Dwarven News

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 03 DM

danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Dwarven News

Post by danielmn »

Word travels to both Mithral Hall and Settlestone of Drow being spotted between Fourthpeek and Rivermoot. With the news comes the suggestion that a small contingent of dwarves be posted with Dav and Hafren at the Fourthpeek Lookout in case this problem spreads. The exact location of where the Drow came from has been reported. Talhund Ironbeard is also expected to take this news with him to Felbarr in the coming days.
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Re: Dwarven News

Post by danielmn »

Word has come to Settlestone, Fourthpeek,the Star Tower Garrison and Mithral Hall of the dead walking along the passes near fourthpeek. From reports from Garlus, it is said these dead cannot be destroyed by normal means, as he himself hacked at one for over half an hour. It seems that the dead reform and rise. Garlus has warned that any kin travelling through the passes travel in numbers, and to bring fire or vials of acid with them, as that seems the only true way of disposing these creatures. Between the Drow sightings and the undead sightings, Garlus has strongly advised that sentries of kin be posted at fourthpeek as well, to keep watch with Hafran and Dav.

Beyond this, Garlus has reported the nature of the disease being spread, and how it can be stopped to Settlestone, Mithral Hall and Fourthpeek.

It is also been recommended an envoy share this news with the Black Ravens and the Grey Wolves, as it pertains to the wellfare of their tribes as well.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

Word is brought to Felbarr that the recent outbreak of plague has spread to the animals. Some have been seen near the gates of Felbarr itself. All travelars are warned to travel in large groups and carry torches for the disposal of any diseased undead that are found.

danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

Word is brought to Felbarr of recovered dwarf crates due to a recent dwarven respresentation of Felbarr in a joint effort to recover a lost patrol of Legion soldiers. These mostly empty crates are still clearly marked with clan sigils and in the Eagles Nest, awaiting such time as trade becomes normal again. The majority of their contents remain at large.

danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

Word travels to Felbarr of a possible werebeast sighting lower in the pass between the city and the Eagles Nest. The gate guards have since been armed with a quiver of silvered arrows, and all traffic to and from Felbarr has been advised to keep a close watch out for the beast.

danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

Word has come in from the passes to Felbarr from Kaxanar Finellen and Talhund Garlus that the grays of Laduguer have made their presence known. The grays are said to be excellent marksmen, and the use of spells to make themselves unseen, grow in height, and to fling fire were all used. It is also said that Helm Dwarffriend has locked that gates of Sundabar in preparation for the grays his own guards have seen.

danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

Word spread around the small enclave of Settlestone that Talhund Ironbeard brought in a prisoner, though what the charges are and why he was and remains unshackled and free to roam the town is a mystery. Still, the gate guards will be the first to say that the man is not allowed outside of the town, and he is no danger to the townsfolk.

danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

Muted whispers abound and a minority of dwarves are seen to be looking askance at the Knight in Silver contingent in Felbarr. News of the lawlessness within Silverymoons walls and the lack of action have reached dwarven ears, and it is questioned weather the Knights themselves would not better serve where they were actually needed, instead of the cold post they currently hold at a citadell that could readily repulse any small or medium incursion.

danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

It is spoken in Settlestone that the great hulk Davaigny Mirek of the Fourthpeek watch, at great personal risk that almost ended in his own demise, recovered two dwarven bodies on the path in between Fourthpeek and Settlestone. The body of a local barakor, Kusil Blaberen, was delivered to the temple of the Revered Mother, where the deliverer Ironbeard was said to be seen giving the dwarf his final rights. It is rumored that the half-orc, for his brave actions, might recieve a non-legion commendation from the dwarves of Settlestone for his efforts.

danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

Garlus Ironbeard could be seen traveling through the gates of Felbarr with his recent friend Raulk Coldhammer behind him on a litter. After an elaborate sendoff, the Talhund entombed Raulk beside his brother within the crypts of Felbarr to await transport back to his own people. It is rumored the Gold dwarf was found near Settlestone, injuries indicative of local gnolls.

danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

Vaelahr wrote:King of Citadel Felbarr, Emerus Warcrown, attended a Council in Silverymoon and then returned home, accompanied by his Royal Guard. Storn Silverbite, a member of Warcrown's Guard also present at the council, was among the returning party.

Crossbowman Thorik of Clan Silvertrail, son of Gauntum the Goldseeker, is said to have been felled by orc ambush while mountaineering with Kaxanar Finellen.

danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

Many days after the death of Thorik SIlvertrail near Felbarr in the protection of a mage in performance in the Dean's Quest, Felbarr guard Storn Silverbite is brought to Felbarr by Talhund Ironbeard, dead to goblins during duties to King Warcrown, hauling up and down the Pass. Some wonder why a Yearling was sent to do the task, as the Pass is known to be a dangerous place...

danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

Citadell Felbarr's gemmers are abuzz, as a large influx of polished and cut stones have been handed over in exchange for coin by Talhund Ironbeard himself. It is rumored no less than two hundred stones of all shapes, sizes and colors poured out of his chest as he laughed in warmth at the gemmers amazement. It is whispered that the coffers of Felbarr were opened to the Talhund for his amazing collection, while a few of the most prized stones were given to Talhund Gemsetter himself. The gemmers are hard at work in mirth themselves, busily setting stone to ring, chain, pommel and helm. Talhund Ironbeard promised another delivery of such quality within the year.

danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

It is whispered quietly in Felbarr the recent tremors and cave slides were cause by the minions of elves and a giant.

Also rumors abound of a possible new mine cave near at hand, as well as the end of troubles with the multitude of lizards that have recently sprung up around Felbarr.

It is also whispered that Dean Vihul himself is dead or missing, though anyone that would believe that would be classified by Captain Durnen Stonehallow as a "Dunderhead".

danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

Felbarr was gripped in panic, as the quakes that had recently taken form because of Xorn nearby gave way to a tremendous quake last eve, that shook every dwarf sleeping out of their bed. The Small enclave of Talhunds led by Talhund Gemsetter was busy throughout the rest of the night and through the early hours of the morning, pulling kin from the mines and securing the shafts underneath the ground. Against all odds, some say because Dumathoin himself sheltered his charges with his own cupped hands, not a single kin perished during the quakes, though some were in need of mended leg or arm. The guardshift, already on high alert since portals had been spotted within the Anvil itself and an elf has supposedly gone missing through one, are on high alert. Many patrols of dwarves are to be seen entering and leaving the Citadell, some probing nearby within the rocks of the plain of Felbarr, other patrols reaching as far as Sundabar and Auvendell. Most of these patrols can be seen with one of the many scriveners of the Xothor, carrying ink and map scrolls. Any within the patrols themselves would know these scriveners are charged with scribing any new routes that can be found because of the quake. The Talhunds themselves say that the event is far beyond Dumathoins displeasure...that the God of the under himself, the great Grumbar, has stirred momentarily. A great outpouring of more than a thousand dwarves was seen to wind down the Pass toward Auvendell to give praise to Grumbar's work at his shrine, while the Talhunds also sang praise to both Dumathoin for his protection and Grumbar, for it is said the quakes have opened up new veigns of both metal and gems within exsisting mines. It is even said that the silent Grumbar most likely alerted the also silent Dumathoin of the event beforehand.