Griefer - guess will keep disconnecting from server ?

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 10 DM

oldgrayrogue
Retired

Re: Griefer - guess will keep disconnecting from server ?

Post by oldgrayrogue »

HEEGZ wrote:We can add the password back for a week or two until they forget about us.

This, I can't believe I actually spent time trying to welcome this a-hole to ALFA.
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Just to add some information about this person:

2 nights ago i saw "as123" login, TrentFromPunchy and I were logged in, I mentioned some of this to him in tells throughout the night playing.

as123 created a PC and started playing, I gave a friendly hello, and mentioned if he/she has any questions i'd be happy to help, as per the usual. I said go for it, don't run, have fun, don't solo, etc.

He had a few questions, about resting, etc, so I helped him out. He was friendly and asked many questions.

Soon after he logged out and made a new PC immediately. I mentioned to him in tells then he should review ALFA rules on the forum about the 2 PCs on same server among other numerous rules, but for now to make sure he knows that on 1 server, the most current PC made is the actual one and that previous PCs made within 30 days are considered forced retired and cannot be used again.

He played a little, everytime I saw him his PC was running, i nicely mentioned it's not really IC to do that - "unless" it really is IC to do that.... He still did it a little, not a big deal really, I knew when a DM sees it he'd be informed again.

I mentioned PC descriptions are big around here (for most players), and how to use the dynamic description tool, and explained how to get to PC-Tools, etc.
None of his PCs ever had anything more than the default PC description even after the lengthy explanation of how to change it.

I also asked him to read the descriptions of other PCs (if he liked to), which would give him of course some indications about the PC he's meeting in game. I asked him once later if he read my own description, and granted my own is very long, his reply was: "I read a few lines...".

He RP'd with Bu a little, and once tried to sell Bu the Horse outside the Blade and Stars - Bu said to him, "No, this horse belongs to the innkeeper here..." - his PC said he just bought the horse from the innkeeper (I nicely mentioned to him in tells that that kind of thing would need DM intervention, etc), he was polite enough, always saying "Sorry" when running or assuming things like buying the horse, etc. There were several incidents.

I tried for a long time to RP with him, but you know Bu, it got harder and harder, until his PC cornered Bu, so Bu got out of there after a little while - Bu gotta be Bu - and I stayed with him much longer than Bu would normally, faced with IC-lunatics - to Rp with him and help him both IC and OOC - but after a long long time, i reverted to Tells only as bu couldn't handle it any longer IC.

He then sent me a tell saying he didn't like his own PC now (after playing him for 10 minutes or so), and was going to go back and play his first PC. I nicely said for him to remember that he can't really do that, as when playing on 1 server, he can only play his most recent PC. He accepted that, again, and said he would just re-make a brand new PC. So he made a 3rd PC.

It went on for a long while, and I logged out eventually.

At the time, he really just seemed like a "new player not used to the ALFA rules" and not used to the hardcore RP expected here, and I know that is the purpose of the OAS servers (MS and BG now) for new players to try it out and see if they like it, and for players and DMs to observe and decide if this player is cool for ALFA. He seemed interested and kind of cool with the ideas I was describing for him.

But now that I see this thread, i'm a tad shocked he did the above. It appears he was just in to cause some grief in the end, when so many of his actions didn't fit maybe he got frustrated who knows?

I tried my best to make sure he knew we're here to help out and to give it some time, etc.

But...
If anyone can hak up a PC with 40s or 50s in each statistic this easily - and login and rampage the NPCs...... would rethinking the OAS situation be something to... re-think? I don't know. I'm sure that is exactly what this thread will end up doing. :) It's all good. Just shedding some more light on this as123 player, and my experiences with him two days ago.

Perhaps I might have known though, since his FIRST PC appeared through an AT in BG near East Gate, ran up to Bu who was standing near the Billboard there near the Post Office, and said:

"Fancey meeting you here!"

and quickly after: (before I could reply)

"Wanna go kill goblins with me later maybe?"

Bu said: "Umm...er.. it is dangerous... to hunt goblins sir."

He turned tail and said:

"Well fine, I guess i'll have to go by myself!"

(and he ran to the AT to leave BG - possibly thinking i'd chase after him, since as soon as he AT'd out, he turned around and ran back in!)

...and his second PC... after cornering Bu outside East Gate.... blasted Bu with a Magic Missile.
:chin:
(.......in his defense he said it was a missclick :) )
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

oldgrayrogue wrote:
HEEGZ wrote:We can add the password back for a week or two until they forget about us.

This, I can't believe I actually spent time trying to welcome this a-hole to ALFA.
I hear you OGR... I spent well over an hour to 90 minutes helping him out. As described above.

((now how do I give Bu 50s in all his stats again?))
:lol:
Ronan
Dungeon Master

Post by Ronan »

I spent about 15 minutes finding a PKed corpse and restoring its bic backup. Griefers are time-sinks.
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

Password is back on BG until further notice.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

There are some new players I believe that have been trying out BG/ALFA without issues; might be a good idea to touch base with them and suggest maybe they can play on MS in the meantime rather than suddenly locking them out without notice because of the problem guy.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

Hopefully they give MS a try. We just lack the time/energy to deal with the aftermath of griefing. Will drop password again soon.