(( Underdark Dungeon Crawl Roll Call ))

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 10 DM

Mikayla
Valsharess of ALFA
Location: Qu'ellar Faen Tlabbar, Noble Room 7, Menzoberranzan, NorthUnderdark

Re: (( Underdark Dungeon Crawl Roll Call ))

Post by Mikayla »

JMecha confirmed that Argos is dead. I am not sure the PCs will easily get confirmation of that, but Argos has apparently been dead for a week of real time. I am not sure how long that is in game time, but my intent is to RP it as Argos went off into the Underdark alone out of Barrenrock, and, after a week (or more) had not returned, leading to the assumption that he was dead.

In-game, Argos had made Layla promise to fulfill a certain task for him should he perish, so Layla is off to go fulfill that task on the assumption that Argos being missing for so long means he is dead.
ALFA1-NWN1: Sheyreiza Valakahsa
NWN2: Layla (aka Aliyah, Amira, Snake and others) and Vellya
NWN1-WD: Shein'n Valakasha
Brokenbone
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Brokenbone »

*pours out a flask of Kanaglym water for his dead homie*
ALFA NWN2 PCs: Rhaggot of the Bruised-Eye, and Bamshogbo
ALFA NWN1 PC: Jacobim Foxmantle
ALFA NWN1 Dead PC: Jon Shieldjack

DMA Staff
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Dangnabit! :|
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
Last edited by boombrakh on Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pragmatic (adj.)
The opposite of idealistic is pragmatic, a word that describes a philosophy of "doing what works best."
From Greek pragma "deed," the word has historically described philosophers and politicians who were
concerned more with real-world application of ideas than with abstract notions. A pragmatic person
is sensible, grounded, and practical.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

boombrakh wrote:
Ithildur wrote:Dangnabit! :|
Notice how this happened AFTER Aglaril left!
I know! I didn't get to loot a single corpse. :(

More serious note, big bummer for JMecha... nothing worse than losing a PC that was planned to play a leading role for a particular plot/campaign just as the campaign's starting up... painful memories.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
Last edited by boombrakh on Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pragmatic (adj.)
The opposite of idealistic is pragmatic, a word that describes a philosophy of "doing what works best."
From Greek pragma "deed," the word has historically described philosophers and politicians who were
concerned more with real-world application of ideas than with abstract notions. A pragmatic person
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
pragmatic (adj.)
shad0wfax
DM Admin

Post by shad0wfax »

Brokenbone wrote:Hi.

First the obvious: condolences to SSM, hadn't noticed the sad news and would've said so in IRC if I had.

Anyhow, I am not part of this group, but if you're possibly having an adjustment in the "cast of characters", I might be able to make the odd Friday, such as tomorrow for instance.

The proposed character would be Bamshogbo of Mezro, known to Argos Klax at least. If seeking plausible IC excuses, the RP spell Sending is something Bam'd do from time to time with his long term "hunting band" (Q: Where you at? A: KNOW that I stalk the Enemy near location XYZ, as ought you.)

I don't know what'd be an opportunity to integrate, Bam is not the kind of character who'd just solo to Barrenrock or Sshammath for instance (metagaming anyhow to just take the route I know through other PC, Rhaggot). Maybe it's "wait til they surface and go back down with", maybe it's hitch a ride on some rare svirf caravan, maybe it's get kidnapped like a princess and hope that party happens to rescue.

EDIT / PS: Bam is a healer.
I have no issue with your character, or any character, being brought into the plot when it is convenient and makes sense from an in-character perspective. For now, I think the group, although smaller than originally planned, is still capable of making progress. They may or may not get to the surface to inform others of their findings. Some who have already left the Underdark may have news to share with Bam as well.
Hyme
Brown Bear

Post by Hyme »

Any chance my deep gnome can find a spot in this?
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
pragmatic (adj.)
Hyme
Brown Bear

Post by Hyme »

boombrakh wrote:
Hyme wrote:Any chance my deep gnome can find a spot in this?
Fuck yes! That'd be awesome :D
It'd be great to have you around again :)
First thing first I need to find Rerin bio.
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
Last edited by boombrakh on Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pragmatic (adj.)
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
pragmatic (adj.)
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Post by FoamBats4All »

Been pretty busy with real life, but should be able to make it next session.
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
pragmatic (adj.)