Help a new playah out! (Mac)

If you have any technical question about how to run NWN2, this is the forum you need.
TheOriginalMew
Goblin Scout

Help a new playah out! (Mac)

Post by TheOriginalMew »

Hi!

I'm Nicki and a newly approved player. I want very much to play on ALFA, however, there doesn't appear to be a Neverwinter 2 Complete available for Mac. I have been told you are the technical guru of the group. Is there a ways to get the equivalent of this for Mac? I do not have the funds for Parallels and Windows7. So that's not an option. :/

Look forward to hearing from you!

Nicki (The Original Mew)
Swift
Mook

Re: Help a new playah out! (Mac)

Post by Swift »

Accord to the Wikipedia pages, the expansions were not released for the Mac. Even if that is wrong, I could find no listing for them at all with any retailer, even those who had the base game in stock for macs.

Aspyr Media are the ones responsible do the original NWN2 for Mac but they did not continue on with the expansions.

Unfortunately, a windows partition is really the only way to get the expansions that ALFA requires, as that is the only platform the games were released on.
Hialmar
Fionn In Disguise

Post by Hialmar »

You can copy over the expansion data from a Windows version of the game to the Mac install and it works.
I know because I did it.

Now the problem is to buy the Mac version. It is no longer sold online (by the Mac App Store or other means) because of licensing problems between Aspyr and Atari IIRC.

So the only solution is to buy old boxes that you may find on eBay, Amazon or in physical stores.

PS: that's what I answered to TheOriginalMew PM.
Regas
ALFA Representative

Post by Regas »

just an fyi, this is probably obvious but NWN2 runs great on a IMac using bootcamp.
Game spy ID: Regas Seive
GMT -5(EST)