Against the Spirit

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 10 DM

Analogkid
Ogre

Re: Against the Spirit

Post by Analogkid »

I didn't realize this would be starting so early. Earliest I could get home might be 5:30 PM PST.

Update: I should be able to make it home by 4:30pm-5:00pm at the latest
"Cast in his unlikely role....ill equipped to act"
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

It's late, I was on the DM client on TSM most of tonight so I don't know if anything got squared away BUT my impression is it seemed like there weren't enough key players on at the same time tonight to settle some things that should ideally be squared away before the session starts.

In the interest of facilitating things tomorrow I think it would be safe to assume word would have been spread amongst the folks that have been discussing this the past week or so (not a public announcement!) on the following points:

1. The time has come to deal with this threat; gather at (oocly unspecified time) by the East Gate those who have committed to this task in facing the Spirit and the other threats associated with her. The destination is expected to be the sewers beneath the city.

2. A priest of Lurue will be present to provide powerful wardings against the deadly threats that will likely be faced. The number of such wardings is not without limit, likely no more than four or five if even that many; those who can provide their own such wards whether through their prayers or items magical are bidden to do so.

3. Unconfirmed rumors speak of Teresa of Selune being willing to provide similar wards. However she will most likely not set foot within the city limits, hence gathering near the East Gate.

4. Shadows cannot be harmed with plain, mundane weapons of ordinary quality; it is likely the spirit herself cannot be harmed without enchanted blades. Prepare accordingly, though a supply of temporary enchantments, along with wards that can provide some defense against incorporeal attackers, will be provided.

5. There may be other parties encountered, specifically hostile spellcasters whom little is known about but who may have ties to the shadows and the spirit herself. An attempt to take one alive to interrogate has been suggested.

6. If the Wood Elf says to give him room to scout, give him room. If the Sun Elf says to give him room, give him room. Unless you are flame resistant.

7. The level of danger likely to be encountered is extremely high; each one takes their life in their own hands if committed to this effort. Say your prayers, compose a will, and put your affairs in order. You have been forewarned.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Adanu
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Adanu »

Any word on when the next attempt would be?
First Character: Zyrus Meynolt, the serene Water Genasi berserker. "I am the embodiment of the oceans; serene until you summon the storm." Zyrus: http://tinyurl.com/9emdbnd

Second Character: Damien Collins, the atypical druid. "What? Being a stick in the mud is boring. No pun intended grins"

Western Heartlands HDM: On break. PM for emergencies
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

I think that sounds good Ith,

I'll be around a bit earlier to chat if we need to finalize a few more things.

Main thing i'm not sure about is silence and how/if we use it.

Also, we'll be heading in in daylight I believe, at least at first, as it might prevent wailing.
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
Audark
Owlbear

Post by Audark »

Berendil's Intent:

Set out at Dawn, if delayed, set out absolutely no later than noon or we must wait for the next day

Death Wards are needed for all going below, Berendil will not stop anyone from coming but will be pretty grumpy about anyone insisting on coming without a death ward. The reason for this is not only the banshee but the great number of shadows previously encountered. "Hanging in the back" will not be effective protection from this great a number of shadows as they easily flowed past the front line last time and we couldn't kill them fast enough.

Silence spells Berendil considers backup but does not think they will be of much use against a wail. That is why the daylight raid, when a Banshee is supposed to be weakest. Silence spells should be held in reserve and used to thwart possible enemy casters or used on our own melee combatants right before wading in against the banshee itself.

The greatest risks Berendil believes are 1) delay, in which wards will fail and 2) unknown spellcasters which may dispell wards.

Target priority must always prioritize enemy casters, even above the Banshee itself.

I will try to be on a few hours early, and at worst should arrive on time for the session.
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

Mick wrote:OK. We are going to shoot for an 1800 CDT start time on this Friday, the 15th. It seems to be the time that will be most attended. Please have your lead-up shopping and RP done before the session starts (i.e.-have at least some plan.)

Also be aware that I am on call the night before and may end up having to stay late to finish up any work that finds me. If that is the case, then we will proceed at the later (2300) time.
Sad to say, this is the start time for my kid's Tae Kwan Do class, I will have to miss. I'm bummed, it was my intent to be there. I will try to make other arrangements, but doubtful.
The real Gonz.0
"Where morality is present, laws are unnecessary. Without morality, laws are unenforceable." -Anonymous

Horatio
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l157/ ... atio-1.jpg
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

In case anyone's missed this, note that DM has ruled Death effects will not get the benefit of the -6 floor.

Also it has been speculated ICly that getting slain by shadows may lead to a very very unpleasant fate.

cheers! :coffee: :hic:

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

Ithildur wrote:In case anyone's missed this, note that DM has ruled Death effects will not get the benefit of the -6 floor.

Also it has been speculated ICly that getting slain by shadows may lead to a very very unpleasant fate.

cheers! :coffee: :hic:
I just want to copy this to stress the veracity of the points made.
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

Thank you very much mick.

Hope you guys have fun.
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

Appreciate all your efforts on this campaign, Mick.
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Thanks Mick, for patience aside from everything else last night.