Newsheets - Lurue News

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 03 DM

orangetree
Dungeon Master

Newsheets - Lurue News

Post by orangetree »

A single sheet of paper, to provide some good news and gossip around silvermoon, edited by Alice Gardon foot.

About the author:

Hey! You reading my gossip sheets? Yay! I'm so happy! My name is Alice, I am a worshiper of Lurue. That's Silverymoon to you! Yep. So what else? I got magic, and I like to go on adventures. But I wouldn't be much of a worshipper if I didn't give the people that live here some news on what I do. So here we go! Naturally I probably can't give you all the bits and pieces as they happen cause well.. adventuring folk wouldn't trust me, and barely trust a wild spirit as me any way. A line one has to walk precariously in this work and world, but life is far too short to just sit back. So first of all rules (Groans- yeah I got a rule or two, can't put stuff out without a few) I will write nothing here that puts our guard, the Royal FAmily, or the People of silverymoon at risk. We live in one of the few societies that allow us certain liberties, and I will not jepordise that. What else.. eh, I will not put out anything I know to be false. Mistakes if they happen, will be recrified. Hey, sorry if I hurt you.

Story one: The Paper is born!

Lurue news is made! Hin starts paper! Will get into some trouble for it later! (X X) Read the exclusive interview by Alice, by our Interviewer... Alice?

"So Alice, why did you start this?"

Alice: I wanted to make a paper for everyone to read! And to know when stuff is going on. I figured it would be fun. I was sad when I felt no news happened of my dead kin some time ago and it took ages for a family to find out what happened too. I figure if we had some proper channels to work with, this stuff won't happen again. We have a obituary section to be filled out."

"You sound really upset about that. Isn't this overkill?"

Alice: "Hey, I have the right to mourn a loss of life in any way I see fit. Everyone else forgets the dead, but I believe everyone matters! So yeah, I'm starting a paper and spreading news and gossip with it."

"And are you not worried of upsetting people?"

Alice: "Not really, I upset people all the time. I'm good at that."

"Sound a bit negative. You don't 'enjoy' upsetting people do you?"

Alice: Of course not! I rather we were all good friends. But hey, if I am critical it's only because I care for silverymoon, kin and country/ I will take and write and help all i can!"

"Any jobs on offer to the paper?"

"Well I could use another interviewer. Doing this myself feels weird. Enquire around! Witnesses too, or anything really."

"You sure you could keep this up?"

"Oh sure. Well maybe not. This might be the only edition, but let's see what we can work with."

- - -

Story 2 - The Hundred Dead Lizardmen!

Witness: Alice

A party has gone and killed over a hundred lizardmen! I saw it! I saw piles and piles of dead bodies near the farms of Rivermoot. A dangerous area to be sure, and there were just so many. Green blood on the grass, so I think there might have been a lot of blood there. After they killed half of them, the leader of the group- called Arizma, attempted to negotiate with the lizardmen. I personally saw a tribe of thirty five strong lizardmen. Negotiations failed! Group was attacked! Another group dead. So we put it to the adventuring group: Aspiring heroes keeping the peace, or are they dangerous warmongers? Lizardmen of course have to be cleared from the roads otherwise caravans will be attacked. Can't have that... but to kill a hundred of them? We sending the right message here?

Sightings of a unicorn!

No sightings have been confirmed. Seekers still continue to look for her beautiful visage.

obituary

Lizardman with scroll of endure elements. Sorry we had to kill you. I used your scroll to help protect others!
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Re: Newsheets - Lurue News

Post by orangetree »

Exclusive interview with Gerald!

What do we know about the quiet man known as Gerald? He's a good magic user, and a personal bodyguard to the absolutely gorgeous Vila. Someone I have actually shared a drink with, and can vouch that she really is as beautiful as they claim! (sorry side tracked- but if only I can write a picture for you...) We press Gerald on an analysis of the battle with the Lizard men and to get some insight on just what the heck is going on.

Gerald is firm in his belief that the adventuring group had little choice to act as they did, given the nature of these lizard men. He personally attempted to negotiate with one of their kind, but they simply attacked. Attacked without provocation! I decide to ask him about the failed negotiation tactics:

Gerald: "… perhaps others with more skill in diplomacy might succeed," Gerald is quoted to have said.

"Any plans to ask for such people? Silvery-moon has many who could offer such assistance."

Gerald: "Well we actually went to speak with the druids about this, and my understanding was they refused to help."

Strange and stranger! Druids refused to help keep the peace? It is further found that the lizard men are fleeing due to a contamination in their lands. Why are druids not helping in this matter? Enquires continue!

Gerald expresses his sadness at the loss of life, but is affirmed that what was done was very necessary and helps to protect the land.
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

((typos intentional! mostly..))

image upload no compression
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

Interview with Ayla:

"to what do you attribute this success to most?"

"A great many people willing to defend their country...and seek peace instead of war."

"second question.. do you think this peace you have negotiated can last?"

I can only hope so. The previous peace brokered with the lizardfolk tribes of this forest has lasted for close to four years. I don't see why it won't last again."

"third.. the farmers here were willing to fight the battle themselves.. why do you think they felt compelled to, ans was it wrong?"

"I feel that in the presence of a seemingly overwhelming foe the people sought any means necessary to make themselves feel safe. and while it is never wrong to do so, it is only with proper guidance that they can do so safely and effectively. This is not to say guidance from a ruler...but from someone willing to give them true, inspiring attention and teach them not only how to wield their weapons, but when to do so.

"What deal has been struck with the lizardmen exactly? did we have to give anything up?"

"The lizardfolk of the Evermoors just wanted to return to their homes: their water source cleansed, they can do so now. The lizardfolk of the Moonwood remain our allies, as always."

"...any suspicions on what caused this situation in the first place?"

"We know what caused it in the first place. A group of what we suspect to be necromancers had set up an alchemical laboratory in the Moors. Their golems likely escaped their control, and killed them. Over the years, the golems managed to wreck their laboratory, and poisonous, acidic toxins leaked into the water. Which poisoned the lizardfolk's water supply."

"interesting, so it was all an accident?"

"Yes, it was likely an unintentional side effect of this laboratory being left unmanned. If I may point out a question you posed to your readership?"

"sure, debate was the intention"

"You asked "where is the Queen's Guard" in all of this. Unfortunately, the Legion and the Knights in Silver are dedicating the majority of their resources to the refugees of Sundabar, and the volcano brewing in the north. However, there will always be those who will rise to the defense of the people when it is needed. It will unfortunately always be a issue of manpower."

Opinions:

A crisis has been averted, and ties made strong again. We must never forget that we are all part of the common good in the confederacy. There are many threats facing what we try to create. This is one of the most peaceful civil and tolerant places in all of faerun, it is worth protecting and keeping. Yes there will be moments people are not in the right places.. but if quaravaar ever felt concerned it was being neglected, it must think on today and what was achieved... a peace with the lizardfolk, such that could not happen anywhere else.
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »