How do I control creatures en masse

If you have any technical question about how to run NWN2, this is the forum you need.
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

How do I control creatures en masse

Post by dergon darkhelm »

Sorry for the barrage of njub questions.

I seem to recall being able to control a whole group of spawns for movement ... but now I can't figure it out.
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Re: How do I control creatures en masse

Post by oldgrayrogue »

I think you need to be in strategy mode.

Then you click a spot on the ground and hold and drag to draw a box around the group of spawns you want to control. Then you can control them all at once.

Hope I am remembering this correctly.
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Re: How do I control creatures en masse

Post by Zelknolf »

Use the client extension, ctrl+drag on the CE map to select many; middle click the map to move (if not clicking an object) or interact (if clicking an object).

I believe ctrl+shift+click works to adjust current selection? I'd likely have to fiddle with the thing to remember how it goes.

Avatar-based eyeballing is usually horrible if you're trying to manage NPCs in tactical ways. I wouldn't recommended it. Or I guess I'd recommend lots of pausing if you do.

When monsters are doing weird maneuvering and coordinated pincer attacks happen in my DMing, that's how I'm doing it. Select many; middle click them around to stage their ambush interestingly; middle click the tank. AI takes over and targeting starts going more normally.