note to say. "Lets go" said the black clad warrior. "We tempt Beshaba lingering here amongst the dead." They tarried only long enough to collect the ears for Sgt. Wilson's offered bounty. Ten pair in all.

Back at Rivermoot Wilson listened to the tale stroking his beard in thought. "What of this note then? What do you make of it?" "Bodies went missing from the crypts not long past as well." The dwarf took a slug of strong liquor from a flask and exhaling sharply with one eye closed, his voice hoarse from drink, said: "Necromancy."

dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Mick wrote:"Back. As promised." Xiu Li stood in place, her only motion a deferential nod to the hin of Rivermoot.

"and..." Marshall continued for her. Rather, tried to continue for her. Unfortunately, the Kara-turan woman was already distracted by a pouch at her waist and his facilitation merely hung there. She eventually found two handfuls of what she sought and she cupped her hands together to present them as a whole to him.

The smell was almost unbearable. In her hands, she held several unrecognizable chunks of darkened flesh, some still moist and all caked in blood in several spots.

"Eight in all. Camped down the hill from the watchtower." She hesitated a moment with a shake of her head, then continued "Seven there. Killed another on the walk up. All yours." With that, she urged them toward the hin. Kadalion recoiled at the intensity of the stench of the things. He found himself wondering if she'd brought noses as ordered, or instead had chosen assholes to bring back as a joke. He glanced this way and that, looking for something to receive the repulsive trophies. He must have been taking too long, because after a moment she urged them further, making contact with his chest. He felt his face contort reflexively against the rancid odor.

He glanced up to the woman's face and realized she wore the slightest hint of a smile. He was tempted to think her somewhat attractive when she unceremoniously dumped the orc noses at his feet. He kicked off one that had perched on his boot and then looked back to her. Her smirk was now gone, replaced with the all-business demeanor she usually wore. He marveled at the switch only briefly before returning to his own businesslike tack.

"Right. Ten per is what we agreed, yes?"

"Is, yes." She followed with a curt affirming nod.

"Very well." He opened up his small lock box and quickly counted out the sum. Handing it over to her, he continued,"the path to Fourthpeak is clear, then. Have your assurance on that?"

"Never said that," she offered quickly with a slight shake of the head. "Said it is clear of orcs far as the watchtower. Would have to venture again to know about Fourthpeak." Her hint of a smile returned, actually somewhat charming. "More dangerous. More coin required."

There it was. The mercenary within the maiden. Such warmed his heart and he could not help but offer a smirk of his own as he nodded once his agreement. "Aye, lass. More coin."

dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Kordin Or'Bannos a local fisherman who is known to bring in the biggest catch of rougefish to the market from his secret fishing spot has fallen badly ill.

He is being ministered by the acolytes of Tyr and house in the Barracks building.

dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Marshall Kardalion has warned against travel across the Rauvin River even for people he had previously tasked with investigating the moors.

The number of lizardmen reported in the area is now considered a true danger.

(( OOC -- If you have one of the Rivermoot scouting quests into the Evermoors please do not pursue it at this time .... there are potential additional hostiles in the are ))

dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

A foreign woman has been about the village interrogating many locals, raising some eyebrows.

By rumor she is asking details about recent Riverboat passengers, supply purchases, outbound direction of travelers, and the racial make-up of groups entering and exiting the city.

Grumbled the Ticketmaster, "Wants to see a manifest does she? I've got her manifest right here" *balls up his fist in a vaguely threatening manner*

Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Ptolem puts the word out to off duty Militia and Militia 'reserves' (i.e. Adventurers who have earned their Militia Badge), and any other willing men or women who wish to join him, to form a prepared negotiation force to approach the growing Lizardman threat along the Rauvin. His intentions are not to charge into slaughter but attempt to negotiate. He is also far from stupid or unwise, and fully expects the encounter to escalate into a battle since the Militia have always attacked the scouts along the river whenever the Lizardmen approach too closely to the trade road.
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

The fisherman Or'Bannos has taken a turn for the worse.

Also, a number of locals as well as some Argent Legion guards have fallen ill to a similar malady.

The need cur disease curative magics is outstripping the availability.

A local holy warrior by the the name of Ptolem is said to be readying a trek to Silverymoon in effort to obtain what helpful aid he can.

dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

xxxxxx

dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Word has it that an Argent Legion caravan headed our from Rivermoot to re-supply the Fort at Fourthpeak has not returned at the time expected.

The missing men from the supply mission coupled with an outbreak of winterchill fever among the troops has led Sergeant Wilson to seek the aid of mercenaries willing to investigate the cause of the disappearance and aid the waylaid men if possible.

dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Burial ceremonies in Rivermoot this day given by Father Arclight of Tyr for the two Argent Legion troops whose remains were recovered along the Frost Hills trail to Fourthpeak.

Soldiers Belicia Fleck and Fallon Gowl will be laid to rest in the crypts.

Thanks go to the local scout who goes by the name "Dirk" who investigated and brought word of the orc attack on the supply caravan.

Unfortunately, four soldiers remain unaccounted for. Sergeant Wilson is offering reward for those who can bring information regarding or, hoping against hope, rescue the legionairres who have yet to return. Theese include Erol Wabot, Morton Wabot, Aruta Bartar, and Sergeant Jelissa Strohl.

((OOC - I am looking to run something for this Wednesday 2/17. Most likely time is afternoon/happy hour US east .... feel free to catch me on Discord if interested ))

dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Local farmers have been reporting that a large dragon has been flying overhead.

Zemhart Al'Teel even says that he saw it grab a full grown sheep in one huge talon and fly off.

( an encounter is set )

dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Heard in the tavern:

"I don't know what in Bane's blazes them adventurers were talking about! They're in here all contratulating each other on killing that dragon last night....

...and what I see just this morning? A dragon flying over head!

Them be lying liars tellin' lies, I tell ya'!"