Screwy Journal

If you have any technical question about how to run NWN2, this is the forum you need.
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Screwy Journal

Post by dergon darkhelm »

All of my journal "quests" seem to have lost all of their text. They are just blank gray bars with a " - " sign on them.

I am unsure what happened and even less sure of what I should do now.
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Re: Screwy Journal

Post by CloudDancing »

I too witnessed this on Caine in BG after I just At'd. I did'nt check back because I went to bed right after.
Aitana
Dancing Queen

Post by Aitana »

This seems to a problem everyone is having. Also because of this quests do not seem to be giving xp. Anyway, I put in a support ticket, not sure what is happening from there.
Mikayla wrote:ALFA is truly the Magic Kingdom
Ronan
Dungeon Master

Post by Ronan »

Gah sorry. The campaign folder on the DM FTP had a module.jrl file in it, which will break quests and journals on any server the folder is on. I've removed the file and re-uploaded the folder. Just copying the new folder over the old one may not remove the offending file because OSes often try to "merge" overwritten directories. If any other servers have this problem they should just delete it manually.

Restarting BG now.

At least we know the campaign folder is being read? 'cause we can't seem to spawn any of its resources from the creator :( Haven't had time to mess with it and figure out why.
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

Journals restored to normal. :)

It does appear that any quest completed during the perior of weirdness *is* registered as completed, although no XP was given for completion.

But best I can tell all fixed now :)
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1