Greetings

For new Members to introduce themself and new acceptees to be announced.
Malose
Goblin Scout

Greetings

Post by Malose »

I would like to start off by thanking the staff here at ALFA for allowing me to be a part of your world here. I do apologize if this is the incorrect place for introductions, but I did not see an "Introductions" forum.

My name is Cliff, although you can call me Malose or whatever character I actually decide to play. I am currently trying to decide between Rogue/Sorcerer or Druid/Monk... the former being more of an extrovert while the later generally keeps to him/herself.

On the other hand, I am also having trouble deciding on which server to play. Are there differences in difficulty between The Silver Marches and Baldur's Gate? I am not too familiar with Faerun. I have played in a few campaigns that involved Forgotten Realms, but nothing of real magnitude. That, and I am not extremely familiar with NWN2 yet... although it seems much more forgiving than it's predecessor.

Well, I shall stop rambling on and just say once again, that I am glad to be here, and hope to see you all in the game.
Riotnrrd
DMA's Technical Liaison

Re: Greetings

Post by Riotnrrd »

Hello and welcome to ALFA! Hope to play with you soon!
hollyfant
Staff Head on a Pike - Standards

Post by hollyfant »

Welcome aboard, and good luck with your second character!
Malose wrote:Druid/Monk...
Please be aware ALFA uses the Forgotten Realms limitations regarding multiclassing monks. They're a bit buried in the rules at the moment - our manual is being rewritten.
Are there differences in difficulty between The Silver Marches and Baldur's Gate?
The greatest difficulty lies in meeting up with other characters. Lone adventurers often end up dead adventurers. So apart from possible character background reasons for starting on a particular server, the best thing to do might just be to check which of the two has the most players online at hours you usually play. And if you chose wrong... well, then your PC can simply board a ship and move to the other server.
I am not too familiar with Faerun. I have played in a few campaigns that involved Forgotten Realms, but nothing of real magnitude.
I'd urge you to steer clear of both monks and druids then. Both can have elaborate ties to the FR setting and subject to strange restrictions not usually enforced by NWN2.

I hope to see you soon in-game!
johnlewismcleod
Dungeon Master

Post by johnlewismcleod »

Welcome aboard, matey! :D

I learned years ago to not only listen to, but seek out advice from Hollyfant often and unabashedly. Although he's a neanderthal (oops...I meant Netherlander), he's gives good advice. I'd concur and go a step further...something freindly and extroverted is good to get a chance to meet and greet as many PC's as possible.

Party play is the key to survival (and most would say fun as well). If loner/broody is fun, certainly do it...but maybe after you get a chance to meet everyone and "learn the ropes" so-to-speak.
I seek plunder....and succulent greens

[Wynna] Chula Lysander: [Talk] *Shakes head* I've been in worse situations. He was just....unjoyful! *stomps foot*

Retired PC's: Torquil, Gwenevere
Former PC's: Rugo, Flora, Rory Mor
Rotku
Iron Fist Tyrant

Post by Rotku »

Welcome to ALFA, mate.

And topic moved to the Introduction forum ;)
< Signature Free Zone >
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

Welcome to ALFA!
On the other hand, I am also having trouble deciding on which server to play. Are there differences in difficulty between The Silver Marches and Baldur's Gate?
There is low level content on both servers. And content that send you to Kelemvor's realm in 2 rounds or less on both servers as well.

PCs can physically travel from Baldur's Gate northward to The Siver Marches in game, so don't beat yourself up too much on which one you start.

As for the druid/monk/ isolationist thing, I tend to agree with the advice above. Antisocial PCs have a difficult time finding RP in game and subsequently are less likely to party up to adventure and subsequently tend to die. :oops:

Playing a PC with a hook that allows him to play well with others of many alignments and factions can be a good way to go (Neural aligned Tymoran rogue sorc ftw :) )

Alternatively, consider joining one of the active factions. There is currently a group the faithful of Auril, and group of Servants of Helm (that one's mine so I'm biased...join us! :) ) , as well as a robust group of wizards and other arcanists out of The Lady's College in SIlverymoon.

Feel free to PM me if you have any interest. (We did have one Helmite monk in faction before).

See ya ingame!
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1