Booted before I even start

If you have any technical question about how to run NWN2, this is the forum you need.
Relic
Shambling Zombie

Booted before I even start

Post by Relic »

So, I try to log into BG in NWN2, and I get booted. I finally saw a screen that said "Booted because CD Key doesn't match records" or some such. I know I've been gone for a long time, is there any way to reconcile this?
Magile
Otyugh

Re: Booted before I even start

Post by Magile »

Relic wrote:So, I try to log into BG in NWN2, and I get booted. I finally saw a screen that said "Booted because CD Key doesn't match records" or some such. I know I've been gone for a long time, is there any way to reconcile this?
First and foremost, make sure the nwncdkey.ini has been edited to have your current CD-Keys registered.
If you repurchased the game via GOG, you will have a different CD-Key registered than when you first played in ALFA - you will have to have FoamBats4All reset your CD-Keys on your account, which takes only a few seconds.
If you are using your old CD, go back to the first step and make sure the nwncdkey.ini has the proper keys in it - otherwise, contact FoamBats4All to reset your CD-Keys on your account, which takes only a few seconds.
Part of ALFA since May 2000.
NWN 2 PC (BG): Layali Mae (Arcane Trickster)
NWN 2 PC (MS): Marius Lobhdain (Druid)
Curmudgeon in IRC wrote:(2:29:40 PM) Curmudgeon: The community wants 24/7 DM coverage, free xp, and a suit of mithral plate mail in every pchest.
Relic
Shambling Zombie

Post by Relic »

Thank you, I sent Foam a message with my CD Keys, hopefully it will work.
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Post by FoamBats4All »

For future reference, I don't need your CD keys to fix it. In general you shouldn't share those with people, now that it's our verification process.

I've updated the database to match your hash though. You should be able to log in. If you can't, please send me another PM.
Relic
Shambling Zombie

Post by Relic »

Ok, it worked, thanks for your help.