DM Requests

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 10 DM

Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Re: DM Requests

Post by Ithildur »

Suggestion: perhaps make at least some of these new spells available as scrolls in shops so we don't have to take up DM time?
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Galadorn wrote:Hello, my PC Bu is looking for implementation of two custom made items he is enchanting for other PCs, please. Thank you BG!
Hello! RP for item enchantments complete. Just an un-expecting gentle FYI. Cheers!
Wild Wombat
Frost Giant

Post by Wild Wombat »

N00b in need of assistance.

As outlined here http://www.alandfaraway.org/phpBB3/view ... 88#p589688 I somehow screwed up feat selection.

PC Name: Hobart Floyt

Problem: Mysteriously selected "Extra Rage" as starting feat instead of "Power Attack"

Of Note: PC has not left the start area yet.

Is there any way to get the feat changed to Power Attack? As I said in the thread above, if not, it is not a big deal. I can either play an angrier PC than I expected to, or just create a new one. After all, I am the one that screwed the pooch on this one.

Let me know if I need to provide more information, or if you would rather that I just accepted the consequences of my incompetence!
Current NWN1: Murgen Kjarnisteinn (AKA Grumpy Scout)

Current NWN2: Muir Cheartach, AKA The Pale Faced Pie Man

R.I.P.: Croaker Lyosbarr, Knight of Yartar, Lord of Lhuvenhead (NWN1)

"In no uncertain terms, i am adamantly opposed to any ingame mechanics that penalize players for wanting to meet up with other players, when their goal is to roleplay." - White Warlock
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by CloudDancing »

Make a new PC with a slightly different name and rebuild.

Or you can wait for a tech admin (which may take a while) to log in and manually switch the feats.
Wild Wombat
Frost Giant

Post by Wild Wombat »

Sounds like a plan to me.

Out: Hobart Floyt

In: Hobart Floit

Thanks for the advice.
Current NWN1: Murgen Kjarnisteinn (AKA Grumpy Scout)

Current NWN2: Muir Cheartach, AKA The Pale Faced Pie Man

R.I.P.: Croaker Lyosbarr, Knight of Yartar, Lord of Lhuvenhead (NWN1)

"In no uncertain terms, i am adamantly opposed to any ingame mechanics that penalize players for wanting to meet up with other players, when their goal is to roleplay." - White Warlock
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

When you throw away your armor thinking it is a claw......

So I'm trimming out my inventory last night using the old "build a campfire, put the stuff in, and then remove"

I see this item called "PC hide base" that is some weird red/black checked thing. I inspect it, it says "this is a monster's claw".

I shake my head confused as to how it got there. Without furthe cognitive processingr, I kill it...... only to notice very shortly after that my armor is gone.

So this armor is availble in BG off-the-shelf...... I was hoping someone would be willing to help replace it for me.

Thanks!

edit - nevermind -- I now have my armor -- weird .... pay no attention to me, I'm just an idiot
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

I've been toying with Horatio being an artist since his creation, drawing etc. He is not a spell caster, so I had after talking to ronan about it put the skill points into craft alchemy.

For the first time, I want to actually produce something for someone in game. Rp had always been good enough, but would like to craft an item. I have been ic working on it for a few rl weeks, and have completed a version of it RL as well.

If I could discuss this with a dm to try to get something in game, it's craft artwork, taking exceptional time to complete, starting over as often as needed.
The real Gonz.0
"Where morality is present, laws are unnecessary. Without morality, laws are unenforceable." -Anonymous

Horatio
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l157/ ... atio-1.jpg
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

Would like to have a chat with the Knights of the Unicorn.
Could be via PMs/IRC.
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

Hm. Some nasty air elemetal disarmed my hammer, and didn't give it back once we killed it.
Do I get it back or did the hammer get whisped away to the elemental plane?
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

*the halfling, clad in all black, wound his way through the cavern. Deeper and deeper he went, the darkness heavy but comfortable, like a warm quilt on a winter day.

He worked his way slowly forward, haltling to listen every few paces.

After a number of minutes he turned along a small tributray and the passage narrowed and sloped downward. The passage was tight as it had been each time he had passed through it in seasons past. Finally the passage turned exceedingly small and steep and the halfling watched his steps closely and kept careful for each handhold and footfall.

He was near to the bottom where he would spill out into a familiar passage when suddenly he heard a "crack". The rock shifted above his right hand just a few inches, but a sizeable rock had rolled onto his right shoulder enough to impede his progress forward.

He tried to ascend a bit ... nothing. He worked his shoulder ....... no luck. Trying to keep his pulse slow and his nerves calm Hully tried and tried and tried to move himself free from the grip of the stone.

Brandobaris was not with him.

He swallowed hard and tried to reach for his pipe with his free hand. Good. At least he could have a pipe if it came to it.

He stopped and tried to think of next action ........*

I could use a bit of DM time for a slight problem I seem to have gotten myself into ;)

HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

dergon darkhelm wrote:I could use a bit of DM time for a slight problem I seem to have gotten myself into ;)
Resolved. Ronan, Dergon's going to PM you the details.
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

HEEGZ wrote:
dergon darkhelm wrote:I could use a bit of DM time for a slight problem I seem to have gotten myself into ;)
Resolved. Ronan, Dergon's going to PM you the details.
Sorry all... thought this was fixed.

Same bat bug ... same bat channel. :(

Ronan
Dungeon Master

Post by Ronan »

dergon darkhelm wrote:Sorry all... thought this was fixed.
...as did I. Though I don't know why it suddenly broke in the first place. My gaming rig just experienced a drive failure but I'll take a look at it again when I can. Sorry. Which part of the passage is stopping you?
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Ronan wrote:
dergon darkhelm wrote:Sorry all... thought this was fixed.
...as did I. Though I don't know why it suddenly broke in the first place. My gaming rig just experienced a drive failure but I'll take a look at it again when I can. Sorry. Which part of the passage is stopping you?
As soon as you hit the AT down an "entangling" script fires. It appears to be misreading PC size.

edit: got your tells ... don't worry about it. No big deal :)

dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

OK... I'm stuck again.

But this time it's somewhere else for a change! (On the wrong side of a one-way AT)

Sorry.