Server going down Aug 13 14:30 GMT+1 for move.

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 10 DM

oldgrayrogue
Retired

Server going down Aug 13 14:30 GMT+1 for move.

Post by oldgrayrogue »

I am advised the server will soon be down for a few days due to a move of the host. Zicada, please post here when that will be. I am providing this notice as a courtesy so that players may move their PCs over to TSM for a few days if they wish.
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Re: Server Will Be Down

Post by danielmn »

Sorry, TSM will not be taking any refugees at this point in time. However, citizenship can be applied for, a waiting period within the small cramped confines of Rivermoot of three months is required. :P :twisted:
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
Rotku
Iron Fist Tyrant

Post by Rotku »

Nonsense, Daniel! Don't steal my... err... fun

:twisted: :axe:
< Signature Free Zone >
zicada
Infrastructure Prawn

Post by zicada »

I haven't decided yet exactly when I'm moving. Depends a bit what RL decides to come up with, there's a festival etc, but if the weather continues to suck I'm not going.

I'll be posting 12 hours or more before i'm disconnecting BG. The drive to the new place is about 45 minutes. Then i need to move stuff back in, figure out the new network, and reconnect. Guessing 3-4 hours downtime at most if everything goes smoothly.

Ill post in this thread when i've decided and have some actual times. It will happen between 24 hours and a week from now.

So, yeah, I never said it would be down for DAYS. No idea how that rumor got started,- you people are worse than a sowing circle (oh yeah, name the movie) ;)
"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." -- Richard Dawkins
AcadiusLost
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Re: Server downtime due to moving

Post by AcadiusLost »

I am the vanguard of your misinformation.
zicada
Infrastructure Prawn

Post by zicada »

AcadiusLost wrote:I am the vanguard of your misinformation.
haha no worries mate.
"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." -- Richard Dawkins
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

Thanks Zic. Just wanted to get a post up before I went away =)
zicada
Infrastructure Prawn

Post by zicada »

All right, I've got date and time set.

Taking down BG Thursday 13th og August at 14:30 GMT+1.

If everything goes smoothly it should be back up before 18:30 GMT+1 on the new link.
Rotku
Iron Fist Tyrant

Re: Server going down Aug 13 14:30 GMT+1 for move.

Post by Rotku »

Down for an entire 4 hours?! How will we survive :eek:

Thanks Zic - good luck :)
< Signature Free Zone >
zicada
Infrastructure Prawn

Re: Server going down Aug 13 14:30 GMT+1 for move.

Post by zicada »

All right, it's up on the new link.