DM Requests

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 10 DM

Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Re: DM Requests

Post by Ithildur »

In need of some access to p storage on BG as Aglaril will soon get kicked out of the College dorms (should've happened a while ago actually) ... what are some possible options?

Would some kind of arrangement at say, the FAI be possible (at least until several decades from now when Firewine is resettled!)? Bentley and Aglaril have had more than one conversation that I /think/ have hinted at possible friendliness from Bentley at least based on implicit knowledge of each others' view on certain things (i.e. alignment).
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

Ithildur wrote:In need of some access to p storage on BG as Aglaril will soon get kicked out of the College dorms (should've happened a while ago actually) ... what are some possible options?
The one that I know already exists is p-chests dockside in the warehouse in BG. Probably the easiest to just get it done.
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Hully could use a little DM help-

I was hoping for some gear change/aid as well as help finding a specialty item that's not too powerful but simply isn't available off the shelf.

Also, if anyone is just dying to DM him for plot/PC development I'd welcome that too of course. :)

boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

dergon darkhelm wrote:Hully could use a little DM help-

I was hoping for some gear change/aid as well as help finding a specialty item that's not too powerful but simply isn't available off the shelf.

Also, if anyone is just dying to DM him for plot/PC development I'd welcome that too of course. :)
Who you gonna call?! Boombrakh!

Let's talk.
pragmatic (adj.)
The opposite of idealistic is pragmatic, a word that describes a philosophy of "doing what works best."
From Greek pragma "deed," the word has historically described philosophers and politicians who were
concerned more with real-world application of ideas than with abstract notions. A pragmatic person
is sensible, grounded, and practical.
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

boombrakh wrote:
dergon darkhelm wrote:Hully could use a little DM help-

Who you gonna call?! Boombrakh!

Let's talk.
Sweet -

There have been a few things that I've been thinking about-

On the gear side there are 2-

#1) Upgrade my shortbow to something. I've never seen any interesting magical shortbow off the shelf anywere on any ALFA server.

#2) Some item to reflect the "shadowjump" feat of 3.5 D&D. It's a shadowdancer ability similar to dimension door effect but via the shadows that didn't make it into NWN2. Some item that gave a limited use dimension door (that would be RPd as only shadow to shadow) would be uberawesome.

#3) More for practical reason ... I would like to find an item to allow for "reduce person" so Hully could guide larger people into the UD for fun and adventure. The way through Thorgar can be walked by PC using the game engine, but IC is supposed to be violently windy and occasionally devil infested. So I prefer to use the tiny disssolved tunnel. But this is scripted to be used by small PCs only. Being able to shrink a PC and bring them along would be fun :)

__

On the plot side, Hully has been in the underdark because he feels an affiliation with darkness and shadows and feels his abilities are strengthened there. Since his discovery of a (OOC somewhat newly added) place that blends the shadow plane with prime material he has intensifed interest. He thinks he might learn how understand his transforation and enhance his powers through understanding the boundaries between material and shadow.

Thanks for reading!

dergon

Castano
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Castano »

need help with my journal.

I have 2 quests we completed that never updated.
I have 2 other quests that I cannot complete because they require items from MS, where my PC cannot travel due to me being a DM there.

Anyone able to clear these out for me?
On playing together: http://www.giantitp.com/articles/tll307 ... 6efFP.html
Useful resource: http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

On bad governance: "I intend to bring democracy to this nation, and if anybody stands in my way I will crush him and his family."
You're All a Bunch of Damn Hippies
puny
Dungeon Master

Post by puny »

1. i have a fancy rapier that at the moment is a illigal vanilla thingie that need to be switched out to a alfa-ok one. Ronan got the details on it

2. my Pchest's content seem to have gotten cleaned out, i believe that it is a bug, if it isnt let me know and i'll have deva start strangling shady baldurians til' she get her leopard bikini back or if i should simply lean back and bug report it
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Similar to puny above, my PChest is empty. No idea why. It's PChest #14, not in the public storage either... in Bu's private home area. cheers
Ronan
Dungeon Master

Post by Ronan »

Castano wrote:I have 2 quests we completed that never updated.
I have 2 other quests that I cannot complete because they require items from MS, where my PC cannot travel due to me being a DM there.
PM me the quest names/details and items please.

Should I assume everyone's p-chest is broken? If so I can't think of why, unless there was a script-level change in the module or ACR or something. One thing we made sure to do with the ACR2 is store each chest's contents in a seperate database (file) so one spat of corruption couldn't wipe out everyone's p-chests like would happen in NWN1. Assuming no script changes were made, I'll do a recompile and reboot.

puny, the correct rapier should be in the mod, and I can drop it on you next time I see you.
Brokenbone
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Brokenbone »

FWIW on pChests, I checked out Rhaggot's personal quarters - - a desk that normally only has paper stuff in it, persistently (pDesk?) seemed fine. Yellow chest was 0 items, so yeah, something off with db.
ALFA NWN2 PCs: Rhaggot of the Bruised-Eye, and Bamshogbo
ALFA NWN1 PC: Jacobim Foxmantle
ALFA NWN1 Dead PC: Jon Shieldjack

DMA Staff
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

Brokenbone wrote: Yellow chest was 0 items, so yeah, something off with db.
pChests, so something off with local files (which we kinda knew; BG's long outage in the not-so-distant past was because of a hard drive failure)
Ronan
Dungeon Master

Post by Ronan »

I was actually hoping they'd all be broken, as script-problems are more reversible than lost dbs. Oh well.

BG's been back up for over a month though. Has anyone maybe just not noticed this until now? When was the last time you'd say you saw a currently-broken pChest work?
Brokenbone

Post by Brokenbone »

Afraid I got no info, was in the UD for "a month or more" and didn't do any OOC ports up to surface to worry about chests of junk.
ALFA NWN2 PCs: Rhaggot of the Bruised-Eye, and Bamshogbo
ALFA NWN1 PC: Jacobim Foxmantle
ALFA NWN1 Dead PC: Jon Shieldjack

DMA Staff
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

puny wrote:
2. my Pchest's content seem to have gotten cleaned out, i believe that it is a bug, if it isnt let me know and i'll have deva start strangling shady baldurians til' she get her leopard bikini back or if i should simply lean back and bug report it
Hully's pchest completely empty as well. (Lock Box K - BG warehous) Some this and that missing but a couple valuable magic items (that I was planning to sell/trade) are gone.