Bug reports

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 10 DM

kid
Dungeon Master

Re: Bug reports

Post by kid »

As for the centipede one. Tried it. It's done nicely.
However, got a trigger about finding the den and that I need to report, entered den with by as I was on my way in and could not click away in time. Then turned back to report. It only gives me the option of "report nothing" even though my journal says I found it and need to report about it.
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

OGR beat you on that report; there's a fix that'll be in the next module update.
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

Temple of Garl Glittergold does not recognise Yondalla as an ally.

(also might be nice to signpost or note that one, as its easily missed)
Twin Axes
Dungeon Master

Post by Twin Axes »

After completing a static in Ruqel, one is given a choice of various items as a reward. I chose a Ring of Resistance +1, but when I got it it was unidentified and unusable. Surely this is not as intended?
"[T]he dwarvern people, are machine-like, and it is impossible to reason with a machine." - Susana
shad0wfax
DM Admin

Post by shad0wfax »

Twin Axes wrote:After completing a static in Ruqel, one is given a choice of various items as a reward. I chose a Ring of Resistance +1, but when I got it it was unidentified and unusable. Surely this is not as intended?
If you have it identified, is it a valid item?

I can tweak the quest to reward an item that is identified, but my guess is that Zelknolf simply wrote it to reward an existing item, and most existing treasure that is not sold by stores defaults to not identified. I can get to this Saturday.
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

shad0wfax wrote:If you have it identified, is it a valid item?

I can tweak the quest to reward an item that is identified, but my guess is that Zelknolf simply wrote it to reward an existing item, and most existing treasure that is not sold by stores defaults to not identified. I can get to this Saturday.
The ring is actually a Ring of Fortitude +1 -- already been verified as valid; it's just that the item rewarding script doesn't try to identify the item (even though the NPC handing it to you tells you it's a ring of fortitude, and you picked the conversation option to say "Yes, give me the ring of fortitude.").

The Westra arc is probably similarly effected (it uses the same scripts); I intended to fix it by making a separate script to award the item and then immediately identify it, so we can reuse it for the other places that are likely effected. I've just been distracted by infestations.
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

In a twist, wild cats...sound like mice.
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

A group of three did the "Dessarin's Scourge" FAI quest last night (I think that is what it is called) and only the PC who delivered the killing blow to the boss bandit got a quest completion.
shad0wfax
DM Admin

Post by shad0wfax »

oldgrayrogue wrote:A group of three did the "Dessarin's Scourge" FAI quest last night (I think that is what it is called) and only the PC who delivered the killing blow to the boss bandit got a quest completion.
I've never been able to fix that quest. I may be able to manually advance the other two after checking logs.
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

shad0wfax wrote:
oldgrayrogue wrote:A group of three did the "Dessarin's Scourge" FAI quest last night (I think that is what it is called) and only the PC who delivered the killing blow to the boss bandit got a quest completion.
I've never been able to fix that quest. I may be able to manually advance the other two after checking logs.

It was my PC Fjor, Dan's PC Praten and Scikick's PC Shank, if you need to check. Praten delivered the killing blow.
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

A Dire Bear Lost Interest in a downed PC yesterday, moved away for a single round to attack another PC who went Invisable. Once the Dire Bear lost all other available Targets it turned around and ran back to Kill the downed PC.

Bug or Feature?
Current Characters: Aelenta Renvanith
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

jmecha wrote:A Dire Bear Lost Interest in a downed PC yesterday, moved away for a single round to attack another PC who went Invisable. Once the Dire Bear lost all other available Targets it turned around and ran back to Kill the downed PC.

Bug or Feature?
ACR level-- and a feature. That bear was hungry, that PC was food, and that bear ran out of things trying to fight it.
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

Awesome! 8)

Sorry to whomever lost a PC. I have just rolled up a level 1, so hopefully we can play together.
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

OK -- This one is a bit of my memory but ...

Snorri in Barrenrock gives out a static.

Been a while since I was ingame. I interacted with him and he said (paraphrase) How about you do the job I already gave you first?!'"

There's nothing in my journal saying what the job is and , to the best of my memory, it had something to do with a message to the Zhent outpost. But upon reaching the outpost and interacting with every PC there I could find I couldn't figure it out.

Is the static still active?

Can I get some help? :)
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
maxcell
Githyanki

Couple of .trx files on login not verifying

Post by maxcell »

.45mb of files, I could not get the messages since they go by so fast at the bottom of the screen. It looked like .trx files having to do with the Temple of Lathander in Beregost. Downloaded but could not verify so as of now I cannot log in.