Tavern Knowledge (III) - post your rumours and gossip here

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 03 DM

HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Re: Tavern Knowledge (III) - post your rumours and gossip he

Post by HEEGZ »

Brokenbone wrote:((OOC - (1) a corpse labelled "Gustavson" had no body-token etc. to move. (2) I thought the "mini-fort" was just a dense clump of infestation, bad feeling I actually stomped a DM pre-set.))
(( Another player and I crashed right before the fort last night. I was told the other PCs had to turn back, so those were probably placed by JLM for the party. ))
johnlewismcleod
Dungeon Master

Post by johnlewismcleod »

HEEGZ wrote:
Brokenbone wrote:((OOC - (1) a corpse labelled "Gustavson" had no body-token etc. to move. (2) I thought the "mini-fort" was just a dense clump of infestation, bad feeling I actually stomped a DM pre-set.))
(( Another player and I crashed right before the fort last night. I was told the other PCs had to turn back, so those were probably placed by JLM for the party. ))
((Yes, this.

I should have cleaned up in retrospect, but wasn't sure if the party was over or not at the time. If you had some fun, that's all that really matters anyway.))
I seek plunder....and succulent greens

[Wynna] Chula Lysander: [Talk] *Shakes head* I've been in worse situations. He was just....unjoyful! *stomps foot*

Retired PC's: Torquil, Gwenevere
Former PC's: Rugo, Flora, Rory Mor
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

A half blood warrior wandered down the hills reporting of scattered and wounded goblin forces.

The orc reports that while some goblin do remain hovelled up in the fort, and on the frosthhills trails, it also seems that many of the regular inhabitants of those mountains have began to try and make claim to their old treading grounds.

The tusker reports aggressive bands of gnolls on the northern slopes, and monstrous ogres in a near by cave.

It seems however the goblins have not pulled back fully, yet, but while this battle for control takes place, one should be ware of more than just goblins in the mountains.
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

xxxx
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
ImStrokerAce
Orc Champion

Post by ImStrokerAce »

A posted note; written in flowing common script is posted on the doors of Highhold's and Rivermoot's Inn :
Adventurers, Heroes and Mercenaries...
I have been approached by interested parties about the recent increase in fellow travelers going missing on the road between High Hold and Rivermoot, someone or something is preying upon this stretch of road. It would seem that not all missing are helpless, as a few well-armed parties are reported among the absent. I would put unto you to assist in investigating and driving off this latest scourge, as to add what measure of security we can to this oft troubled land. I can be reached at the Rivermoot Inn most days and some nights.
*signed*
Dharros Avhoste

* The notes are removed*
Last edited by ImStrokerAce on Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current PC:
Mephis the Awkward Mage
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

A ragged and bloodied band made of two young men, a tall half orc with a top hat and a dwarven ... (perhaps female?) red from head to toe with blood (of her enemies it would seem, or she wouldn't be standing) rolled into High Hold sometime after sunrise.
The tall half blood was carrying what seemed to be a covered body of a small child.
The lot lingered in the hold a while, speaking of an army of gnoll, a ogre-gnoll ("Works of that gnome tricks I fookin' tell ya..." The tusker muttered) they've encountered and black men of high magic that were leading them.
The group muttered something about slavers and Zhentarim that operated from that ruined tower not too far from High Hold.
They sold a few items, exchanged a few others among themselves before a few turned eastwards towards the city, carrying that lifeless small body with them.

Reports were left with the High Hold sentries that more bodies of helpless victims were in that tower, and that the group had no means to deliver them all for burial.
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

A family in silverymoon received word of the death of their child. There are many reactions. Distraught, only a few snippets of statements could be heard. The followings statements were made.

An old man wipes a tear. "... She was very kind, loving.. and had a great deal of trust in those around her. She wanted to join the spellguard and venture outside the safety of silverymoon, hoping to prove to her family we... we could do great things out there like... like in the old days... but... she only found her death in too short a time. We thought she was only going to fight goblins and would be with experienced adventurers to take care of her. We thought she was safe... she was our child, and often spoke of what she had achieved. There.. there was a ring of light she treasured as the first thing she found, and she was well loved by the temple of Mystra. I.. I'm sorry. I can't talk any more."

