Apologies to Dm/Players in the UD Campaign

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 10 DM

CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Apologies to Dm/Players in the UD Campaign

Post by CloudDancing »

I feel like I owe everyone an apology.

Seems everytime I go into the Underdark on a campaign some sort of horribly awkward thing happens and everything ends up in a tangled mess. Not sure if that is some sort of curse on the UD of Sshamath laid upon it by it's madly clever creator.

Anyways I had been planning to let Shadowfax know this weekend I had to pull out of the campaign after missing two sessions due to real life demanding my attention.

Then I was informed Layla had made for the surface IC (but somewhat OC) so I followed suit, not really giving the dm time to respond to the situation that led to these events last Friday being that the two ladies had made a pact to follow each other anywhere if things went bad.

I did my best to make reparations IC with the dm. So I just wanted to say, sorry if it seemed I just bailed on the whole thing. There were IC precedents behind all this and I was functioning on my usual knee-jerk responses to abandoned campaigns.

I did not leave because SF is a bad dm. He is a good dm and I liked the adventure. All the players were very good too. I'm sad Argos died like he did. Always very annoying when iconic characters die to random fate instead of down in a blaze of glory.
boombrakh
Githyanki

Re: Apologies to Dm/Players in the UD Campaign

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
Last edited by boombrakh on Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pragmatic (adj.)
The opposite of idealistic is pragmatic, a word that describes a philosophy of "doing what works best."
From Greek pragma "deed," the word has historically described philosophers and politicians who were
concerned more with real-world application of ideas than with abstract notions. A pragmatic person
is sensible, grounded, and practical.
Mikayla
Valsharess of ALFA
Location: Qu'ellar Faen Tlabbar, Noble Room 7, Menzoberranzan, NorthUnderdark

Post by Mikayla »

The collapse of the party was not your fault Cloud, not at all.

In the beginning, I (Layla) said something to the effect that if Aglaril left our party, we were doomed and Layla would go back to the surface. Then Aglaril left, and Layla stayed anyway. I then mentioned IC that if we lost Caine, Layla would leave, but I knew that if Caine left, Layla would probably stay anyway.

The one loss I did not conceive of, because I knew he wasn't going to quit, was Argos. Losing Argos, however, was it for Layla - Layla does not have some specific grudge or fear against the illithid - she was down on this quest for the very reasons she said when asked by Argos and Aglaril - she was here to make friends and earn companions. But with Argos gone, there was no reason to stay in a place she did not like at all. Argos' demise was the demise of the party I think.

Such things happen.

As for Layla taking off, Argos had, IC, made Layla promise to take all the information thus far gathered to the "Unbroken Order" in Citadel Felbarr should Argos perish. With Argos gone, Layla left to do just that - and to get out of the Underdark, which she hated.

It was bad luck Argos died. Certainly not your fault.

Shadowfax was more than willing to run the campaign for the rest of us, even without Argos, but for my part, I would have to break character for Layla to stay and that was too big a leap from what she would do for me to make. Others (Zova) had different view points. Such is life.
ALFA1-NWN1: Sheyreiza Valakahsa
NWN2: Layla (aka Aliyah, Amira, Snake and others) and Vellya
NWN1-WD: Shein'n Valakasha
SwordSaintMusashi
Mook

Post by SwordSaintMusashi »

Boom: The campaign is still going, you're not alone down there.
Current PCs:
Zova Earth Breaker, Monk of Rasheman
Alyra Ashedown, Knight Commander of Silverymoon