Graphics glitch on BG server

If you have any technical question about how to run NWN2, this is the forum you need.
mogonk
Dire Badger

Graphics glitch on BG server

Post by mogonk »

I'm experiencing an odd issue. On entering the first IC area of BG, I can only see game objects on the upper left quarter of my screen. The rest of the screen displays the HUD just fine, and some background stuff like water, starry sky, etc. But buildings, characters, and so on don't show up. They're there, I can see them if I turn so that they're displayed in the upper left corner.

I didn't have this problem in the starting area when I logged on. I haven't had any similar issues in the OC. I'm using an NVIDIA 9800 and max graphics settings (same configuration I used in the OC).
darrenhfx
Beholder

Re: Graphics glitch on BG server

Post by darrenhfx »

I have run into this problem too and you might be able to fix it with an update of your video drivers. I have a different set up than you but I know that some of the other 'fixes' were to either turn off the sky with DebugMode or rollback your drivers to a version that works.

I noticed the problem when I first tried SoZ and then when I logged into Western Heartlands. I haven't had a problem yet (knocks on wood) with Moonshaes.

I'll post a link to a forum discussion I read through when I encountered the problem.
darrenhfx
Beholder

Post by darrenhfx »

mogonk
Dire Badger

Post by mogonk »

Ah, thanks a lot.

Apparently, the debug mode approach has to be done every time you change areas, and since I need server admin permissions in order to toggle debug, that doesn't seem practical.

Some of the people on that thread you linked to claim one should use the latest drivers, others suggest rolling back to an old version...so I guess this will take some trial and error on my part. :?

Edit: Installing the latest driver fixed the problem. Idk what it is with Obsidian's games and driver incompatibility issues. Thanks for the help.
Lucifer
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Lucifer »

I had an 8800GT Had to roll back to previous driver to cure that problem..it was never an issue afterwards. That was a year ago and it hasn't been a problem since.