There is another statement put out by a rather feisty individual. "I blame those adventurers! Those *%*%*%! They looted my sister before her body was even cold, stripped her naked and stole everything where she fell! They didn't even have the decency to tell us what happened! They could have protected her but didn't. They were arrogant 'children' not even thinking of her life or what effect it would have on us. I blame HER most of all for stupidly trusting them!" With a lot of tears the person runs out crying.

One other voice asks for a measure of calm. "Please forgive... Our.. our family is distraught. We ask that we be allowed to grieve privately... But hope.. maybe... her death would be a lesson to others. Her life was in the hands of strangers... it's true they could have done more, I think but... I don't blame them. She was too soft spoken... Please excuse us..."
Dorn
Haste Bear

Post by Dorn »

Yet another blood soaked party entered the muddy frontier town of Rivermoot led in by a woman that "fair stank of magic" according to the gate guard Huck (who as we know has a nose for these things). For this group, however, Sgt Wilson snapped to attention as Knight Commander Ironbeard also walked with them.

It was hard to hear, but the report to Sgt Wilson included something about humans poisoning the waters in the Evermoors and that being the reason the lizards had come north rather than any invasion, said gate guard Huck (who as we know has a bigger mouth than sometimes he should).

Later, the Marshall Kadlion announced to his people that the companions had all but destroyed the tribe of lizardmen who had crossed north from the Evermoors endangering the eastern farmlands and preventing aid and trade from coming via the vale road.

Several of the companions, those not already resting, smiled tiredly to the crowd as the Marshall led them in three cheers.

But, they did not seem overly merry. Far to the east a thick spiral of circling condors was forming over the lands near the Wands farm.
playing Nathaniel Ward - Paladin of the Morninglord and devout of Torm (cookie cutter and proud of it)
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

orangetree wrote:A family in silverymoon received word of the death of their child. There are many reactions. Distraught, only a few snippets of statements could be heard. The followings statements were made.

An old man wipes a tear. "... She was very kind, loving.. and had a great deal of trust in those around her. She wanted to join the spellguard and venture outside the safety of silverymoon, hoping to prove to her family we... we could do great things out there like... like in the old days... but... she only found her death in too short a time. We thought she was only going to fight goblins and would be with experienced adventurers to take care of her. We thought she was safe... she was our child, and often spoke of what she had achieved. There.. there was a ring of light she treasured as the first thing she found, and she was well loved by the temple of Mystra. I.. I'm sorry. I can't talk any more."

There is another statement put out by a rather feisty individual. "I blame those adventurers! Those *%*%*%! They looted my sister before her body was even cold, stripped her naked and stole everything where she fell! They didn't even have the decency to tell us what happened! They could have protected her but didn't. They were arrogant 'children' not even thinking of her life or what effect it would have on us. I blame HER most of all for stupidly trusting them!" With a lot of tears the person runs out crying.

One other voice asks for a measure of calm. "Please forgive... Our.. our family is distraught. We ask that we be allowed to grieve privately... But hope.. maybe... her death would be a lesson to others. Her life was in the hands of strangers... it's true they could have done more, I think but... I don't blame them. She was too soft spoken... Please excuse us..."
*Word eventually reaches the family that after an arduous and long journey, a trio of her adventuring companions finally arrived in SIlverymoon with her body. It was left with the Mystran church for her family to recover. Many of her possessions and belongings still remained with her, as it was thought the proceeds from the sale of such would help offset any material needs of those that survived her.*
Dorn
Haste Bear

Post by Dorn »

A tired young man and stout dwarf trudged into the Quevarr from the west covered in the dirt of long travel and the marks of battle.

The folk of this embattled town are desperate for news from outside and hidden ears skulked nearby as a report was delivered to the Lieutenant.

The two had spent almost a moon scouting the northern marches wary of dangers while the Legions and other eyes were turned to the Lizards and to the east.

They had travelled from Rivermoot, to Settlestone, and Fourthpeak, then into the mountains and Mithrall Hall and finally through Winters Edge and the Moonwood to the logging village.

