Forming New Group

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 10 DM

kid
Dungeon Master

Re: Forming New Group

Post by kid »

Guys, i wanna try and run a first step of a minor plot i've got in mind (guesstimate 4-8 sessions).
Mostly crawly type thing - with IC breaks between sessions - I.e not everyone needs to be in every session,
but that means I'll need to set prior to starting, which means a time frame will help.

Let me know if there's interest. I would like to get with some DM or other and get some practice on combat controls before as I am rusty... But other than that I'm good.

Whatcha say?
A. Interest?
B. Times?
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
Xanthea
Dungeon Master

Post by Xanthea »

Sure. If there's isn't a huge level disparity involved.
Heero
Beholder

Post by Heero »

Maybe.
Heero just pawn in game of life.

12.August.2013: Never forget.
15.December.2014: Never forget.

The Glorious 12.August.2015: Always Remember the Glorious 12th.
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

Well, I would suggest those that want to be involved...might want to get in game and actually meet members of OGR's group, to start with.

As for level disparity, the highest level in the group thusfar is the level 6 cleric, however, the toon is extremely underpowered, as all physical stats are lowish, feats taken are support feats (read augment healing/crafting), and spells memorized are support spells by and large (read remove disease, lesser restoration, mass aid, stabilize ect).

There is interest!

I can play any point beyond 2 pm est on weekdays. I prefer not to play after 12 pm est, as I get up at 5 am to go to work. Fridays is not likely doable at this moment, as I've a heegz session on TSM (though I could do afternoon early evening). Available weekends.
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

Best times for me are Mon thru Thurs between 9pm and 12 midnight Eastern US time. I can go past midnight, but not much.
Lokan
Dungeon Master

Post by Lokan »

Ill be around tonight for some DMed RP and settle up items found last week. No worries if noone can make it.
Current PC: IS NOT Dent Jars
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

THanks for stopping in Lokan, that was fun stuff! I get a good feeling for your NPC's!
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
ImStrokerAce
Orc Champion

Post by ImStrokerAce »

kid wrote:Guys, i wanna try and run a first step of a minor plot i've got in mind (guesstimate 4-8 sessions).
Mostly crawly type thing - with IC breaks between sessions - I.e not everyone needs to be in every session,
but that means I'll need to set prior to starting, which means a time frame will help.

Let me know if there's interest. I would like to get with some DM or other and get some practice on combat controls before as I am rusty... But other than that I'm good.

Whatcha say?
A. Interest?
B. Times?
I can bring along Zash if needed/wanted for this.
Current PC:
Mephis the Awkward Mage
Irindel
Shambling Zombie

Post by Irindel »

My level 1 Wizard is up for the run. Mostly weekends.
Name Imarius.
SCI-kick
Gelatinous Cube

Post by SCI-kick »

Well, this group has been ignored and thus eliminated.

Those who can have self-made doll houses have prevailed.

If you play a PC in a way that disregards alignment, you are doomed.

Shank is lonely, and has no friends who say "fuck this system". But, he still will fight for whoever wants to pay coin, or maybe just for fun. OR what they once called "adventurers".

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

SCI-kick wrote:Well, this group has been ignored and thus eliminated.

Those who can have self-made doll houses have prevailed.

If you play a PC in a way that disregards alignment, you are doomed.

Shank is lonely, and has no friends who say "fuck this system". But, he still will fight for whoever wants to pay coin, or maybe just for fun. OR what they once called "adventurers".

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Dude. Not cool. How others choose to play the game shouldn't impact on -your- fun. I guess all that "pipe smoking" has left a bad taste in your mouth.

(Alfa is littered with player groups that never got going beyond a few sessions. It's hard to organize people to turn up regularly. Especially when peoples play styles differ. Pointing fingers when you should be looking at your own actions doesn't help.)
12.August.2015: Never forget.
Dorn
Haste Bear

Post by Dorn »

There are...about 3 PCs in TSM I know what are alignment 'loose', but hang out with some goodies once a week. Maybe take shank north?
playing Nathaniel Ward - Paladin of the Morninglord and devout of Torm (cookie cutter and proud of it)
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

I'm not sure what's hoped to be accomplished with a post like this.

If the proposition is meant to be to convince those players to drop what they're doing to join you, that's a pretty terrible offer. To the sort of person who waits things out in the sorts of patterns that produce high-level characters, your group is probably two weeks of furious activity followed by six more weeks of attrition to nothingness. That's just the standard arcs of posts like this, and they all look the same when they start. Probably better off letting it pass and seeing what the next one looks like; might hang out with those ones before they collapse like the ones before it.

I might suggest trying to rally people to a cause that's compatible with the people who are already on the server. That tends to increase your options, and you're more likely to endure slumps in activity if you have a reliable player to hang out with.
SCI-kick
Gelatinous Cube

Post by SCI-kick »

Zelknolf wrote:I'm not sure what's hoped to be accomplished with a post like this..
Don't mind me... Just getting bored. I guess I like to get everyone riled up with pleas for a darker setting. Anyway, if anyone wants to play a more dangerous style with Shank on BG, let me know.

I mean, I'm practically begging a DM to kill him.
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

Frankly, this was a fun group while it lasted. I had 3 or 4 PCs die and end up buried under Praten's tree in this group. All of them went out in the course of high risk adventure. That's epic in my book.

If Mick and Lokan were still DMing on BG they wouldn't be ignored either. But alas, all good things come to an end.

There should be room for all play styles and all alignments on our servers. Some folk like to play the long game and aim for prestige and longevity. Others like to come on like gangbusters and go out like a roman candle. BOTH can be fun, and neither side should be discouraging the other style of play. Live and let live, or err die =P