The goblin incursion in Fourthpeak and down the southern pass seems stunted. Fourthpeak Fortress is empty aside from corpses and the goblins encountered were the normal hill stock rather than the well armoured and strong tribe threatening the west not three moons past. They scouted the western passes, with a cleric of Selune, to ensure they goblins had not turned their attention to Settlestone, but that retaken town was safe.

The two suggested now is an opportunity to send a defensive force to hold the empty fort and re-open the lines of supply from Rivermoot to Settlestone. The dwarf, called Bhaer by the young man Nathaniel, had suggested as much to King Breunor in Mithrall Hall.

There were, however, uncommonly large numbers of humanoid and other creatures in Fourthpeak and to the east of the northern passes beofre the Moonwood. Orc, bugbear and ogres all seemed to crowd the ways. Worryingly humanoids were also found at the very gates of Mithrall Hall and the commanders suggested regular harrying. The two seemed to take some pride in denting these numbers considerably, but were wary of the large numbers. It could be just an aberration in tribal conflict and movements, or something else.

They suggested a Legion scout, or better still a Rangers of the North, be dispatched to watch movements.

Winters Edge seemed unconcerned and untroubled.

The dwarf Bhaer immediately travelled on to Feldbarr to the surprise of those who know the rigours of the northern trails, while the young man Nathaniel collapsed into the a bed at the Inn and was not seen for a day.
playing Nathaniel Ward - Paladin of the Morninglord and devout of Torm (cookie cutter and proud of it)
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

Returning from his own lengthy scout of the trail from Rivermoot to Fourthpeak and Settlestone, the elven ranger Corelas confirms these reports. He advises that the Fort at Fourthpeak has now become a wolves den in its abandonment, and surely the Legion can spare a few able bodied soldiers to man it. Hearing the reports of the lands between Fourthpeak and Winter's Edge, he sets out immediately to scout that area, leaving word with the Legion at Rivermoot of his intentions.
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

Another group descend from the peaks, and while they confirm the elf scout findings regarding the fort, they seem to have some new troubling word about various undead, spectral and others, roaming the peaks.
Mainly the mention one undead being, that seemed to be ablaze. No weapon could harm it, no magic touched it, and the group report they have retreated from the creature.
The small band mutters in hushed voices about a danger of old that looms again, about a war against the dead... and the names Rathalan and Alyra, among other long lost names are mentioned in hushed urgent voices.
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

Returning from the hills, the elven scout Corelas reports to the Legion that he encountered giants in the hills across the river from the mountain path to Fourthpeak. He put three arrows in one giant at range and it raged across the river to chase him for some miles before he was able to shake it from his trail. All travelers should be warned.
Dorn
Haste Bear

Post by Dorn »

Dented armor and shields and the mark of worry on their faces marked Arizma, Lili, Ailith and Nathaniel entered Rivermoot.

A brief conversation with Sgt Wilson was overheard, and then repeated in the tavern.

Fourthpeak has been lost to the walking dead...and to shadows who suck the very life from those they touch. Even the baying of the gnolls on the mountain is silent. Noone knows where Hrafan and the rangers have gone. All pray.
Settlestone is under threat with skeletons intercepting a close patrol. The Dwarves, having only just retaken Settlestone, believe it is dangerous enough that they are considering pulling back to Mithrall Hall. Nathaniel and others were particularly rocked at this given the losses the dwarves felt retaking Settlestone.
And a shadow even fought the party as close as the northern hills above Rivermoot! Though no other undead were seen until well back into the passes.

Nathaniel left immediately afterwards by fast horse to Rauvinwatch Keep, on behalf of Settlestone, asking for any aid able to be sent, but knowing it was difficult given how remote and now cut off Settlestone is.

He then continued on to the Fort of the Knights in Silver, Rhyster Matins and the Temple of the Loyal Fury to suggest aid.
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

I weary pair can be overheard speaking of a trip back from Settlestone

The Fort is still overrun with shadowy undeath, though they all seemed to surccumb to the blade and bolt quickly enough.
the lower reaches seem as yet untouched as there were goblins and kobolds in abundance.

But at Settlestone its self there was a ghostly visage seen gazing out over the ramparts as if ready to protect it. The dwarves there seemed unwilling to discuss it but did not seem overly alarmed at its presence either. It seemed to be that of a man in armor but was hard to tell for sure.
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin